The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF!
    Another busy, hot week is almost over. Currently 14°C and actually feeling like 14°C, so the humidity is finally gone.
    I'll still have to water today, but the cooler temperatures will make it bearable to be working outside today.
    Have a great day all :)

2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone and have a nice weekend :)

I've woken up late this morning so need to shift myself, cleaning needs to be done...suns out here, birds are going made and the temp is 58F tops 61F.

3. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently just 8°C and cloudy. It feels cold after all the heat we have had, but I'm not complaining!
    Lots of housework to do today, and lots of grass to cut. Cool temperatures should make it easy!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Netty have a nice day yourself :)

It's been raining bad it's cold and damp and i'm about to put the rads on :rofl:

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have had rain for about 4 days, just under 1.5 inches, nothing heavy in my part of the city but parts of Dallas have had flash flooding. It's still dripping this morning and muggy!!!
    With scattered family and schedules we have not been able to have separate birthday celebrations so we started having a combined birthday party once year. All but one of us has a birthday during the Spring and Summer, the oldest grandson is a December baby, so he gets his birthday gifts early. Today we are going to the oldest daughters house for lunch, presents and then go to the last local theater production that our youngest grandson will be performing in....it's a group for school age kids and he graduated last May so he is aging out.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@toni have a nice day with the family :)...rains been terrible here also, it's so depressing :(

7. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

We have had weather here in the 80 degrees and high humidity.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 6°C and cloudy. There is a breeze from the north east and it feels downright cold.
    I have on pants, a sweatshirt, fuzzy socks and my slippers. My hands are freezing. What a difference from Wednesday when it was 42°C with the humidex!!
    Since its so cold, I might do some baking and maybe some canning. It might help warm the house a little!

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Join the club Netty :smt005...I've got fur slippers on and socks besides cardigan and yesterday the rads went on and it was delightful feeling some heat instead of damp weather :)

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Afternoon all, more rain yesterday and almost all night but only another .75 in the rain gauge. But that is keeping me happy since the options in this area are that or flash flooding with 3-5 inches in 2-3 hours as some parts of our area have gotten.
    And it is really cool outside today, 76deg with the only humidity being moisture in the ground evaporating, but there is a lovely breeze from the NNW so today is really good.
    And I just might be able to get out in the yard in the morning to start on some much needed cleaning out of beds, first time in the gardens since about mid-April.....I am going to be soooo worn out by tomorrow night but will be feeling happy.

11. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

We have some rain here. I wore Madras plaid slacks to church. I still want the bright colors of Summer!

12. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well it's a dull day here temp 54F tops 64F probability of rain 25%...winter is now up on we :(...nights are pulling in quick.

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and light rain is falling. Weatherman says it will rain most of the day, and I welcome an early work day.
    Lots to do with the skating season sneaking up on us!

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Woke up to 70 degrees, light breeze, and overcast--hallelujah! The weather got me motivated so I took care of the chickens, picked over the garden, weeded the zinnia bed, did a load of laundry, and have applesauce simmering on the stove. I feel a "slow down" coming on, so other than doing a bit of cooking and cat petting, I may be done for the day.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  15. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well today after doing things in the home...went and swept the back garden, got leaves up that's coming down already and noticed my virginia creeper changing colour already and two of my Cordylines was cut in half before winter comes and they both have new shooting growth...that's it for the day as i'll be reading after.