The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -14°C and cloudy. A bit warmer this morning, but there is a bit of a breeze today, so it's just as cold.
    I'm thrown off my regular routine due to the arena being closed ... we have usually been at the rink for an hour already.
    Guess it's laundry and cleaning day!
    Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Monday morning all, and Happy New Year!!
    Kids were gone and so I had a quiet night, and didn't see midnight. I'm Ok with that :)
    Lazy day ahead, tomorrow we put away the Christmas tree. Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good beginning of the New Year all. The sun is shining brightly today, first time in over a week and I personally did not miss the great ball of burning gas in the least. Our temps have been below freezing (32f) since early Sunday morning and are likely to stay there until Wednesday afternoon sometime.
    A few gun shots rang in 2018 this along with firecrackers and we tried to watch the New Years celebration on TV last night but those are terrible now. .
    Our next door neighbor came over for a drink and a visit so movie watching didn't happen, maybe tonight.

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I went to bed early about 11 and didn't get up until after 8. Then when I checked the weather I wanted to go back to bed. It was minus 14 F. and the wind chill was minus 28. Our high today was 2. That is to cold for me.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. After this weeks cold temperatures, this feels almost tropical!
    I got up early to make sure the garbage and recycling were out, as I missed it last week. I sure hope they see it and take it away!
    I'm not sure what's in store today ... guess I'll have to wait and see what my daughter has planned when she gets up.

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -13°C and overcast.
    Yesterday was a lazy day. Today, we have a few hours of ice time, an appointment and then more ice time.

7. toni

Good morning all. Today is to be our last day with below freezing (32f) temps for a high. Soooo, maybe the water hoses to my washing machine will thaw out and I can do laundry at last. Not that I miss doing laundry but we are running low on some items of clothing :eek:
    We never got any ice and certainly no snow but parts of Texas south of us got some ice. I will miss the wonderfully cold nights with the bedroom window open, we sleep so much better in a cold room.

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -15°C and cloudy. It's currently today's high as the temperature is going to drop and snow squalls will begin.
    I'm headed out to do my errands and shopping, but I'll be quick and tucked back into my warm house by lunch time. Tomorrow is going to be a cold one with -30°C and so I won't be leaving the house - except for a short dog walk. Sunday the weather is looking warmer again and we will finally be out of this cold snap...for now.
    Oh Toni, I can't wait until I can sleep with the windows open again! Maybe in May.

9. toni

Good morning all. Yesterday the high temp was 45, I really do miss seeing ice in the birdbaths and not having to do laundry.....the warmer temps yesterday meant to washing machine hoses thawed so my no laundry excuse was no longer in effect. If this year repeats last year, those three days of below freezing temps will be the only ones we have until this time next year.
    We sleep with the bedroom window open any and all nights when the temperature is below 40f.....the colder the better. Temps over that and the window is closed with the window air conditioner on.

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

haven.jpg

Its another cold and moist day in the harbour here today. There is a gathering at the lottie complex however for snacks and juice.

dooley likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all! Currently -28°C and sunny. We broke records and with the windchill it feels like -40°C!!
    We skated this morning and it was COLD in the arena too! Home now, car back inside the garage and we are warming up.
    Tomorrow, it will start getting a little warmer again. I am so tired of this cold!!!
    Going to make some chilli for dinner, that should warm us up!

12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

the last cold day for a while, now that is a good day!. hip hip hooray! missed most of it while we were away on "vacation" but it wasn't nice where we were either. mostly cool to cold and cloudy and or misting rain. feel dorry for the East coast. I am hoping all our friends and fellow stewbies are safe sound and warm!

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -14°C and overcast. Today feels balmy compared to yesterdays -40°C windchill! The dog was happy to finally be able to have his entire walk this morning, and Lord knows I could use the exercise! Laundry and cleanup today, and a work party tonight. Have a great day all :)

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and clear.
    It's been a busy few days, but today I can finally slow down a little. I have lots of housework to do, and skating tonight. Also have to take my dog to a groomer to get his nails cut. I have been chasing him around the house with the clippers for 2 weeks now and have only manged to get one nail cut. I used to always cut his nails, until once when he jerked his paw when I cut it and it bled. He hasn't allowed me to do it since! Vet did it last time and he cried like a baby LOL

15. toni

Who, the Vet or the dog?
    Good morning all. Another chilly one here and they are threatening me with 60+ degrees today :( But then another cold front moves through sometime tomorrow bringing the cold back to me.....I have missed it so much and can not wait to greet it with an open door and a big cup of hot coffee. And I will have to start watering if we don't get some decent rain before too much longer.