The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone, woke to a nice sunny day here a bit chilly.

Everyone have a lovely weekend :)

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. No rain yet, but weatherman says its coming.
    I am elbow deep in tomatoes this morning, cooking down all the garden tomatoes for sauce. It sure is a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the middle of winter when I am eating my own garden tomato sauce. I did some salsa last week, and will do some more next weekend. Garden season is starting to wind down now, and my daughter starts school on Tuesday.
    Summer has flown by! I'm like Toni this year ... looking forward to autumn and cooler temperatures.
    Have a great day all :)

Gail-Steman likes this.
  3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Netty I was only saying to my hubby last night how quick this year is flying by and he said they're putting xmas trimmings in the shops already :eek:...the heat as dropped here the last couple of days and fur slippers and cardigan on already.

4. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast.
    Got my tomato sauce done and canned yesterday, and today I discovered that 2 jars didn't seal. I'm going to have to make something with them in the next day or 2 ... I'm thinking about cabbage roll casserole, but don't want the oven on if its going to be hot. I'll figure it out.
    Cleaning and laundry today, what an exciting life I have :setc_070:

Gail-Steman likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm feeling the cold here now with cooler temps 54F and all it's been is heavy rain.

Enjoy your sunday everyone :)

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, put your sauce in plastic containers and freeze it. I can tomatoes, but my marinara sauce goes from the pot to the freezer--less cooking equals fresher taste! Works for pumpkin puree for pies and breads, too, with real pumpkin taste.
    Watered apple trees and looked at the squash to see if it needed watering.
    We picked our Fuji apples earlier this week, and we'll be picking the Pink Lady apples soon (7-10 days?). Husband is so proud of our little orchard, and I'm so proud of him keeping every tree watered and happy!

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. A heat warning is already in place for today and tomorrow, with humidex values reaching into the 40 degree mark. There is also a chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms.
    Off to work, not sure what is in store for me today. Only a walk around will tell me.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Wet start here but the suns coming out, what ever your up to have a nice bank holiday Monday :)

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well I nearly died of shock rain stopped and the sun came out and after 3 days it made some nice mess again, went and swept the garden got up old leaves and filled the two bird baths up and that's me done for the day besides cleaning this morning :rolleyes:

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Afternoon all. Temp is 95 but feels like 102....but this only the second half of August so it's living up to it's promise of more heat.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We're under a severe thunderstorm watch until 4 am. We already had rain several times today. Once it was really big drops and we were outside heading for the car from a store. We got pretty wet but it was warm so we dried off pretty quick. Rain and storms are in the forecast through Wednesday. Then, Thursday and Friday will be partly cloudy and rain again on Saturday. So far today we had 2.4 inches according to the weatherman on the tv.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  12. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

:smt039 Good morning my friends,

We've got a nice sunny day here temp at the moment 53F tops 68F and probability of rain 8%.

Thank goodness but the rains helped the plant :setc_089:

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 20°C and clear.
    It was a very long night, with the emergency broadcast system going off several times last night with tornado warnings. We didn't get anything here, but a tornado apparently touched down about an hour from here, and there were severed thunderstorms scattered about all around us. I am more than just a little tired today!
    My daughter starts school today, the start of another school year, and she is waiting patiently until the arena in our town opens so she can skate 3 days a week again.
    I still cant believe that summer is over!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Netty I totally agree and can't believe how quick this year as flew buy:eek:...good luck with the weather your end :fingerscrossed:

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Severe thunderstorm warnings in effect until at least 9 pm, cst. It's dark and getting darker. We had thunderstorms all last night with approx. 3 inches of rain. There were puddles everywhere today. No flooding in our immediate area but some in the counties around Oshkosh. dooley

Gail-Steman likes this.