The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all, TGIF!!
    I've been working very hard this week, and I'm worn out. One more day to go and I can get some rest!
    Fall cleanup continues today, we are moving along nicely. We should be done in another week or so.
    Have a great day all :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Another warm, humid day--temps in the mid 80's for this afternoon. I picked more peppers and a bunch of arugula. Now to house clean and do some laundry. We also get to put the anti-flea drops on the kittens--whoopee. Fridays are so exciting!

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Bill paying day, thankfully the Government hasn't shut down yet. This is the first year of paying our own property taxes...we paid off our mortgage last March so now those bills come to us. Kind of makes me feel like a grownup paying that ourselves.....especially now that there is no mortgage payment attached to them.

Frank likes this.
  4. Netty

Congratulations Toni! I can't wait to pay off our mortgage ... a few more years to go yet.
    Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. It's going to be a lovely day!
    Off to the rink this morning, and then home to dig up the carrots and beets, and clean up the garden.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 10°C and sunny.
    I had hoped to sleep in this morning, but I was wide awake just before 6am.
    A busy day in the yard yesterday ... harvested the carrots, last of the beans and cherry tomatoes and some beets. Planted the garlic. Started cleaning out the veggie garden and it is starting to look bare. I have lots of beets and kale yet to harvest. Today, the trampoline comes down and the firewood needs sorting. Fall is such a busy time!

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We had rain late last night, not just a few sprinkles like usual but a downpour and it was wonderful. The noise scared the cat, when he was an outdoor cat he spent a lot of time trying to hide from the weather :( So when we get a heavy rain he gets skittish and worried, I have to leave the TV on during the night when it storms or he is wandering all over the house raising a fuss. There was 1.33 inches of wonderful wet stuff in the gauge this morning and my plants are standing up tall and bright.,...I could swear I heard singing coming from the garden last night and it wasn't me out there enjoying it all.:D

Odif likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and cloudy. It is SO dark in the mornings now, and I need a good flashlight for my morning dog walk.
    Off to work, where I am going to try to clean up the entire front lawn and garden area to beat the torrential rains expected tonight.
    I am trying to be done by Friday, which may not happen if the weather doesn't co-operate.

Frank likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good to hear that Netty...I was a tad nervous for you there for a moment. Glad that you are feeling better after a visit to the chiro. Lets hope that your daughter's feet will feel better with those new skates.
    BTW--I do so enjoy reading your daily "Good Mornings" on here.

Frank likes this.
  9. Netty

Thanks Sjoerd :)
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 8°C and windy. We had strong rain overnight, but it has stopped for now.
    I hope the rain holds off for the day ... Lots to clean up at work yet. This morning, we are going to start cleaning out the largest garden and I hope we don't have to do it in the rain!
    It's going to be a long day no matter what ... got to bed late and I'm very tired.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Our Tuesday is off to a very good start! I picked bell peppers with the help of four cats (oh, a basket to jump into, what fun!), and then mixed up a batch of cookie dough to refrigerate and bake this afternoon. Halloween is coming, and I want to take a cookie plate to some of my favorite people.
    A friend called and asked if she could stop by. She arrived with four steaks and two pounds of hamburger from a steer they had butchered. She has been sharing in our garden produce and breads, and wanted to share what she had. Wow! We are going to be eating well for quite a while. We had a great visit, talking about places to snorkel and the different fish we had seen, and various places we had both visited. She is such a dear!

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It rained here today. A lot to start but the mist and drizzle the rest of the day. It was very windy though. Predictions were for 40 to 50 mph winds off and on. It's still windy but I think it has calmed down quite a bit. We were out and about for awhile doing appointments and breakfast. I think it's going to cloudy and rainy all week. dooley

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It rained most of the day with high winds and the temp was only 45. We turned off the A/C and turned on the heat.

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently just 7²C and windy. There is a small chance of rain today.
    Day 3 of cleanup this week at work. We got 2 of the largest gardens cleaned up yesterday. Today, the Butterflly garden and Rose garden are on the list. I hope we are able to finish both.

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 3°C and clear. I saw a shooting star on my dog walk just now!
    Off to work, a day of more cleanup and planting bulbs today. Also need to gather the hoses.
    3rd morning of waking up still very tired. I hope I'm not coming down with something! Maybe I'm just working too hard!

15. Netty

Good Friday morning, and TGIF!!
    Currently just 1°C and clear. There is frost on my windsheild this morning.
    Off to work I go, just one more week and I'll be done for the season.
    I look forward to sleeping in this weekend!

carolyn and Frank like this.