The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A little warmer today than yesterday and yesterday was beautiful!! I don't get to say that about weather between May and mid-October very often.

I bought plants yesterday, I haven't been able to say that in a long time either. After working in the front garden (another thing I have not been able to say in months) I think I will get out all my Halloween decorations, add batteries and enjoy then for the month (you probably guessed it, yet another thing I have not been able to say in two years)

Frank likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, would you post photos of your Halloween decorations? I bet they are as unique and inventive as you!
    Today was watering the seed beds (green beans, three lettuces, and spinach) and watering the broccoli, which is doing so well.
    Also the two kittens who had their neutering operations on Tuesday were able to go outside and play. They certainly had a lot of pent-up energy! We cleaned the guest bedroom (who would have guessed that two six-month old kittens could make such a mess--kitty litter all over, the sleep mats scrunched up and moved, and their food dish tipped and food on the floor) and got it ready for Timi, the male, who will be neutered on Tuesday. I keep asking God why he sent us three kittens, and thanking Him for not sending four!

Netty and Frank like this.
  3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Here it is 7 pm and I'm just getting to read posts. I was on for a bit earlier to post to wannabe but we were going to go to supper at A & W so didn't write anything else. It was a beautiful fall day here but a little cool. I wore my fleece lined sweat shirt when we went to supper. I did some sewing this afternoon. I sew reusable shopping bags and give them to people. They are about 18 by 20 inches and two or three inches across. I also make smaller ones for kids because kids like them, too. I'm in the process of making 50 of them for one place where we go to eat often. I have about 30 of them finished. dooley

carolyn and Frank like this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently just 3°C and clear. SO many stars up there!
    Off to work, where we begin a week of decorating for Thanksgiving next weekend. We had frost as well, so a busy week of cleaning up annuals.
    I hope all goes smoothly!
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C and clear.
    A smooth first night of skating last night, and today a day to recouperate... My daughter was helping a brand new preskater, and had a sore back. Back to it tomorrow.
    A busy day at work as well ... I have come to discover that I wasn't the only one that had a bad pumpkin year! Seems to be a pumpkin shortage and that makes decorating a little tricky!

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sprinkling a bit here this morning, just 4/100ths of an inch in the rain gauge and as light as it is coming down it could be next Tuesday before that measurement reaches 1/4th of an inch.
    No decorating done yet Jane, the last couple of days were too comfy outside to waste being inside, but I now have a chance to unclutter table tops and get things put out.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Gosh, am I embarrassed! We took Timmy the ginger cat to the vet yesterday so he could be neutered today. The vet call and told us Timmy is actually Tammy, and did we want her spayed. Yes, and does the vet have a picture book describing the difference between a female and a male cat? We'd like to borrow it.
    The only good thing is that the vet missed Timmy/Tammy's gender on his/her first visit to get shots.
    Other than chatting with the vet, I've watered plants, picked bell peppers, and baked pumpkin tea bread. I'm going to use the bread as a bribe for the vet to keep quiet about our inability to recognize cats' reproductive attachments. That's really embarrassing in farming country :oops:. . . .

Frank and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 16°C and cloudy. Rain is in the forecast today, but hopefully it will hold off until my decorating is done.
    Thats funny MG, about Timmy being Tammy! That happens a lot around here LOL
    Off to work in my 'loaner' car ... hope my car is ready after work. Then off to skating tonight.

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

she can still be a "timmy" though. sheheit will never know if you don't tell herhimit.

Good luck on the car Netty. that is frustrating. I got in mine to go pick up my daughter because hers needed fixed and my blower motor for the fans and airconditioning quit. another fix. sigh.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear, with a bright full moon.
    Went to pick up my car yesterday, only to be told my back brakes are shot. I had asked them to look at my brakes, so you would think they would have fixed them while they had the car in the hoist yesterday. SO that means another day with the 'loaner'. At least I am not stranded.
    We got all our Thanksgiving decorating done yesterday, with the exception of the 6 fireplace mantles. I will do that this morning.

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C and raining. Off to work for the last time this week, to make sure all my holiday decorations are still in place, and to start cleaning out the gardens. I always hate that part, but look forward to being finished so I can have some much needed rest. Clean up takes about 3 weeks.

carolyn and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast. We had some rain early this morning, and the breeze has picked up. It really FEELS like fall.
    Off to the arena for my skating class, and my daughters class as well. We will be there for a few hours and then home to clean the house. We are having guests for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday so I need a deep clean. Thankfully, it is supposed to rain all day.

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14° and sunny. We had strong winds overnight, and there is a real feeling of fall today. I guess I'd better get used to that!
    I'll be doing some baking today, and some more cleanup before I will allow myself some garden time.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all, and Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate today!
    It's currently 14°C and raining. The dog has been banished to the mud room as he wouldn't let me wash the mud off of him from our morning walk.
    In a few hours I will be putting the turkey in the oven, and my daughter and son in law and the grandpuppies will be coming over to help eat it.
    Made a carrot cake yesterday with fresh carrots from the garden, and a pumpkin pie with frozen pumpkin from last years garden. I forgot to plant pumpkins this year!

15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, and to all our Canadian members, Happy Thanksgiving!