The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was 50 degrees here today and may be in the 50's the rest of the week. Winter isn't over though because March is a bad winter month usually with a lot of snow. Maybe snow for the weekend, too. It's been a pretty mild winter with only occasional snow and not much below zero weather. Snow is all melted except for the large piles from the snowplows. It's still sunny. I like the sun shining in the window. dooley

marlingardener likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, I like to see the sun shining in the window, too! We haven't had much sunshine for the past two weeks. Rain is welcome, but it could be spread out a bit more.
    We took advantage of the relatively warm temps and sunshine this afternoon to finish pruning the fruit trees. We had started the pruning last week and got three trees done before it started raining. We still have two flower beds to tidy, and carrots to plant. We have to decide which is more important--tidy or carrots. I think the carrots will win.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny, with a high of +13°C today! These kind of temperatures are unheard of in February here, and so I am going to try to enjoy every minute of it! Winter will come back, I am certain! I picked up another 2 bags of garbage on my dog walk today, out of the ditches. People littering is one of my biggest pet peeves, and especially those who think its OK to dump their garbage in rural ditches. Especially since the garbage dump is less than 2km from here.
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's another foggy morning. With all this humidity, I'll soon be covered in moss!
    Netty, I agree about litterers. I have an arrangement with the local sheriff. If I see someone tossing litter, I get one free shot at them. Just kidding, but I am seriously thinking about talking to the sheriff about my "you litter, I shoot" idea.

Netty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

@Netty ....I hate litterer's too! I did call the sherriff one time when I caught someone dumping a refrigerator on our road when I was a kid.
    Good idea Jane! I need a yard sign. If I could catch one doing it and I knew where they lived I would have dropped it back off to them happily.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Netty and marlingardener like this.
  6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast. Todays high is expected to reach 13°C, and if that happens we will break records.
    I'm off to help a friend move this morning, and then skating tonight.

7. dooley

Today is the last day of February and it was sunny and 40's but March is going to come in like a "lion."
    We are predicted to get 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow. We are on the edge of the area so we may get the low amount. Temperatures are going to be in upper 30's for the rest of the week. dooley

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. Weatherman says we will get freezing rain today, and then snow overnight. I hope the weather isn't too bad tomorrow morning as DD has a skating competition a few hours away. Today, I am off to do my errands and shopping.

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

ugh! freezing rain. stay safe and be careful Netty. nasty stuff. We are supposed to have another inch of rain today and we are saturated already.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. March didn't really come in like a Lion, but it was carrying a very large bucket of water that it dumped on my yard.....3.44 inches in the large rain gauge out front and the not surprising thing is that there are no puddles in our yard anywhere. The soil down to the deepest depths has been bone dry for the past 2-5 years without much rain, it was all sucked in. There was a flash flood warning for part of my area but it was on roadways where there was no soil for it to soak into.
    Might be more rain off/on this week but the temps will be in the 65-70 degree range. I am thinking that winter is over down here....not that we have never had a snow event in March but typically March is more Tornado season than anything else.

11. dooley

I'm not sure if March came in like a lion or a lamb. All morning there was some sun and some clouds and more sun. Temps were in the 30's. But, around 3 o'clock it began to snow. Very large snowflakes blowing all around. It wasn't sticking to the streets because they were already wet from old snow melting away. It did eventually coat the grass and non street areas. Then, around 4 pm the sun came out again and by dark the snow was all gone. There was no wind to make it like a lion but did the snow help or hinder making it like a lamb. dooley

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. Well, the weatherman was wrong, imagine that!
    We didn't get freezing rain OR the heavy snow that was forecast! But there was lots of snow south of here.
    I am very thankful as DD has a skating competition today, and I have to drive an hour and a half to get there. It would have been terrible if we had gotten the snow.
    This is her last competition of the season.

carolyn likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny.
    I had an extra long walk with the dog this morning because it was such a nice morning.
    Now home to do the laundry, and defrost the big freezer.
    My daughter came home from her competition with a silver medal on Friday. She had a good year!
    l

carolyn likes this.
  14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good Morning all. We had a short but enjoyable 'get-a-way' this weekend. We went to some local junque/antique shops and found that they had changed way too much toward the fru-fru antiques and done away with the really good 'old' stuff, so those are now marked off of the list of good places to shop. Found a really good new breakfast place yesterday morning, did what shopping we could find and checked into a hotel last night.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast.
    Was really tired when the alarm woke me up, and I was kind of twisted. Now I have a pain in my leg when I sit down lol Doesn't hurt when I'm in any other position. Thankfully I have an appointment with my Chiropractor on Thursday morning!!
    Off to do some window shopping and get skates sharpened this morning. Then maybe a surprise visit to see my grandbaby. I haven't seen him in 7 days, and they change so quickly at this age.