The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's not a good weather day here. It started snowing during the night and it's still snowing off and on today. We are supposed to have had 4 to 5 inches but I didn't venture out to check on it. The snowplow went through and cleared the streets and sidewalks except where there are cars parked. It may be a snowy week with snow off and on, not steady. Hope everyone stays safe and warm. dooley

Frank likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. I had an extra long dog walk today because for the first time since last year I could hear all the birds singing! I sure miss that sound during the winter! Saw a coyote on our walk too, but he ran away before the dog saw him (phew)
    I'm off to help do some cleaning and ice show preparation at the arena this morning, then back to the arena this evening with my daughter.
    Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Netty, you are such a good Mom putting all this time and effort into helping your daughter follow her passion!!!

Good chilly morning here but steadily warming up over the next few days soon reaching good gardening temps of around 65-70. My muscles will be killing me after months of no gardening but by Friday night I should be very happy with my efforts.

4. dooley

Sunny here today. The snow had quit by the evening yesterday and the snowplows were all out early. With the sun shining it got up into the 30's today and the roads were wet instead of slippery. We only used the main streets so can't say how the side streets were cleared. Our apartment complex was in good shape. Lots of icicles hanging from all the buildings. A thought went through my mind that I should take a broom out and clear some of them off before they get too big. Fortunately I ignored that thought. There are no icicles over the sidewalks. It's supposed to be sunny for tomorrow, too. It's only March though so I'm sure there will be a few more snowy days. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. We had a light dusting of snow overnight, and so it feels like winter again. No birds singing this morning!
    Off to do my errands and shopping, as well as a chiropractic appointment. I do hope she can re-align me and get whatever is sitting on my sciatic nerve moved!

6. toni

Good afternoon all. Looking at the long range weather forecast it would appear that Winter is over for us. Maybe a morning or two later this month with a low temp in the 30's but most days the high will be between 50-70.
    I feel a plant buying trip to the garden center in my immediate future!!!!

Netty likes this.
  7. dooley

Sunny here today. Cold though, only 36 degrees. More days in 30's coming through the month. I did see some 40's toward the end of the month. dooley

8. toni

Good morning. Pseudo Winter has returned...yesterday the high temp was 87 deg. This morning a cold front moved through and the high will be around 70 deg with high winds and a sprinkle now and then. I like this much better than the almost 90 yesterday.
    I gave in and bought some plants yesterday, Snapdragons and Ageratum houstonianum (Bluemink, Floss Flower)
    A friend has a good sized bed of them and they are covered with Monarch butterflies every late summer into fall.

9. dooley

It was sunny here today but only near 40 degrees. It will be near 50 on Saturday. Slowly the temperatures are rising toward spring. We didn't really have a bad winter temperature or snow wise. There is still snow on the ground but the sun is doing some work on it and slowly it will leave, too. March is still a winter month though so we will probably see snow again. Maybe snow in the beginning of April, too. I do remember planting cool weather crops in late March or early April when we lived in Wisconsin in the 60's through the 80's. But, we'll enjoy the weather we have and wait for summer to put in an appearance. dooley

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and cloudy.
    First day of March break and we've already had a grass fire on our street (set by fireworks) , vomit all over the road, as well as most of the mailboxes on our strip beaten with baseball bat.
    Why do people have to be like that?? GRRRR!
    Off to the dentist this morning for a cleaning, and then anything could happen!

11. toni

Good morning all. Chilly but sunny today, not warmer than the 60's for a few afternoons but Fri and Sat will be in the 80s. I have my sights set on cleaning out the north full sun bed first and getting lots of butterfly and bee plants out there.

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast with some light snow.
    March break this week, and so I have to amuse my teen. We are off to Costco today, and maybe the dollar store.
    At least she is a cheap date lol

13. toni

Good afternoon all. Had my yearly "mash and scan" this morning. Everything looks good but the official results will be emailed to me in a couple of days.
    Netty, my oldest daughter had an allergy to SALE signs so I did her shopping without her!! Now on a teachers salary and two boys to buy for, she finally found the wonders of thrift stores and resale shops!.
    My youngest was born a cheapskate, thankfully.

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and light snow falling. Sun is supposed to come out today!
    We are heading into the big city today, to visit my parents and they will finally get to meet their great grand baby!
    It will be a fun day :)

Tater likes this.
  15. toni

Good morning all.
    Netty your day will be especially fun for the new great-grand parents!!!

I am about to order clothes for me, difficult to find things I like in stores they are all so Hip and Trendy (I hate those words).....and even if they did fit me I would look like an old woman trying (in vane) to recapture her youth.

Tater likes this.