The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 1 degree C and sunny.
    Took an extra long walk with the dog this morning because it was such a nice day!
    Today I am painting the second coat onto the living room walls. Then out comes the old carpet and the new carpet gets installed early this week. I can't wait to have my house back in order!
    Have a great day all :)

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Took a walk over in the park. The weather is cold, grey and windy (especially along the Zuider Zee). When we went through the woody area, we saw seven bluer herons standing on as many nests way up in the trees. They squawked now and then, no doubt to let others know that possession is 9/10ths of the law, in terms of the nest.
    We looked all over for some spring bloomers to see peeking through, but none to see so far.

3. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast.
    Spent the past few hours getting my computer working again, after a bad update crashed my computer.
    So glad it's fixed ... I really am rather dependent on it!!
    Off to get some skates sharpened and then home to start ripping out carpet.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Wow Nets--it sounds like you need a tablet or sompin' for back-up. ;)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

I do, I have a laptop, and tablet and a cell phone! My desktop is just my favourite and the most used and has all my 'stuff' in it. I really am due to back up my files again, and this was a perfect reminder.
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -15degrees C and sunny. Well, I have a kitchen full of livingroom furniture and I'm waiting for the carpet installers. They are already an hour late :smt086
    I can't do too much as the house is in total disaster mode ... who knew there was so much 'stuff' in the livingroom? Keeping my fingers crossed they get here soon and its done quickly so I can put my house back together.

Sjoerd and carolyn like this.
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    All I have too is a desk top, soooo much easier to get things done on it compared to a smaller sized unit. And when I go some place I have knitting with me for those times when sitting and waiting somewhere .

Another chilly morning but warming up with no mention of rain the forecast for the next 10 days. My yard has had only a little more than 1/2 an inch since before Christmas. The drought map is getting darker orange with each passing day.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

netty... i think we are all astounded at what we have accumulated over the course of living in one place for an extended period of time. i dread the thought of moving... in 20 years.

Cayuga Morning and Netty like this.
  8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -11°C and snowing. It's actually a small blizzard that was totally unexpected! I was wanting to head into town to get some things done, but not sure if I want to go now. My new carpet is in and I love it! So clean and fresh and cushy! Now I have to decide what I want to put back into this room besides the regular furniture.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -3°C and cloudy. The full moon is shining through the clouds.
    Off to do my errands and shopping today, and visit a friend.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A little nippy this morning but the coming week will be like a yoyo....50's-60's-50's-60's and it keeps on going for the upcoming 10 days. The only saving grace is that the overnight temps will be 30s-40s-30s-40s. Yoyo, yes, but a nice cool yoyo. The only rain since a few days before Christmas has been 1/3 inch, so the wildfires are popping up around the area. So far just dry grass and some trees but no homes.

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -18°C and sunny. I didn't expect it to be so cold this morning and didn't wear my windproof pants on my dog walk. My poor legs were frozen by the time I came back! Now sitting with a hot cuppa tea and a blanket on my legs. I'm still re-arranging my house and sorting through all the things I removed from the living room. Slow but sure progress. Have a great day all :)

Odif and Frank like this.
  12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -11°C and cloudy.
    We ran out of heating oil in the middle of the night and so it's a little cool in here. Oil truck will come later.
    Off to the rink!

13. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

IMG_20180203_090126.jpg IMG_20180203_090204.jpg I am sitting at my laptop, contemplating the day. I don't know the temps outside, but looking at our rhododendrons, I can tell it is cold. They are our unofficial thermometer, the leaves currently coiled very tightly. Makes me cold just to look at them.

carolyn likes this.
  14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Oh, yah... that means its cold out there. when they look like cigars... its really cold

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and snowing. It has been snowing all night.
    Thankfully, we got the furnace running again yesterday. The gauge was stuck at 1/4 tank and so we were fooled into thinking we could call for oil next week. I know better now for future.
    I have 2 boxes of papers from my desk to go through today, and the stuff I don't need will be burnt. Slowly getting rid of the clutter in this house!

carolyn likes this.