The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

yep rain this afternoon and 100 raspberry plants and 10 blueberries came in the mail yesterday.... I need to get to work, but it is chilly out there right now.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It's been looking like rain all week but nary a drop has fallen on my yard. Chance of rain is better today but just a chance and that covers the whole north central Texas area so my odds are slim to none.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Rain here as well today. :(

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 3°C and raining. I'm back to my old routine of errands and shopping on Thursdays. I'm not needing much this week so it should be a short trip.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Supposed to be in the low 80's today and tomorrow, then a cool front comes through and we have temps in the 60s for several days.....still no rain though.

6. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Dry dry dry. Pleasant days and frosty nights.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

market day tomorrow so baking day today...

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was raining this morning when we went out. It had stopped by the time we were ready to come home. We are going to put a light over my sewing table so we stopped and bought a light and some shelving to install it. I sewed a shopping bag, just one today. There's a lady I give them to and she gives them out to her employees and others. I give them to others here and there. Everyone needs shopping bags and these can be reused and are washable. dooley

9. dooley

It was rainy and windy here today and only in upper 30's. So far we haven't had any snow except a few flurries but nothing that stuck to anything. We installed the light on the back of the sewing table so I can sew when it's cloudy or even dark outside now. There are no ceiling lights so I have to have something that will illuminate the space on the table where the sewing machine sets. I sew five or ten bags a week and give them to people. I don't sell them because it's just something I do to give me something to do. I don't work outside the home so I guess you could say I'm retired. I'll be 77 on Jan. 2nd. dooley

Odif likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and windy. We had snow overnight!
    Not a lot going on today, maybe I'll have a day of rest! Haha not likely, but its nice to dream!

11. toni

Good morning all. Not a drop of rain around here for 10 days and none in the forecast for the next 10 days. The cool front did move through yesterday so the summer like temps have gone and it looks like they may be gone for several days!!

12. dooley

Sunny here today but windy and not too warm. It says it will be sunny all week. Maybe upper 30's to mid 40's. That's warm for us at this time of the year. dooley

13. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Raw cold rain today - a real UGH day that just makes you want to come home, grab and blanket, park it on the sofa and watch TV ALL day!

14. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Clear with no frost this morning. I need to put in a tender for a contract to supply firewood to the baker in the village. This is worth about 5000€ a year. So I will be cutting wood in my forest and I will calculate how much wood I can extract on a sustainable basis. I will first remove all the dead trees standing and afterwards I will thin out some patches and calculate how much I can get out. We have 5 hectares of Chestnut and 3 hectares of mostly oak, ash and wild cherry. The chestnut was originally planted to make stakes for the grape industry. When you cut them down they regrow, so normally there are 3 cuts after 7 14 and 21 years, each time getting bigger wood. I will only be cutting out the chestnut. Wood is just like any crop in the garden.

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -4°C and clear. Yesterdays weather was horrific, but I did finally mange to get all my garden carrots cleaned and canned. Today, I will work on the beets and kale, as well as baking up some carrot muffins. A busy day, and skating tonight!

Sjoerd likes this.