The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Jerry, those are wonderful suggestions, but our cats are particularly fond of baskets of any kind. They hop in and lay on top of zucchini, make a nest in cherry tomatoes, and do the cat "kneading" thing on corn. If there is a basket available, they want in it! My husband suggested I use two baskets, one for the cats and one for harvesting. Sorry honey, I'd need four baskets--one per cat and one for me!
    (The thought of our cats high on catnip gives me the frights!)

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14°C and clear.
    Had a wonderful day yesterday at my areas Botanical Garden Tour! I toured 8 amazing gardens, 2 of which were 2 acres. I only took a few pictures as I was just in awe with everything I was seeing and forgot to take more photos. I felt very inspired and came home and spent a few hours in my own gardens! I was out there until dark and plan on heading out again today.
    First I have some housework to do!
    Have a great day all :)

marlingardener likes this.
  3. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and clear. The birds are singing happily, I really miss that sound in the winter months.
    Off to work, for another day of dragging hoses around. There's no rain in sight until next Monday so there is going to be a lot of watering this week!
    Forest fires are burning out of control to the north of me, and to the east. We need rain really badly!
    DD is starting a new skating session today, hopefully that goes well.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's been a sunny day with temps in the high 80's. There is supposed to be a thunderstorm starting in 10 minutes but the sun is still shining brightly so I don't think it will come that soon. There is a bit of breeze so maybe the wind will carry it along sometime this evening. We saw lots of trees with large white flower bunches while we were out riding the bus today. There was a tree with pink flowers, too. Lots of flowers along the sidewalks. Flowers are here to stay for awhile, I think. It is July so it is flower time. I sure wish I had a place to grow flowers but an apartment only has so much room and I only have a Jade plant. It's grown from a small pot from a garden department into a large bushy plant. It does like the window it sets near. We did have to move it from in from of the air conditioner though. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. It's going back up to 29°C today, but without the humidity so it should be bearable.
    Another day of dragging hoses ... that is getting rather old. Looks like we have a chance of rain on Friday and Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I think it's Thursday because yesterday was Wednesday. We went and had breakfast. The lady I wanted to see wasn't there but I was told she would be their tomorrow. I made her a shopping bag with butterflies on it because she really likes butterflies. So, do I. We came home and I came into the sewing space and I cut out 15 shopping bags. Now, I have to start sewing them.I already had some in my basket to sew. I generally only sew in the mornings because the sun comes in that window and makes it hard to see what I'm sewing. I could shut the blinds but they don't shut out all of the sun. After we had lunch, I came and worked the Magic Jigsaw puzzle on the computer. dooley

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 16°C and clear. It's going to be another hot, dry day. I heard on the radio yesterday that we have only gotten one tenth of our average rainfall this month. I heard last month that we only got 40% of our average rainfall for June. That makes for some very dry ground, and the extreme heat on top doesn't help at all.
    I just want to go back to the summer weather that this Canadian knows and loves!
    Dragging hoses again today.
    TGIF!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We drove to Chicago,Illinois last Sunday and Monday....7 hours one day, 8 hours the next. Were supposed to be there until tomorrow but the business meetings hubby had didn't take as long as expected so we were able to leave yesterday morning and get home a couple of hours ago.
    Boy is Wizard upset with us for being gone so long, our youngest stayed here to keep him company and his food/water supply available and he likes her but he hasn't stopped fussing at us for being gone 6 days.
    I am not completely caught up with the GS mail or the US mail.
    We are certainly looking forward to our own bed tonight!!!

9. Netty

Welcome Home Toni!
    Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. Such a nice change from the blazing hot sun that has been pounding down on us for weeks!
    I'm going to take advantage and get the back beds weeded and deadheaded. I manged to get everything out there watered last night before dark.
    There is a chance of rain today, but I'm not going to count on it. Mother Nature is moody.

10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 19°C and sunny.
    Yesterday was overcast all day, and I managed to get almost the entire veggie garden weeded. Also picked the black currents from one of my bushes, but still have 2 more to pick. I have a LOT of black currents! I also dug out the pond liner that was in a garden by the door and filled in the hole. Today I will try to finish up that garden - weed, deadhead, and move a few things around. Already have a couple of Hosta's to go in there. A girl can't have too many Hosta's!

11. toni

Morning all. My garden did get rain while we were in Chicago, a little over an inch. But hot and dry is in our forecast for the next long while....temps heading up to around 106 this week. I am going to just close the shutters, turn the new AC down until I see snowflakes coming from the AC vents and ignore the outside world for a while....maybe until October or possibly November the way this summer is heading.

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 18°C and cloudy.
    I've got the day off work today to take my daughter to the dentist. Then we are headed to the mall for an 'all day mall day' and then to skating class tonight.
    It's my daughters 15th birthday and so I wanted to take her to do her 2 favourite things ... shopping and skating!

13. toni

Morning all. Heading out to water everything, 1 inch of rain doesn't have a very long lasting affect on rain starved plants....and temps of 105-108 don't help either.
    More sitting inside and knitting for me.

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and clear. Yesterdays predicted rain was a bust ... again. Looks like I'm still dragging hoses.
    At least the temperature has dropped and we are expecting a respectable 24°C today.That should help keep the ground wet.
    Great day at the mall yesterday, but back to reality today.

15. toni

Morning all. Just another HOT day today. 103 today with high humidity, not a cloud in the sky and no rain anywhere to be had.