The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Congrats Toni

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's was snowing here earlier but we only got some flurries and it quit. There is some sun out now so maybe we won't get much more if we get any more at all. We haven't had too much so far. Only that one big one. It's okay with me if we don't get any more. dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast.
    Just came back from my morning walk, and saw several Robins! That means spring can't be too far away, right?
    We are heading out as a family this morning to go see my little grandson. My husband and son haven't seen him yet. I baked the new Mom and loaf of my pumpkin pie bread, and the new Dad a loaf of my banana chocolate chip bread. That is their favourites :)
    Then home to do some regular chores ... bring in firewood etc, and hopefully some BBQ'd burgers for dinner.
    Should be a full day :)

carolyn likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. Weatherman says we are going to get a significant amount of rain later.
    Going to be mild as well, with the high expected to reach 5°C today, and 12°C tomorrow. This leaves us favorable conditions for flooding and so there is a special weather statement in effect. Today I am going to prepare for being indoors for the next few days ... bringing in firewood, making sure my sump pump is working and my eaves troughs are clear. This would be usual weather if it was April! I'm going to enjoy a beautiful day before the rains start. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

It was pouring here Netty... its coming. batten down the hatches.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning . The weather people keep saying we will be getting rain, likely about 3-4 inches before it's over. They have not be correct yet so I am not getting my hopes up. there was only .02 in the rain gauge and not a sign of rainy weather on the radar for the whole state.....wonder what they were smoking last night to make that forecast.
    Muggy this morning and should reach temps in the 70s, not a fit day out for man nor beast with the humidity at 81%.

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 4°C and raining. It rained all night too, and the sump pump is running almost non stop.
    There is a huge lake on the front of the property and the ditches can hardly keep up with the water. Our 'bus house' is 12" under water, and the water is almost up to the top of the bridge. There is usually about 4-4.5 feet of space under that bridge where that water is. Thankfully, our house sits well back from this area.
    Catching up on housework today. Have a great day all :)

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 10°C and raining. The water peaked yesterday, and finally the rain stopped long enough for it to drain off. There is still lots of running water, but at least the ditches are flowing again. We are in for a few more days of rain yet. I didn't get caught up on my housework yesterday, instead I canned some baked beans and pulled pork, baked and went shopping. Today I'd better get cleaning! Have a great day all :)

9. toni

GOOD MORNING ALL. My rain gauge held 3.94 inches of rain this morning. It has been months since we got that much rain in a one day period!!!! Lots of cold air too, west and north of my area is getting some icy conditions. Still more rain coming that could give us some icy conditions in a few hours.

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    Off to do my errands and shopping. I don't need much today. I'm also stopping to have a coffee with an old friend, which will be nice.
    I can show her baby pictures, and I have LOTS :chuckle:
    Have a great day all!

11. toni

Good morning. When I woke up this morning I thought it was Friday already, that's what happens when you purposely do not leave the house for a few days...to me anyway or could just be that I am old. o_O Anyway another .55 in the rain gauge so far today and it is still coming down pretty steadily and is supposed to well into the weekend.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast.
    Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day and so I spent some time outside and BBQ'd some pork chops for dinner.
    Today, I will sort seeds for tomorrows seed swap and tidy up.
    Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. This rain has been something else, some would say it has been H***, there has been flooding of some neighborhoods. My rain gauge has received 5 inches in the past 3 days and more to come today and then some heavier storms tomorrow.
    A couple of cities to my east were hit by EF0 tornadoes earlier this week, damage but no loss of life.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. It was a busy weekend and so there is lots of clean up to do today.
    Skating Saturday morning, and then the seed swap. I was a little disappointed with the selection of seeds there to swap, but it's all in the timing and mine must have been off. I did get a small package of blue hulled peas to try, and bought some beans and tomatoes from one of the vendors. A few more weeks and I'll be able to start sowing a few things. The weather has been so spring like, its easy to get carried away. I know that Winter isn't done yet though.
    Lots of clean up to do today, and a little visitor expected this afternoon.
    Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all. In 5 days last week my garden received right at 8 inches of rain. That's the most we have had in all of the previous 8 months combined. About 4 days this week with a chance of rain and hopefully by next weekend I will be able to start easily digging up some plants that need to be moved. They really needed to be moved a year or two ago but when the ground is too hard to get a gardening fork in, moving plants just doesn't happen.