The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

laly we have the snow to come yet but i'm shocked how some of my plants are still flowering through frosty nights, even my red hot pokers are still flowering :rofl:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 1°C and overcast. The clocks have been turned back one hour and so it isn't dark when I walk the dog now!
    Today I want to start a clean out in my bedroom closet and dresser. I have piles of clothing that I don't wear anymore and so it's time for a purge.
    Have a great day all :)

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We turned the clock back 1 hour, too. But, with that came the rain. It's raining pretty steady and everything is soaking wet already. Rain is supposed to continue and the temperatures are going downhill now. Fall has definitely taken over and is heading us directly toward winter. They are having snow in the northern parts of the state today. dooley

4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 8°C and overcast. It rained overnight, but it has ended and weatherman says it will be warm today and then very windy for the next few days.
    My daughter is home from school this week for reading week and so she may have plans for us today.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have fog this Monday morning. I felt my way out to the coop to feed the hens and let them into the outside coop, then managed to find my way back to the house. This was not predicted and, as of noon, the fog hasn't lifted.
    My plans changed for the day--only outside work was picking bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and lettuce.
    Seems like this is going to be another day in the kitchen, making cranberry chutney and some smoked chicken broth. Thank heavens there is always something to do here on the little farm!

6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Woke to rain this morning and it's been heavy since with the temp at 55F depressing weather besides it being cold.
    A nice relaxing day for me :)

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 8°C and overcast. More rain in the forecast today.
    Another day procrastinating my cleaning. I just can't seem to get started with my daughter home this week.
    Skating tonight. Have a great day all

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gooooood morning all. Chilly, damp, very overcast and windy this morning....almost a perfect day as far as I am concerned....could be perfect if it was really cold and snowing though!!! And we have some overnight temps in the 30-40 degree range coming later in the week!!!
    I have a stack of movies picked out to watch or at least listen too since I know them all by heart, while I get some scarves finished for the Red Scarf for Foster Kids program and get them in the mail before next month and a couple of scarves for the Knit You Bit for Veterans program through the WWII museum in New Orleans to finish and get in the mail. Good weather coming to get them all done.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and clear. Wind has finally died back and our local weatherman says we will finally have a "good hair day"!
    Up bright and early to get some errands done and then my daughter has some ice time in another town with her coach.
    May be some shopping involved after that.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  10. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Another cold day here temp 53F cloudy and now rain :(...I just hope the weekend is dry.
    Done cleaning in side ready to step out tomorrow and remove all those leaves from the front garden :crying:

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast.
    Last day of my daughters week off. Today, she wants to go skate. Again.
    I guess it could be worse ... she could have me driving to all the malls and spending money. I'm good with skating lol

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Winter is officially here. Woke up, looked out the window. Snow everywhere and it was still snowing. It's 33 degrees but the sky has cleared up and it's supposed to be only scattered snow off and on today. We only had about an inch but to the North by Green Bay they had three inches. More snow expected tomorrow for the Half Marathon down in Milwaukee. You all have a nice day and go build a snowman. dooley

13. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -1°C with howling winds feeling more like -7°C.
    Up bright and early for skating again. At least today I get to skate as Saturday is the adult class.
    Home later to do some clean up.

14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hello Everyone,
    Woke at 7am this morning very dull and come 9am the sun came out...did some jobs in the home then hit outside and got half the streets leaves off our garden :eek:...I could do with a new back...it's now throwing it down and threatened thunder this afternoon :mad:

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. We had snow yesterday, but today looks better. And finally the winds are gone.
    I'm home alone (finally!) and I can get some work done. I loved having my daughter home last week, but I didn't get much done around the house.
    Today I start fall cleaning!