The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny. The breeze makes it fell more like -20°C.
    It's going to be a very exciting day today! My daughter and her husband are heading to the hospital this afternoon to have an induction! That means I am gonna be a Grandmother very soon!! My job is to dog sit, until my son in law is able to return home. I am beyond excited!!
    Have a great day all :)

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yea!!!!! I remember the birth of my first grandson. I got to be in the room during labor and when he was born they let me stand on the couch in the corner during the birth so I wouldn't be in the way. I am surprised that couch survived I was bouncing so much those last few minutes.

Another cloudy and very chilly day here but should warm up into the low 50s later. Into the low 70s by Thurs then another cold front blows through to drop temps again. This is more like winter, we don't usually get cold weather day in and day out, just a cold front every few days with warmer temps between them. First time it has been a normal like winter in many years down here.

3. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -14 degrees Celcius and sunny.
    I had the worst night sleep ever. Slept at my daughters and the dogs kept me up most of the night (mostly my own) and had me up at the crack of dawn. I wish I had their energy!
    So yesterday was "pre induction" and today is induction day. I'm not sure how long everything will take but apparently the nurses are betting on a Valentines baby. It's going to be a very long week for me driving back and forth and watching these dogs, as apparently the father is expected to stay at the hospital until the Mom and baby is released.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

So, having a baby in Canada is that different? and the husband has to stay there until she goes home? like as in a couple days or a couple hours...what if it is a c-section? why is she being induced? just curious. is she or the baby having difficulty? or way past due?. man, that pitocin is nasty stuff. I wish her well. and a speedy delivery and a healthy experience and baby.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

It has all changed since I had my last baby 14 years ago! The husband (or other support person) stays there for the entire visit, but they do have to provide their own food, blankets, pillows etc
    My daughter was induced 13 days early due to her high blood pressure. My grandson was born yesterday at 5pm, weighing in at 6lbs 11oz! Mom and baby doing great! I am headed home this morning to drop off the dog and pick up my daughter and we are heading to the hospital to meet him.

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  6. toni

Not sure I would want a 'support person' hovering over me while I really want to either sleep or adore my new baby. What's his name???

Good morning all. Foggy and drippy this morning, heading into the 70s today then into the 80s tomorrow. But another cold front moves in on Friday dropping the temps back down into 40-50 deg range for a few days. I think I would gladly put up with the warmer temps if it came with some rain. A loooooong slow rain for many hours/days would be great, 2 inches spread out over 3 months does no good for the garden.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks so much for your well-wishes. I really appreciate that.

Hope that you and yours have a great trip to Fla and come back home all safe and sound.
    It sounds like you are having some fun already.
    Annnnnnnnnnnd---please do not forget to take some piccies to show and tell on here. I love seeing pics.

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Glad she is doing well and the baby too. congratulations to all of you.

I don't think I would let my husband to be there that long. I wouldn't even let my mother in the room while I was giving birth... If I was doing a home birth yah, I guess he can stay...

S, I am glad you are doing better. take care. C.. have a fabulous vacation.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Congrats Netty, a grandbaby!! How wonderful!

My husband and I are now in south Florida. Temperatures are in the mid-80's! Very hot for us.
    I took a run on the beach this am. Very nice. In the distance is the Naples pier. It was damaged by the hurricane this fall, consequently fishing is temporarily banned. A beautiful beach, great run. IMG_20180214_074808.jpg

Two days ago, we were driving through Virginia & stopped at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home. Photographs were not permitted to be taken inside the home, but here are some outside shots. It is the same building that is depicted on one of the USA coins.
    I am having trouble posting them. I'll try again.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    carolyn likes this.
  10. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

IMG_20180211_155853.jpg IMG_20180211_154208.jpg IMG_20180211_144530.jpg IMG_20180211_144340.jpg IMG_20180211_144600.jpg

First two photos are of Monticello, President Jefferson's home.
    Third photo is of some of the architectural detail.
    Photos 4 & 5 are of a weather vane. The weather vane (photo 4) is on top of the building, but Jefferson had it connected to a representation in the ceiling of his front entry way (photo 5) so he could look out his ftont window & see which way the wind was blowing !

carolyn and Sjoerd like this.
  11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good day all! We have some snow, again. Can't wait for some milder temperatures.

Congrats Netty!

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 1 degree and foggy. Temperatures are going up today and should hit 8 degrees later today. Met my little grandson yesterday and his name is Lawson Michael. He is a little cutie! I'm hoping they are able to come home today, I am ready to be at home and sleep in my own bed.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

First of all ---Netty: Congrats on your new grandchild. It is so difficult to imagine that you are a grandmother. Also Congrats on the Olympic wins, not the least of which was today. That was a great win!

And Cayuga--Super fotos. I am so glad that you took and showed some of the detail work. I also like to do that when I am photographing structures. Sometimes the beauty is in the details.
    I appreciate you taking the time to post these for us to see.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and raining.
    I had a good night sleep in my own bed last night, and the dog was most happy for his regular morning walk this morning. Now I am off to do some errands and shopping before rushing back to take DD to some ice time. Back to normal around here already.
    Tomorrow after skating we will probably go see the baby again. My son hasn't seen him yet.

15. toni

Good morning all. I woke up to RAIN....outside thankfully....this morning. We were on the tail end of a heavy storm that trained across our area, most of it was up in Oklahoma but it did give me 1/2 inch which is not perfect but it was slow and steady which means most of it actually soaked into the ground instead of running off the hard dry surface.

Frank and Cayuga Morning like this.