The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Rain missed us too Jane.
    But there is a wonderfully cool breeze from the north this morning. But then there is the sun to ruin all my fun. Temps under 100 for a week then by next Tuesday they will be back.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. Weatherman told me that we were getting rain overnight and into the afternoon. Woke up and no rain darn it.
    I had already planned my rainy day off! Off to work I go, maybe the rain will start later.
    Have a great day all :)

3. toni

Morning all. We got an a tad over an inch of rain almost a month ago and a month before that we got about an inch not much more than that in the 3 months previous to that. Forestry people are warning homeowners with large trees about the possibility of older trees falling over on houses because of the drought. The drought in 1980 caused the death of millions of trees, some estimated around 300 million trees were lost and so far this summer is just marginally better than that one. We are having a respite from the 100+ temps, only in the upper 90s but the 100s make scattered appearances next week.

On the bright side one weather guy is predicting some actual snow and cold weather for us this coming winter. If it happens I will be standing out in it in shorts and a t-shirt to enjoy it....and I will have Randy take a photo of me out there.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Netty likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Friday morning all! Oh Friday, my favorite day of the work week!
    Currently 20°C and clear.
    It's going to be a day of dragging hoses, which may be difficult as half of our water system is down. It should be an interesting day.
    I can not wait to sleep in tomorrow!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 20°C and cloudy. It's going to be a humid one today!
    I managed to sleep in until just after 6am, which is good considering I usually get up at 4am!
    Today I have lots to do around the yard ... deadheading and weeding, and probably some watering too.
    Lots of house work too, so I'd better get to it!

6. toni

Afternoon all. The funnest thing about clearing out clutter and 'collections' is that you can pass the stuff on to someone else who will enjoy it and use it...........like a grandson and his sweetie who just moved into a house and have room now. I had texted them last week letting his sweetie know that I was cleaning out some of my craft stuff and 'TAG she was it' to become the new owner. I have been going through magazines and books too and even have a piece of furniture for them, I did sent a photo of it to grandson and he wrote back YES they want it so I am not forcing it on them,thank goodness.

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear.
    It's a holiday for most, but not for me. My employer doesn't recognize this holiday and so off to work I go! The rest of my family will be home today, but I'm not bitter :smt087
    Chance of rain today, but you can be sure it won't rain until I am done watering everything.

8. toni

Afternoon all, got a new keyboard and so far it does not know how to type....I will get it beaten into submission soon.
    Watering front and back and feeding the birds and squirrels is it for my gardening for several more weeks. Supposed to be scattered storms by Wednesday but those scatters are usually few and far between with none of them scattering them selves on my gardens.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had some rain last night but things are dry already. Rain is in the forecast for Friday and the weekend, too. dooley

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear.
    Yesterday was another scorcher, and looks like the same for today. Looks like I'll be dragging the hoses back out again too.
    Mother Nature sure has been moody!

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. Yesterday surprised me ... got to work at 6am expecting to be dragging hoses and at 6:12am it started to rain. It rained until after lunch! What a great surprise! I didn't end up gardening at work, but instead helped paint a few rooms! Today it's back to regular gardening.

12. toni

Morning all. I would love to open the front door and be hit in the face with 65 deg (18c) temps. This morning isn't too bad only 77f (25c) but this afternoon will be back close to 100 again. And I don't know who is getting the rain that was in our forecast but it certainly is not my garden. Still bone dry and sunny.

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all and TGIF!
    We had another thunderstorm last night, and everything is well watered. That should make for an easier Friday at work.
    It sure is dark in the morning now, and my dog walks are in complete darkness. The neighbors barn light has burned out, and that strong light used to cast a lot of light into my yard.
    Just me, my dog and my trusty flashlight! That sure wakes a person up!

14. toni

Morning all. We got rain last night....just under an inch but that was the first rain since July 13th and my gardens are sooooooo happy, to say nothing about how happy the gardener is!!!! The rain in the area so far had been just that "in the area" but last night we heard a very loud buzzzzzzz, then a loud roll of thunder and the rain began. I didn't go out in it since there was a lot of thunder accompanying the rain but it was glorious. The 100+ plus temps may be a thing of the past, just mid 90s for a couple of weeks and maybe even more rain over the next few days.

15. Netty

Thats great Toni!
    Good Saturday morning all. Currently 16°C and sunny.
    I'm off to the soccer pitch today. There is a tournament and I will be flipping burgers all day!
    I took a little walk through by flower gardens this morning and I am flabbergasted by the amount of weeds that have popped up since the rains! I'll try to get out there later.