The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. We had some snow falling yesterday, but thankfully it didn't stay around. Today highs will reach 8°C so I'm going to try to get out and enjoy the day. Already took an hour long dog walk this morning, and hope to get out and do some raking. Tomorrow brings heavy rain.
    Have a great day all :)

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We had a total of 5 inches of snow yesterday but it was sunny today and a lot of it has melted. We are to have thunderstorms tonight so the rest will leave.

3. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day and I manged to get part of the yard raked and 2 gardens raked out as well. I also put out my solar lights.
    Today, cleaning and organizing.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It started snowing about 1 pm today and it's building up rather quickly. We are supposed to get six to eight inches before it quits in the morning. It'll be the most we've had all winter and it's late to be getting more than an inch or two. It's supposed to be April showers and the saying doesn't say snow showers. It's rain showers that bring May flowers. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. It rained all night and there is a lake on the front lawn again. At least it wasn't snow!
    Special weather statement in effect for today ... winds will pick up and we will get 90km/hour winds and then the temperatures are going to drop. I've been outside making sure nothing can blow around and cause damage. Last night our dishwasher blew a line and so we have some water in the basement to clean up. Good thing hubby heard the pump running and managed to turn the water off quickly. So that means no water here until that line is fixed ... could be a long day!

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had a snow storm from yesterday afternoon until early this morning. We had 5 or 6 inches but areas to the north of us had 8 to 10 inches. They got around and plowed early and the streets were good when we went out about noon today. Now cold weather again. Nothing above 30's and some in 20's. Then, more snow on the weekend. dooley

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. The wicked winds of yesterday have stopped blowing and we have a nice fresh layer of snow.
    The temperatures sure have dropped though! Off to do my errands and shopping today, skating tonight.

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. The snow melted but the weatherman says we are going to get some snow later.
    I have lots to do today in preparation for tomorrows delayed family Easter dinner...pie to bake, house to clean etc

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny.
    I just found out I am getting an award! Volunteer of the year, nominated by the skating club, for the local sports council's Breakfast of Champions! It's nice to be formally recognized for all my work :)
    Today is Turkey dinner day! Lots to do, but I'm excited to see the kids and my grandson, who is now almost 8 weeks old.

marlingardener and Frank like this.
  10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Whoohooo, congratulations Netty!!!! All the work you have done for the skaters is being recognized by the adults, I know the kids already know how much you do for them.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Congrats Netty!

12. Netty

Thanks Toni and Frank! Awards ceremony will be April 21st and includes a free breakfast :)
    Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and clear.
    We had a lovely early supper last night, with a great visit from my daughter, son in law, and new grandson.
    I ate WAY too much and we had lots of left overs, which I was happy to send home with them :)
    Now back to my diet!

Frank likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, congratulations on your award--you ARE a champion, in more ways than one. I'll be thinking of you on the 21st.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny. My dog was a little wild this morning and so we took and extra long dog walk.
    Heading to the shower and then thinking about heading to Costco and Michaels.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and sunny. I was WAY overdressed for my dog walk today and came back dripping with sweat. Guess I'm still used to the colder weather!
    I picked up and filled my weekly bag of garbage out of the ditches. Found one disgusting thing that will remain there until next week after the predicted rains wash it out ...ugh people are so disgusting!!
    Off to do some shopping with my daughter today and then to visit the grandbaby.