The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Those are garbage disposals, Dooley. I think I have only lived in one place that had one over the years.They were all the rage several years ago but I think since making compost for you garden became the rage, they don't get installed in very many houses any more. I think poor sewer systems have a lot to do with whether a builder installs them in new construction.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Thanks, Toni! As I'm getting older I forget the names of things even though I can still picture them in my mind. I can't believe I forgot it when I remember or someone tells me.

3. toni

Same here Dooley. The mind picture is there but the words just do not want to join it without some embarrassing moments.:rolleyes:.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny.
    Went for a walk out back last night to look at the burn damage from the day before and found a smoldering log. Played fireman and doused the log with pond water, I sure hope that is the end of it! I'll bet there is 45 acres charred.
    Cleanup to do today and also a dentist appointment to get a lost filling replaced. I am not going to enjoy that. Garden club meeting tonight - my first one since they meet on Mondays and I'm usually at the rink. I get a month off skating duties until spring skate starts in May.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. Finally some rain in the forecast today!
    Missed the garden meeting last night due to vehicle problems. So aggravating!
    Spring cleaning starts today, so I've got lots to do.

6. toni

Good morning all. Woke up to rain pitter-pattering on the ground, not much so far but it is still coming down. Wizard is in the livingroom batting his treat mouse around (not a real mouse for goodness sakes, in case you are wondering)....it will be empty again very soon.
    I think today will be a Midsomer Murder marathon and knitting day. I am alternately working on scarves for the Foster Kid project and the WWII museum project for retired veterans.

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 3°C and raining.
    I'm off to the garage, where they will look at my car and tell me the bad news, and most likely not be able to fix it right away. I will be left struggling to figure out a way to get things done.
    Dear daughter has a test in another town tomorrow, and of course there is the matter of groceries etc
    I get SO stressed out when I have vehicle problems!
    Keeping my fingers crossed :setf_050:

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, thank you for sharing your rain with us--we received 2 1/4" overnight and we needed every drop! I'm baking bread instead of watering gardens, and have some stock simmering on the stove. When the skies are dark and everything is damp, it's time to put a Luciano Pavarotti CD on and knead, knead, knead!.

9. toni

Some of Netty's rain fell on my gardens too. 2.11 inches since early yesterday morning and it is wonderful. Last real good rain was on March 1st so it was really beginning to get dry.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had some rain during Monday night/Tuesday morning but streets are dry. The piles of snow from the snow plows are slowing melting away. It was nice and sunny yesterday with temps in 40's and today it is nice and sunny with a temp of 52 on a thermometer when we were out and about this morning. I have my sewing desk almost cleared off so I can start sewing again. There are still a few small bears sitting on it but I will move them in awhile. It will be nice again tomorrow and maybe a part of Friday and then it will get colder and Sunday it will be raining again. It must be spring and soon there will be the April showers and then maybe some may flowers. dooley

11. toni

Good morning all. Got up at 3:30 a.m. to take our neighbor to Love Field (the original airport for Dallas) Her flight was at 6 but she had to be there 2 hours before that. Got back home about 5 a.m. crawled back into bed. Got up at 8 to take our youngest daughter to DFW airport (the big one west of Dallas), she is flying to Boston for a long weekend with friends and an anime convention. Stopped for breakfast on the way home and hopefully I can stay awake until bedtime tonight.
    Definitely a movie and knitting day.

12. Netty

Good Friday (literally!) morning all! Currently 2°C and cloudy. It rained all day yesterday, and finally the ground is wet. The fire ban has been lifted.
    Not sure what today will bring ... I may try to get out and start raking the yard. Or cleaning out the garden. Or turning compost.
    I'll have my coffee and decide.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  13. toni

Good morning all. People across the street are having a really large tree taken down, don't know why but they must think it is necessary...there goes a lot of needed afternoon shade this summer :(
    Everyone we shuffled off to the airports yesterday made it safely to their destinations. Daughter comes back Monday morning, neighbor not until the 8th.

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 1°C and sunny.
    I didn't get to any yard work yesterday ... the wind was strong and very cold. So far today there is no wind, so maybe I'll get out there today.
    Rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow... Here come those April showers!

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Snow, snow and more snow. It started about three hours ago and we have about 3 inches and it is still snowing. It is not a good weather start for April.

Frank likes this.