The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

yah, Happy Thanksgiving from me, too. Have a blessed and wonderful day with your family.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving from me also.

We have another day of summer temps and no rain. Leaves are falling but from heat stroke instead of cooler temps,....they are dead and crinkled as they fall. No pretty fall display for us again this year.
    We took off yesterday and went junquing. Haven't been in months because of the family situation so being away for fun felt really good yesterday and had a great meal at a Tex-Mex place named Garcia's just outside of Granbury....their Sangria was really good too.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and foggy.
    We had a fabulous turkey dinner last night, and 2 kinds of dessert. It sure was nice to have the whole family together and eat to our hearts content! We talked about all the things we are thankful for ... it was a wonderful family moment. Today, its back to work. We are in shut down mode and so things will start getting cleaned out. It's a sad time of year.
    Have a great day all :)

4. toni

Good morning all. A somewhat rainy, very windy and wonderful COOL front moved through last night. This mornings temp was around 58 and the cool mornings appear to be in our forecast for at least this whole week!!!!!! I am going to the garden center this afternoon and will be working in the yard all week.
    This is my happiest time of the year, cool weather and working in the garden again.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C and windy, with a high of only 11°C expected today.
    I've pinched a nerve in my hip area, and have been hobbling around. I had a horrible night sleep because of if, and so today I'm going to see if I can get an appointment with my Chiropractor. I hate feeling like this! Long day ahead and skating tonight.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Sorry to hear about your pinched nerve. I don't know if skating is such a good idea at this moment. You don't want to make it worse with a slip or something.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and windy. Everything is wet from yesterday's rain and it really feels like fall.
    Took advantage of the rain day and saw my Chiropractor and she fixed me up. I can just barely feel what was yesterday a horrible pain!
    No worries Sjoerd, it was my daughter skating ... my class isn't until Saturday morning! I should be as good as new by then :)
    Off for a wet and windy day at work. It is exactly this kind of weather that reminds me to keep up with the clean up because worse weather is coming.
    Parent/teacher interviews tonight.

Sjoerd, Cayuga Morning and Frank like this.
  8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast.
    It's already warmer than it was yesterday!
    Had a great parent/teacher interview yesterday, and I am proud of my daughter.
    Off to work for some more fall cleanup. Yesterday we did the veggie garden. Today, we will start the flower beds.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cleaning house today and doing my watering a bit late. It was so foggy when we got up that I wasn't sure I could find the rain barrels, much less the plants! We are in for a warm day with temps in the low 90's, but a cold front is supposed to move through on Monday and we will be more seasonal. Are you contributing some of your fall weather to us, Netty?

10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 17°C and raining. Cold front is to move through in a few hours bringing strong winds and much cooler temperatures.
    It is an inside chore day today, so I am glad it is raining or I may have gotten distracted from my tasks.
    Skating yesterday, and then a trip to Costco and Michaels. I behaved myself at both places.

11. toni

Good morning all. The cool front moved through here overnight, not very cool outside yet since the good stuff is following the frontal line and hasn't arrived yet...but we did get a bit of rain. Only .32 of an inch though, we sure could use more.

AHHHH, there's the good stuff now. The wind has picked up and suddenly changed direction and is coming from a more northerly direction. Feels like it's dropped several degrees in the few minutes since I went out to check the rain gauge.

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 8°C and windy. My internet was out for a day following a storm on Sunday. All is well now.
    Off to work, another day of cleanup. We got lots done yesterday because it was so cold ... hopefully our progress doesn't slow down as today will be warmer.

Frank likes this.
  13. toni

Good morning all. Another chilly start this morning, I really hope these days of 40-70 degree temps aren't going to end up being our only touch of winter before Spring heats up next March. Discovered yesterday that a reallllllyyy large Hackberry tree in the back corner will have to be taken down, hope it stays up until early next year when we can afford it. It started growing out there when I was busy inside with a little one about 30 years ago and when I started gardening in '03 it was already pretty large but we had spent many summers enjoying the shade when our little one wanted to be outside. It will leave a large sunny hole in the backyard when it comes down. :worried:

Frank likes this.
  14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 10°C and clear. It's going to be a warmer day today.
    We have been waiting patiently for a package to arrive, and I hope today is the day... New skates for my daughter!
    If the don't appear today, Lord help me at skating tonight ... poor girls feet are so sore from her current skates. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C and clear.
    Our package arrived and the skates fit ... all is well again.
    I went to the bank yesterday, and their internet connection went out and they had to close the bank. I find that so sad that our world stops because the internet goes out. They have ALL my money and I can't get any of it if the power/internet goes out??!! That is terrifying! Time to build a vault of my own?
    Off to work for another day of fall cleanup. Have a great day all :)