The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's been in the low 40's here all day with lots of clouds. Rain is in the forecast but it hasn't showed up yet. We were out and about and I wore a fleece lined jacket but not my winter coat. I've put my short sleeve shirts away and filled my dresser with long sleeve shirts. dooley

Frank and Gail-Steman like this.
  2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi Dooley, it's been cold here today and everyone is wearing winter clothes, nights will be coming in a light quicker as clocks will go back at 2am :(...that's it winter is up on we.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. I woke up to a nice carpet of snow on the ground this morning!
    Took the dog for a long walk in the snow and he was wired! At least he got to burn off some energy.
    Looks like inside chores today.
    Have a great day all :)

4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and clear.
    Snow has all melted and we are expecting a good day today with a high of 10°C expected.
    Today I'm finishing off a friends garden, and getting the snow tires put on my car.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Temps climbing into the 80s again for a couple of days, a thunderstorm moves through on Wednesday then Autumn temps will return after that. Many years ago we had a new 'non-leaky' roof put on in early Spring ....the rains stopped until October that year. This past Friday we had additional insulation blown into the attic....wanna bet on what the coming winter will be like? Oh, well, it will at least keep the electricity bills down if not the gas bill.

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 6°C and pouring rain.
    A busy day yesterday finishing up a clients gardens, getting my snow tires installed and then skating with my daughter.
    With today's pouring rain , it looks like an inside chores kind of day.
    Toni - I just bought 4 new snow tires so you can guarantee it will be a snowless winter here!

7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Afternoon everyone,
    Sunny day here but quite cold and we've been having frost of a morning..temp today 47F

Leaves need moving again but at the moment we're having new eaves and guttering put on and hopefully we're back to normal tomorrow.

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast. Weatherman says we are getting rain again later today.
    Off to de-decorate at work so the girls can start putting up Christmas next week! I'll be giving the pumpkins and gourds to the wildlife that likes to hang out at the compost heap, but the squash goes to the kitchen (and maybe a few to my kitchen too!) for some culinary delights.
    After that some grocery shopping and picking up my sons snow tires.

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I bet that's entertaining Netty getting ready for Christmas..i stopped putting a tree up last year, sent two Christmas trees besides decorations to the charity shop by we but I always put a decorative wreath on the front door.

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining. It must have rained all night as there are huge puddles and the sump pump has started.
    I'm glad all the trees are getting a good watering before winter sets in.
    Indoor chores today.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Too chilly and too dewy this Friday morning to do much outside except feed the hens, clean the coop, and unload the feed I got yesterday.
    Instead, I spent a happy morning in the kitchen. I made a batch of cranberry chutney, carved up the rest of the ham we had for dinner last night, made some ham salad from the small carvings, and sharpened my knives (holidays coming which require a lot of cutting and chopping!).

Gail-Steman and Catdaddy6676 like this.
  12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cold here this morning. Only 30 degrees when we went outside. Will warm up to about 40 degrees this afternoon. Need to go out in awhile. I have a long sleeve t-shirt, a sweatshirt and will wear a winter jacket, too. It's November now so there won't be too many warm days now until spring. Now that I wrote that maybe it will warm up some tomorrow. It is coming up on baking season and that will help warm things up inside and have a nice aroma, too. dooley

Gail-Steman and marlingardener like this.
  13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I hope you didn't get aggressive mate while doing it :rofl:

14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good morning everyone and have a nice weekend.

It's windy here but supposed to carm down and temp so far 45F tops 54F sunny and cloudy.

I hope to do some cleaning, then get out on the front garden and get more leaves up...winter fall keeps you on :mad:

Laly likes this.
  15. Laly

Laly New Seed

Like here! :) We already saw snow last week, but now it’s getting warmer. This is a comfortable temperature for flowering Christmas cacti. :)

Gail-Steman likes this.