The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Sept 1st, the temps are dropping from 100 yesterday to only about 95 today and even less hot the next week or so....early morning temps should be in the mid-70s which we have not seen since last March. I just might be able to spend a little time in the gardens if I get up around 5 a.m. We have rain forecast for mid next week too but when the description is "Scattered Thunderstorms" I really do not hold out much hope for being under one of those scattered storms, this is a big area.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well it reached 72F today and really hot and humid way to much :crying: but I managed to sort the front garden plants out and after that struggled with pure backache :mad:

3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Morning Everyone :)

Well it's a relaxing day for me both gardens are sorted out from yesterday :setc_083:

Temp this morning at 60F and tops 70F...I just hope there's no humidity :fingerscrossed:

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 22°C feeling like 31°C and its not even 9am. This humidity has been horrible!
    Weatherman had called for rain last night and today, and we didn't get a drop. Forecast has changed this morning and it looks like NO rain until at least Tuesday.
    Today I need to dig up my potatoes, pick yet more tomatoes and do some weeding. At some point I will need to find a salsa recipe for all these tomatoes.
    Have a great day all :)

Gail-Steman likes this.

Advertisement
  5. toni

Afternoon all. Already 91 but feels like 99. Nothing close to us on the radar but further west is getting some spotty showers.
    We are finally getting to turn our daughters old bedroom into a guest room that still contains other items...treadmill, daughter's huge desk, etc. We were given an old blue metal hospital twin bed. Have sheets and a mattress, curtains and a rug to order. Wizard is a not happy about changes to HIS home so we are hearing a lot of questionzs from him about "is all of this change really necessary?????" but I think once the bed is complete he will enjoy having another place for his long afternoon naps.

Gail-Steman and Catdaddy6676 like this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Morning everyone,
    Well i'm up early and totally shocked but will be feeling it later today I suppose.
    I noticed yesterday some of my plants are now changing in colour and some getting to ready to flower for the autumn, I can't believe how quick this year as fled and also having a summer where heatt waves was to extreme with humidity.
    I'll be having a nice steady day today being that everything else is caught up on and what ever you have planned enjoy your day :)

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 22°C and clear. It's gonna be another hot one!
    Off to work for another day of dragging hoses - it's going be be one of those weeks. Tomorrows temperatures will be in the 30's again, and feeling like 42°C with the humidity.
    It sure has been a tough summer for those of us that work outside!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Afternoon everyone,
    We had rain yesterday and today it's been very dull...58F and cloudy but that rain as brought down some right mess again and to top it purple pigeon crap down the front porch :mad:

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning lovelies :)

We've got a nice sunny day here and at the moment temp is 53F tops 65F

Cleaning to do in the home first, then I shall head out side sweep the garden as rain brought more mess with it, do bird baths and cut some dead heads off my back rose tree, oh I do love that the scent in the back garden is lovely and sweet in the air....refreshing.

Enjoy your day whatever your doing :like:

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 23°C with a humidex of 29°C and its only 4:50am!
    Another day of dragging hose, weeding and trimming spiraeas.
    Chance of afternoon thunderstorms ... hopefully they come and bring some much needed rain.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone :setf_024:

Chilly start to the morning and cloudy temp is 54F tops 59F...seems like autumn is up on we, as some of my plants are adjusting already.

Have a lovely day:)

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 21°C and overcast.
    I slept like a baby despite the heat, and woke sometime in the middle of the night to the sound of rain. Stumbled around closing windows, but fell back to sleep until the alarm woke me.
    I'm not sure how much rain we got, but any rain is good!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning @Netty :)...it's getting cold here at night :crying:

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Posting late in our day, but we have RAIN! We heard thunder about 5 p.m., but thought it was too far to the east of us to mean anything. However, we've had almost an inch of rain in two hours. Our flowers and vegetables will appreciate this so much--watering by hand keeps them alive, but a good rain makes them thrive.

15. toni

We had rain too. But less than 1/2 inch...I wondered who had been getting it all.