The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone, woke to another sunny day but colder this morning as temps are supposed to be dipping again from today. Temp at the moment 47F tops 58F.
    I'll be heading out doors later to sweep the yard but to hear the birds chirping away from the kitchen is music to your ears.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. Beautiful full moon out there is so bright!
    One more day to get through and it will be the weekend YAY
    Lots to do, and I'm already late!
    Have a great day all :)

3. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

TGIF!! It's a great looking day after two nights of strong thunderstorms.

Once work is done I hope to bottle my latest batch of beer (I am a homebrewer) and plan the weekend's meals. I have a lot of fresh produce that needs to be used lest it be lost. Also will try my hand at homemade kimchi and sauerkraut. Just 'cause...

Good day everyone!

Gail-Steman and Henry Johnson like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hey, my husband brews up beer occasionally, Catdaddy. He buys ingredients from a firm in Austin and sets up on the bar area in the den. All those big buckets of whatever do clutter up a kitchen if allowed! When we bottle my pantry is full of beer and I have to find another spot for the huge bags of cat food.
    We had a brief shower this morning, so I don't need to worry about watering the lettuce seed bed. The humidity is so high that we have "air you can wear" to quote DirtMechanic. I fear we will have to turn on the air conditioning just to dry out the house. Sticky, sticky, sticky . . . .

Advertisement
  5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Catdaddy6676 and @marlingardener there's nothing better besides stronger than home brew...I used to love the stuff years back when my dad brewed his own :like:

Catdaddy6676 likes this.
  6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 5°C and overcast. It's really starting to look and feel like fall out there!
    Busy day yesterday with my daughter and training for the new skating season starting this week. I got most of the housework and laundry done yesterday, so today is wood stacking day. We have a big stack of logs that need splitting and stacking. I also need to fill up the kindling shed. All these fun fall jobs need to be done!

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's not so good here in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Enough rain to need the wipers but not enough to need a rain coat. I did wear a jacket with a flannel lining. It was only 46 degrees outside. There is scattered hours or thunderstorms in the forecast all week. Maybe some more sewing but I need to make chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. dooley

Frank likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning Dooley and all! We have sunshine, temps in the 80's, and cats on the porch. I'm not gardening today. We picked our Winesap apples yesterday and I'm making a toasted almond (our almonds!) and apple salad with a raspberry vinagrette. Husband watched the Ryder match on TV this morning while I semi-cleaned the kitchen.
    Dooley, we too have scattered rain forecast for the first few days of the week. Any moisture is welcome, but I want to prep the rest of the raised beds with compost, and wet compost is heavy!

Frank likes this.
  9. dooley

I misspelled showers. I called them hours instead. Must have been still sleeping. dooley

Frank and Gail-Steman like this.
  10. dooley

I didn't get my cookies made today. Guess I'll have to try another day. Still raining and yucky outside. dooley

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

It's been busy here getting leaves up yet a gain..cars being hoovered and washed and yesterday spent half the day in the front garden sorting plants and today my ponytail grass was chopped as it was throwing seeds off.

12. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone,
    chilly start this morning but the suns out, Temp is 42F tops 55F, relaxing day for me this end, except for leaf removing later.

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 10°C and raining.
    I have been waiting for a rainy day all year (so I could go back to bed and have a day off) and today I HAVE to go pick up our Mums that have been on order. So I'm hoping that its still raining after I pick them up so I can come home early. I have lots to do today for opening night at the skating club!
    We do need rain badly, the ground is like dust.

14. dooley

Cloudy and rainy here all day. We went and got flu shots and dr got an pneumonia shot, too. Stopped and did some shopping and picked up what I needed to do those chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I'll get them done tomorrow. dooley

Gail-Steman likes this.
  15. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I'm due mine mate this month...it carries the side affect of a cold, it passes to my hubby and I get it back and end up with a full cold.