The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Staying in again today. Plows are out so orders are to stay off the roads . They may still be icy and slick after the plows are done. Last night plows went through the complex and plowed all the garages shut with snow piled in front of them and then it froze. Cars in parking places are plowed in too. I just made some banana bread. I think I'll do some sewing now. dooley

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Don't hate me because I am working in the garden and sweating....hate me because I am beautiful... If you believe that I have bridge I will sell you.
    I have Ageratum, Monarda and a Hollyhock planted in the north sun bed. Moved an Orange Rocket from too much shade to part shade. Got ready to water some things and one of my long watering wands broke in half as I used it and the other one is missing :eek: But knowing that means a trip to the garden center and I do need more plants for a good sized bare spot....I am happy and extremely sore!!!

3. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

Here is another day of rain and cooler temperatures. I have not done that much yard work yet for customers. I look at the fact that at least I did some work.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I managed to do some cleaning out and weeding in one of the front flower beds. I would have done more without the wind coming up, and Cali the cat deciding to "help" me. I am so behind on prepping the flower beds and weeding the vegetable beds. As Petonius said, "at least I did some work."

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. Nothing falling from the sky today (thankfully!) and the wind is getting lighter. What a horrible weekend we just had!!
    I don't even want to talk about that nastiness, I just want to get on with spring!
    Clean up today and maybe a trip out to pick up a few things.
    Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. Boy, this winter weather sure is dragging on and it's making everyone cranky.
    I'm going to do some shopping therapy today and go to Costco and Michaels. That should make me feel better!
    Warming up for the weekend, I can't wait!

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's warming up here, too. The weather report says it will be 61 on Sunday. Hope all this snow doesn't melt at once. There would be a lot of flooding. We got from 15 to 19 inches depending what area you live in. There are huge snow piles everywhere. They have end loaders piling it in big trucks to carry it away. I wonder where they carry it to. dooley

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, I'm glad you are in a warming trend (although you didn't have much lower to go!). When we lived in upstate NY, the dump trucks of snow took their loads to Lake Ontario. Maybe the same is happening to your snow, except a different lake?
    We have temps in the high 60's right now, with low 80's anticipated for this afternoon. I finished filling in the potato trenches, saw I need to weed the onions again, and played with the cats on the back porch. This afternoon I hope to finish filling and planting the container pots with herbs, if the cats aren't too cute to ignore! Amazing how three cats can cut into gardening time . . . .

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. I am sad today after hearing that Barbara Bush died yesterday.
    I ordered plants yesterday and a half gallon size container of Zum body wash ...I love that stuff, the Frankincense and Myrrh version is wonderful, and have been buying the 8 oz bottles but it is much cheaper to buy in bulk so I splurged on the big bottle.

10. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

Bonjour! There is still snow here. However, there is no snow on a lady's daffodil buds!

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast.
    I went to Costco yesterday, and showed great restraint at all the bareroot plants they had for sale. I didn't buy a single one, although I was rather tempted at first. I wish I could have shown as much restraint at Michaels ... I spent entirely too much money there!
    Today I am off to do my regular grocery shopping and errands. I don't need too much as I picked up quite a bit yesterday.
    Home early and then skating with my daughter tonight.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. It wind is cold but it sure is nice to finally see some sunshine!
    Temperatures are on the rise today, and will continue on an uphill climb for the next week. I am going to celebrate the disappearance of the snow with a BBQ'd steak dinner tonight!
    Hopefully I will be able to continue my garden cleanup this weekend. It's time for spring and I am so ready!

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 3°C and sunny. High is going up to 14°C today and I am taking full advantage!
    I'm even putting out the patio furniture and garden ornaments! Now that the last dump of snow has melted I don't want to see any more until Christmas!

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good windy morning!
    Netty, how was the awards ceremony yesterday? I do hope all your accomplishments were recognized and applauded.
    We got the back yard mowed before the rain set in yesterday, and I cut turnip greens for a friend. It's so windy today that I think I'll just bake a couple of pies and do some reading.

15. Netty

It was great MG, thanks for remembering! There was a huge 'spread' for breakfast and all the local sports clubs were represented and had awards to hand out for our local 'Sports Hall of Fame'. Great day :)
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast with rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. I have finally been able to spend some quality time with my gardens! A few more to get raked out and then on to the veggie plot if it's dry enough. I have great faith that is the end of the snow for us this spring!