The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 5°c and foggy. We had this years first thunderstorm yesterday, and received lots of rain. The bulbs are really starting to sprout now!
    I managed to get another garden partially edged yesterday before the rains came, so hopefully I can get back out there and finish today.
    Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Yesterday was our turn to get some good rain, looked early in the day like once again the 'heat island' effect was going to push the rain around us but we got RAIN. 1.07 inches and every thing is soggy especially the black clay we call dirt around here. I think I will work on getting my part of the back room usable, lots of accumulated stuff to move on to new homes either through a donation to CCA or Waste Management (recycle or trash) or simply on the curb for the 'scrap metal guy' to pick up on his rounds today.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, so glad you got wet! We had 2 1/4" overnight, and it's still drizzling this morning. I'm baking bread--cheese knot rolls for Easter--and trying to convince myself that the vacuuming can wait yet one more day!
    Please Toni, what is CCA? We donate a lot to the local Samaritan House which is a combined thrift store and food pantry. Each time I go in with a donation I see something I must have, and come home with a lighter wallet and more "stuff" than I took in!

4. toni

CCA is Christian Community Action, they have four large thrift stores in our area and I mean large. They also run a food pantry, clinic, job training, etc.
    I have found a LOT of goodies at those stores. Every couple of months we make a day of shopping at all of them and always come home with more than we should.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 1°C and dark out. Im up bright and early to go to work today! Yup, its that time of year again ... I get to garden all day, every day!
    Dog walk was a little spooky this morning, so it was short and I'll take him for another one when I get home. Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good morning all. Another overcast day, not supposed to rain until the weekend and after having so few overcast days the last few months I am not sure why the clouds are hanging around now. Oh, well, it's nice to not see the sun for a few hours at last.
    Ground should be a lot less goopy this morning so I can get out and easily pull up some of the Obedient Plant that is not being all that obedient and taking over the front yard.

7. Netty

Good Thursday evening all. Currently 12°C and sunny. 2 busy days at work and I'm exhausted! It always takes a few weeks before I get back into the swing of things. I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in. Had a lovely BBQ dinner and now I am going to relax. Have a great night all :)

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast. There is rain in our forecast today. Heading out early to do some shopping and then home to can some beans. With any luck I'll be able to get out into the gardens this afternoon- if its not too wet. Have a great day all :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I have to ask--where on earth did you get beans to can? We're in Texas and our beans are just up and not even blossoming yet.
    Preparing for Easter today. We cleaned (notice the "we"--husband is the master of the dust mop!) yesterday, and today I'm baking the pie, making the cranberry curry to go with the ham, and cutting and arranging roses for the table. I like to do the roses a day early just in case any little critters are hiding in them. Very disconcerting to have a small spider crawl across the dining table!

10. toni

Good day all. I got one and a half fence panels stained, one is mounted, the other will be tomorrow. Randy spent today tearing out the wall on the kitchen side from the bathroom sink and repairing the drain. It, like the kitchen sink drain last year came to the end of their use after almost 50 years of service. We had a plumber do the kitchen, Randy figured out how easy it was and did this one himself...saved us almost $200. More money for plants ;)

Tomorrow we plan on staying at home and resting, both of us are so sore we can hardly move. :eek: After I get the second side of the last fence panel stained, we will get it installed and ....well, I do have some plants to get in the ground and I really have to get some beans planted.

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 5°C and cloudy. Off to work bright and early ... early bird gets the worm and all that stuff. I would rather have stayed in bed this morning!
    Home by 3pm to have our second easter dinner with my daughter and son in law. Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good morning all. Fence panels are painted and one installed, the other one has to wait until I finish digging the trench at the front of the north bed. The other one is in a shady area on the south of the front garden and I have several interesting birdhouses that will be hung on it.
    Randy got the plumbing work done and we put the wall back so the sink is back to usable.
    I now have very few excuses for not vacuuming the house. My old vacuum was heavy, big and hard to maneuver around the house so we bought a smaller one yesterday. Darn, now I have to come up with another believable excuse for not keeping house like my Grandmother did....you could eat off her bathroom floors they were so clean. But for now I am going to stick with the "I really do not want to clean".....I am old, I can get away with that.

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and clear. I worked hard yesterday, and I slept like a rock last night. The alarm was a rude awakening this morning, but I am up and ready to go.
    I'm hoping all this hard work is helping me shed some of the 40 pounds I have gained since Christmas!! Have a good day all :)

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast. We had a thunderstorm yesterday, and there is another in today's forecast. Spent most of yesterday in the Rose garden, and my arms are marked good to prove it - even with a coat and gloves on! Today back to regular raking. Have a great day all :)

15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I swear our roses thrive on my blood! We have several roses that are very thorny, and very prolific, and very scented. So guess which ones I want to cut and bring inside for bouquets! They're lovely and worth the effort and pain.
    I took broccoli, turnips, eggs, and French bread into town for my "ladies", did my grocery shopping, and then came home to make blanc mange to go with the dewberries my husband had picked. The dew berries are a gift--they just grow in the pasture and we pick them in season. We've never planted nor transplanted dew berries. They just seem to be one of those Texas plants that reward you for not mowing a section of the pasture!