The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Looks yo be a beautiful day here too. My husband and I are embarking on a bike ride today to celebrate the 4th.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. I'm already noticing the days getting shorter ... It was just barely light out at 5am this morning.
    A great day yesterday, sunshine and the perfect day for gardening. We got a lot done!
    Off to work to do it all again! Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The storm early this morning was almost all noise as it rumbled over us and left less .05 of an inch in the gauge but the humidity is soaring so it accomplished something. There is a possibility of showers later today too.
    Netty, being as far north as you are the shortening days do affect you earlier than here. We won't notice a difference for another two months at least...I am really looking forward to that!!!!

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 13°C and clear. It is my Friday, so I hope the work day goes quickly!
    Rabbits are still causing chaos out in my gardens ...grrrr ... ate my freshly planted Helenium and still working on my Lavender. The dog seems to pick up their scent, but these lose it before we find it's hiding spot. We will try again later.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Netty, I had no idea 8th grade! glad she is still with you and not moving on so soon. I love my kids and I also really like them. I enjoy having them at home still. kind of pointless to be out on their own spinning their wheels. Save money and keep putting it away for a down payment. it is hard enough getting started let alone getting started with nothing. I only have one hard headed enough to be out on his own struggling to do it.

and I just want to say I hate raccoons. I want them all dead! they keep getting in my chicken coop at night time. I think they have taken at least 5 if not more this week! I have feathers everywhere. Adrian got up with his gun during the night but didn't see them even though the chickens were making a ruckus! I have a trap set and they have cleaned it out every night this week. now we are going to war.

6. Cayuga Morning

Oh dear Carolyn, those coons sure are wiley! Good luck getting rid of them.

I hope to get out to the garden after work today. My husband& I will be gone for 2 weeks&I know the weeds will just take over. I hope to get everything weeded before our trip.
    Have a good day all! It us dunny & warm here today

7. Netty

Carolyn, that is how I feel about rabbits this week!! I just realized they have also been getting into my (fenced!) veggie garden. They have eaten up an entire head of cabbage and are working on my beautiful kale plants! GRRRR!! The dog and I are patrolling more frequently, but they take advantage of night time when we are asleep inside.
    I have the day off today, and so there is a lot of things I should be doing but here I sit in the house. Out I go to start the grass. Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Good morning all. A sad morning here, we lost another long time friend yesterday. Doug had heart surgery last month, had a horrible time with complications but was now getting up and walking around and getting better ...harrassing the nurses and generally on the way to recovery. But yesterday he was walking around the ICU when he collapsed and died on the way down to the floor. We had known him for about 35 years so today will be a quiet, sad day.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I'm so sorry for your loss of a dear friend. Doug surely enjoyed knowing you and Randy for 35 years.

10. Cayuga Morning

Toni, I am sorry. It is hard to lose a friend of so many tears.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry for your loss Toni and Randy. That's difficult to hear.

12. toni

Good morning all, thanks for the condolences we have been thinking through a fog. And now it turns out he didn't have any pre-paid plans for his funeral so his son's are in the process of getting all that taken care of and paid for.
    We have ours all taken care of so hopefully it won't cost our girls anything, I highly recommend everyone get that done. When my Mom died in 2014 she thought she had hers all paid for but it ended up costing us over $1,000 because her plan didn't include everything.
    We have a couple of errands to run this morning, one of the errands is getting another skein of yarn for a baby afghan I am working on for Project Linus, and then back home to watch the Xfinity race that was rain delayed until this afternoon and that will be followed by the Cup Race at 6:30. So I have a hot day and evening filled with NASCAR and knitting. Am really looking forward to it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  13. Netty

So sorry for your loss Toni.
    Good Saturday morning all. Currently just 14°C and overcast. I was hoping for some rain yesterday, but everywhere around me got it and I didn't. Mother Nature is back to her old tricks.
    Busy day yesterday ... got all the grass cut, the garden shrubs trimmed, and a few unruly trees and shrubs in the yard trimmed, as well as wood stacked and a few things weeded. Also had my vehicle fixed and vaccuumed the pool and did a bit of housework. I slept well last night! Today, it's laundry and housework and hopefully some time in the garden.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. The front porch is wet, so it must have rained overnight.
    Off to work now, after a lovely long weekend. This week is probably going to feel very L O N G!

Frank likes this.
  15. toni

Good afternoon all. I spent all day knitting on a light purple baby afghan....36" square knitted on the diagonal....man is that a large hunk of heavy and very warm yarn object sitting on my lap under my light on a summer day. At least our central AC works great.
    Already got the yarn and pattern for another one ready to start soon.