The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I finally got cookies baked. I made the pfeffernusse last week and have given them away already. Today I made sugar cookies and sprinkled them with red and green sugar before baking them. I made about a hundred of them in various shapes. I couldn't find all of my cookie cutters but they will turn up tomorrow or Saturday. I saw them a week or so ago and should have moved them to the counter. These that I made today are going to our favorite place to have lunch when we eat out. They have about 20 employees total and I've given them cookies other times. They do give back as some times we get a free lunch. dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -8°C and snowing. It is a 'snow day' today for the kids ... all the school buses have been cancelled due to snow, and the freezing rain that is to follow.
    I have a quick trip to make to the store this morning, but I have a funny feeling a certain skater is going to want me to take them to the rink for some extra ice time.
    All eyes will be on the weather today. Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    Weather turned out just fine yesterday ... the freezing rain didn't come. We did get a nice fresh coating of white snow, and that cleans everything up nice for Christmas.
    Baking today, and maybe a baked goods delivery to my daughters inlaws. Then I am locking myself inside my house, only to leave for dinner at my parents house, and then home until it is all over! Have a great day all :)

4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Hello all, here are some photos from yesterday. IMG_0059.JPG Lettuces and rucola.

IMG_0058.JPG
    More lettuce and babies.

IMG_0057.JPG
    Another patch of lettuces.

IMG_0055.JPG Chicory scarole.

IMG_0060.JPG
    Frosty looking cabbages.

Attached Files:

Frank and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It looks very cold in that last foto...but you have quite a lot going on there still.
    I liked seeing the foto's.

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -7°C and clear. Another busy day today ... off to dinner at my parents house for Christmas later.
    I look forward to the whole family being together for the night...there will be 12 of us.
    Tomorrow I will wake up in my own bed and hopefully Santa will have been here.
    Merry Christmas all :)

7. dooley

Merry Christmas! It's getting dark now so Christmas is going to be over in a few hours. We celebrated with our son (Andrew) and his family yesterday. Santa Claus must have come while we were sleeping because there were presents in the living room this morning. We had stollen for breakfast and ham and sweet potatoes for lunch. Ham sandwiches will be showing up for supper in an hour or so. It's beginning to feel cold. It's supposed to go down to zero degrees F tonight and it's very windy outside. Soon it will be time to celebrate the New Year. Then, my birthday! No more celebrations after that for a few weeks. dooley

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -14°C and sunny.
    Yesterday was a very lazy day around the house, just enjoying the company and opening some gifts. I think everyone got spoiled again this year.
    Today, my daughter wants to hit the mall for boxing day shopping deals. I'm not sure I share the enthusiasm, but may go anyway.
    Tomorrow, we will have a big dinner with my other daughter and her husband, who had to work Christmas and boxing day.
    Have a great day all :)

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thank goodness, all the folderol is over for another year. Way too much food yesterday....but thankfully the Mimosas were being frequently poured .

10. dooley

It was one degree F today with wind chills below minus 20 degrees. We went to breakfast with our son and family and they picked us up and brought us home. Our car refused to even start and it was towed to the car dealership. They'll let us know tomorrow what might be the problem. It's supposed to be below zero all week but hopefully not so windy. dooley

11. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -20°C and clear. It was a cold dog walk this morning, but thankfully no wind. I followed rabbit, deer and 2 coyotes tracks in the snow down our road this morning. Interesting to see what walks the same trail as us everyday.
    Today, I am cooking a turkey and a moose roast and having a big family dinner.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A Moose Roast! What does Moose taste like? That is something you never see in a butcher shop down here.
    Good morning all. Another cold windy WINTER day here, Winter weather during the Winter season is a necessity for me to make it through the coming summer, I have to have some wonderful cold weather to look back on and remember fondly.
    Holiday decorations are down and out, except for the Yule log....I just like the looks of it this year.

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -28°C and clear. There is an 'extreme cold alert' in place this morning, and we have broken some records.
    It was a very short dog walk this morning!
    Was planning on doing my errands and shopping this morning, but I have decided it can wait until tomorrow when it won't be nearly as cold.
    Today, I'll be making some turkey soup from yesterdays bones. The moose roast was eaten up so no leftovers to work with there. Moose meat is one of my favorites, and I only get some the years my hunter friend is successful. He had a good year this year, and so I get lots of moose meat. It is similar to beef, but a little more 'gamey' and a lot leaner. Moose meat is the ultimate in organic meat!
    Have a great day all, and stay warm :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I like moose meat as well. When we lived in Alaska we would trade salmon for moose meat and other meats with friends who had moose either hunted or won a road kill lottery.

15. Netty

Good Friday moring all. Currently -22°C and sunny. We are at the beginning of a cold snap, that will last until at least January 6th. New Years Eve is going to be the coldest New Years Eve since 1968, and many places that have outdoor events have cancelled them due to the cold. I am ready to hibernate and come out only when spring arrives (81 days to go!)
    Did my errands and shopping a day late due to cold weather, and I rushed to be back in time for daughters ice time. Turns out the zamboni is broken and there will be no ice today.