The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning everyone. 0 degrees C. The sun is out and that is a rare sighting these days. Doesn't seem like this winter will ever end! Tomorrow is supposed to be an okay day with more snow and rain Sunday. Just dreaming of starting seeds :(. I am feeling like a couch potato so heading to the woods for a good walk. Have a great day all.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Chrisle, only 2,448.8 mi south west of you we are at 63deg F and heading up to almost 90 deg this afternoon. And I am NOT bragging, I'm complaining!! Our three days of winter happened in early January.
    Not sure I am going to work outside today, I finished the conversion of the first bed to a veggie/herb garden yesterday and scrapped fallen leaves off the paths out back so my back is not being too friendly this morning. But knowing me I will be out side at some point today to get something done....anything....before summer temps really set in.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We (he) are mowing everything in anticipation of the rain predicted for the weekend. I picked lettuce early, and hoed the broccoli. It was 55 when I got up, and felt chilly!
    If my "oomph" holds out, I'll plant basil among the tomatoes and try to get the big potted bay tree out of the barn and into the big pot in the herb garden.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. I didn't sleep well last night, so I am up early and already have the dog walked. In a while I will put the topping on my cheesecake and finish the deviled eggs and head over to the potluck lunch to help set up. I love pot luck lunches! If the weather is nice, I hope to do some yard cleanup tomorrow.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Supposed to be storms moving over us later today and with a forecast high of 86 when they do it might be a bit on the very stormy side in the area, so I had better get busy out front and pot up the plants I bought yesterday evening.

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 3°C and cloudy. We had a great pot luck lunch yesterday, and my daughter won 2 awards! Came home from that and then I was lucky enough to spend an hour in my garden! What a great day! Weather is going to be nice today, so it will be another day out in the yard and gardens. Have a great day all :)

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast. We are expecting torrential rain tonight and tomorrow, and so there has been a special weather statement issued. I had a great day out in the gardens yesterday, but I guess the rain is going to prevent that for a few days. Today I am off to help a friend, and then later home to clean and finish the laundry. What an exciting life I have! Enjoy your day all :)

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 6°C and raining. Rainy days are meant for gardeners to get housework done, so that's exactly what I'm going to do!
    Might look for a new recipe for dinner too. Have a great day all :)

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast. It rained all day yesterday, and there is a HUGE puddle at the front of the property. Rain isn't in the forecast today, but it will return tonight with a vengeance! A special weather statement has been issued for my area, for "significant rainfall and strong winds" overnight. That should turn the huge puddle into a Lake by morning! I'm ok with all the rain, especially after the drought conditions we had been in last year and into this spring...it feels like we are 'catching up'.
    Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Good morning all. Nice and chilly this morning, the high temp for today might not be much more than 65...that's more what I like. Might not be out side much, still very sore from yesterday but it is just too tempting to be out there planting some seeds in the areas I have cleaned up so far this year.

11. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It finally stopped raining early this morning after three days and over 3 inches of rain. Everything around here is flooded but finally we have sun, and wind. Everything is green and the trees are all budding out. Maybe spring is getting here. wannabe

12. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Afternoon, everyone! Currently 55f and sunny here without a cloud in the sky. The ice is completely out of the lake and it's so nice to see the blue water and sun reflecting off the waves again. Even though I was annoyed on more days than I can count while living here this winter, it's beautiful to see the changing over from winter to spring up close and personal here in the middle of the woods.

More types of birds have been visiting the feeders, and earlier this week the loons returned. To say I love hearing them out there is an understatement! 2 weeks from today I'll be in my new home, only an hour outside of the city instead of three, so I'm going to appreciate it up here as much as possible! Hope everyone has a great weekend :D.

Frank likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all! Currently 4°C and overcast. It's so good to be back here ... What a long few days it has been!! It all started Thursday night, with the torrential rain storm. We had so much water come down that half our property was underwater, and the sump pump was going continually. Then the winds picked up and the snow started. We got 4 inches of snow in just a few hours, and the winds were howling and the next thing you know the power went out. Off went the lights, the heat, and most importantly the SUMP PUMP! This was at 2:11 am, and so hubby went out into the blizzard to plug in the generator. We were without power for 25 hours. Also during this time, my daughter had 2 competitions to get to and an awards breakfast where she received an award for athlete of the year from her skating club. My parents also celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! We all slept good last night! Today, I'm going to clean this messy house and do laundry and hopefully get time to relax a little! Have a great day all :)

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and cloudy. The dog was WILD on our walk today, and so our walk turned into a training session. He must have spring fever!
    Housework to do today, and the bedding to wash. I may hang it out on the line today. I have missed my clothesline all winter! I'll try to get out to the garden later and finish the garden I was working on yesterday. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

I was only going to water the north shade bed (the heavy rain predicted for us today failed to show up) but ended up getting the rest of the flat of Celosia, two Coleus in pots, It's turned hot out there, which if the storms do develop this afternoon will bring with them possibly large hail and a tornado or two in the area .... again. But then that is Spring in north central Texas.