The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

LOL Toni - the dog!!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently +6°C and raining. My dog walk this morning was BRUTAL as all the snow has turned into ice. I think my skating lessons came into play here, as I slipped many times but did not fall! I'm off to do my errands and shopping this morning.
    Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. The newest cold front pushed it's way through my area about 2 hours ago and the temp has dropped from 57 at 10 am to 46 now at noon. But most of the rain is south of us and heading northeast and there is a small system way out to our west but it is heading southeast and all that means nothing will be happening here, yet again.

3. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 3°C and raining. When I woke up at 6:30, the temperature was 13°C. School busses were cancelled today because we are expecting a flash freeze and then the rain will change to freezing rain and then to snow. I have no intention of leaving the house today, other than for my dog walk.
    My bedroom needs a good clean up so that's where I'll be.

4. toni

Good morning all. I don't really know what a well diggers back pocket feels like at the bottom of a deep cold well, but I have a feeling that my front yard feels pretty darn close to that this morning. 24F (-4c) but feels like 11F (-11c) and that is if you are standing somewhere sheltered from the wind. No precipitation of any kind locally though.
    Got some running around to do today....in the truck with very little outside time involved.... might even find a junque emporium or two along the way.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -14°C and overcast.
    Spent the day at a skating competition yesterday. My daughter was SO nervous this time because she moved up a level, but it worked out great! She won 3rd place and came home with a bronze medal. She also did a group event and they scored silver. It was a fun day, but today there is lots of work to do around the house.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was cold here today, too. I think it may have gotten up to 12 but maybe not. It was sunny but a bit windy which made it feel colder. It was just 4F degrees at 9 am. But, it's winter so we expect these temperatures through March anyway. Then it starts to warm up again. Summer will be here before you know it. I was lazy today and didn't even do sewing and only cooked breakfast. Went to the sandwich shop for lunch and brought half sandwich home. Guess I'll do cooking tomorrow since we are to have snow tonight through tomorrow. Four to six inches is what is predicted. That's more than we have had so far this fall and winter. dooley

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Morning all, it's incredibly dreary here in Essex today, very wet indeed and the forecast is for blustery showers and wind. Groan, I am over winter! Seven degrees when I went out with the dog but wet and the forecast is cold for the rest of the week. I have some home grown, home made spicy pumpkin soup bubbling away for my lunch today to warm me through.

8. toni

Good morning all. One bright, kinda warm sunny day before another front moves through this afternoon. Tomorrows high temp should be around 30 with a low tomorrow night around 15. Yea!!! we are finally getting weather that passes for winter down here. Might even be some wintry mix falling from the sky during the night....guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight I just have to see it for myself.

9. Netty

I'd happily take your 7 degrees EJ, as it was -15°C when I was out with my dog! Brrr!
    Good Monday morning all. It's another cold one, and I am happy to be back inside with a hot cup of tea..
    I did a big clean out in my bedroom yesterday and so the other things I wanted to do yesterday will need to be done today. I'm still chasing the dog around with the nail clippers too

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast.
    Feeling kind of 'blah' today, could have something to do with the fact it's the most depressing week of the year according to research. I am just ready for spring now, and it's still so far away. House work today, and then changing over the soccer clubs website this afternoon. That should keep me out of trouble.

11. toni

Good morning all.....it would be a better morning here if the predicted snow for last night had happened. But once again and as usual we were in a gap in the clouds so we got nothing.
    18 deg F outside this morning....that means the hoses on the washing machine are frozen solid again so laundry is postponed until tomorrow....oh boohoo. :crying:

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -18°C and sunny. It's a very pretty morning despite the cold temperatures because the sun is shining. We don't see too much sunshine these days. I may just snuggle up by the fire with my tea and seed catalogs. Time to plan the garden!

13. toni

Good morning all. I started re-organizing my seed collection yesterday, not looking at buying more I have so many now that I need to use. I tend to buy seeds then forget to plant them when it's appropriate.
    Our temp was 17 this morning but by next Sunday it's supposed to be back in the 70 deg range and time to be pruning back some really sad looking perennials.
    Houston and Austin got ice and snow and they are both about 4 hours south of me, but I didn't get even a flake.....unless, as my hubby so sweetly says."look in the mirror hon to see a snow flake"

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast. There is also a fairly strong south west wind chill that usually means the temperatures will be on the rise.
    I'm off to do my errands and shopping this morning, and hopefully to look at some carpet. It is time for new carpet in the living room - we have wanted to change it since we moved in 14 years ago! I'm not sure what I want so it should be interesting.

15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Netty, I chose commercial grade carpet when we built our addition 15 years ago...oh my... 18 years ago, now. it is still very nice carpet and I am soooo tired of it but I want hard wood floors not carpet next. It is a berber and has worn like iron even with the dog, cats, 6 persons company a remodeling etc etc... no marks no stains no runs. as soon as I have enough moolah saved up I will get bamboo or.... something instead of carpet. I spend hours vacuuming each week.sigh. it would be nice just to sweep with a swiffer and be done.

and YES! it is warming up!