The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 1°C and sunny. I've just come back from my regular Thursday trip into town to do my errands and shopping.
    I bought some new work pants and work boots today, because I usually wait until April and then I can never find navy work pants in my size. This year I am ready!
    Off to the arena for some ice time
    Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast.
    I took the dog for an extra long walk this morning because I was enjoying the sound of all the birds singing. I sure have missed that!
    I could also smell the scent of freshly spread manure in the fields and I was dreaming about spring, which is now only a few days away.
    Off today, to walk the lot my daughter and son in law bought... 56 acres of forest and trails ... I am excited to see it!

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Much to my surprise and great delight we got rain last night....only .65 of an inch but it makes the ground a little easier for digging in to move a couple of rose bushes this week.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was sunny and near 50 here today but the weather says it will go back to upper 30's/lower 40's this week but no rain or snow until later in the week. Wisconsin does get snow into the beginning of April sometimes. We've had snow this winter but only a couple bad ones with several inches of snow. That's our area. Other areas to the north and west got more. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny.
    Felt something move in my leg/butt yesterday and got a nasty pain in my leg. Sciatica is back ugh
    Hoping to get in to see my chiropractor today.

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny.
    Had a horrible night sleep again, due to the pain in my leg. Chiropractor was able to give me some relief but sleeping (laying down) seems to make it worse.
    Walking also provides relief so I've been doing lots of that. I just hope it feels better before gardening season starts! The joys of getting older!
    Today I am going to attempt to start spring cleaning.

7. toni

Good morning all and happy Vernal Equinox 2018!! It is windy and chilly here so no out side work..cold winds give me a sinus headache and it's Tuesday so I think I need to re-instate my long time but sometimes forgotten routine of spending Tuesday reading....goodness knows I have plenty of books to choose from. I tend to buy books with all good intention of reading them then they sit and accumulate dust on the table next of my chair while I spend more time knitting than reading.

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny.
    I'm stepping out of routine today, and putting off my errands and shopping until tomorrow. Today, I am going to go help paint the ice for my daughters ice show on Saturday.
    Hard to believe this skating season is already over!

9. dooley

Good morning! Cool this morning but going up to 47 degrees. Lots of sunshine out there already. You all have a good day now. dooley

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny.
    Off to do my errands and shopping today.
    Have a great day all :

Tater likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Our first hummingbird of the season came today! Eight a.m. and there was a Red Throated hummingbird sipping on the salvia greggii. Bit earlier than previous years, but this winter/spring has been strange, very strange.
    I'll be planting squash and more cucumbers later, after I clean house (getting to mess about in the garden is my reward for cleaning!:setf_004:)

Tater and Netty like this.
  12. dooley

It's still a bit cold for planting things outside here. But only one more week until it's time for April showers bring May flowers and things will brighten up some. Meanwhile I'm trying to get my sewing room cleaned up. I had material stacked everywhere. I folded it nicely and stacked it on the shelves. Now, I just have to straighten up and do something with the bears that I took off the shelves. I used to collect teddy bears and when we moved around I gave lots of them away but you know they are starting to creep back again. I wonder why. dooley

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny.
    A busy day yesterday ... up at the crack of dawn to go to the rink and prepare for the skating clubs ice show. Show didn't start until 1:30, but there was lots to set up. And while we were busy at the ice show, hubby was at home on alert as a careless neighbor lit a fire that lit the fields ablaze. Many firetrucks were still fighting the fire when we got home at 5:30, but they managed to get it out shortly afterwards. I'm not sure how many acres burned, I will have a better look later. If the wind had shifted at all, our house would have been at risk. SCARY!
    I hope that careless neighbor gets a hefty fine as there is a burn ban in effect. What ever happened to common sense anyway?
    Today, lots of laundry to do and cleanup around the house. Hopefully some time to start cleaning up the yard too.

Tater likes this.
  14. toni

Good morning all. Hot and muggy outside this morning, miserable weather is starting, no gardening for me until about Tuesday when the overnight temps drop into the 50s and it becomes bearable to be outside for a couple of days next week.
    We are under a constant burn ban here in the city and because we are almost always in drought conditions the last many years, yet that doesn't stop some idiots from burning a barrel of trash....but me calling the fire department does!! Some habits are so ingrained in people who have lived in areas where burning trash has been a common thing that they do not bother to find out the local laws and ordinances when they move to a new place. So is raising chickens in the city but those neighbors have been fined for both over the years. :rolleyes:

15. dooley

It was sunny and in the 40's here today but the wind made it feel cooler. We went out to Menard's to get a new recycle basket to put in the kitchen. We have recycle dumpsters and trash dumpsters. Each apartment has a garbage thingie in the sink for getting rid of food stuff. Turn it on put the stuff in it and run the water and it turns to a liquid and runs down the drain. I can't think of the name. Lots of places have them. We still have piles of snow but they are melting slowly and the rain this coming week may help remove them. dooley