The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We had an inch and a half of rain overnight. This morning is overcast, windy and cold in the low 40's. The cats are not pleased, nor am I. The kitchen is warm from baking the cranberry/orange/nut breads, and the stove going with cranberry chutney. If this weather keeps up, I may run out of ingredients!

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

At least you have had internet connection the last 3 days. :( A contractor working for our provider was evidently 'playing' around our alley last week and unplugged our connection!!! And since it happened sometime Friday they couldn't get anyone out here until today....GardenStew withdrawals are not a pleasant experience. Without internet connection only the regular TV broadcast channels were available and for the most part those programs suck.
    We watched DVDS of Cosmos with Carl Sagan and Connections with James Burke. Had seen them both in their original broadcasts many years ago but it was very interesting seeing them many year later...38 yrs for Cosmos and 40 years for Connections.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Frank likes this.
  3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cloudy and only 20 degrees this morning. We went out and did some shopping this morning because according to the weather man tomorrow is supposed to be in the 20's but with single diget wind chills. "Frigid" is what he called it. dooley

Frank likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Okay Dooley, I'll stop complaining about our "cold" weather. "Frigid"? Good heavens, that is arctic weather!
    We had rain, overcast skies, and wind today, with the daytime temperatures in the high 40's. Tomorrow is to be the same, so we are bringing the pot herbs into the barn, making sure the hens have scratch as a warmer for their digestive systems, and we've put a puffy bedding in the cat shelter (their fur coats would keep them warm, but we worry about them anyway).
    I'll just hunker down in the kitchen and make pumpkin bread, do some beef stock, and plan for Thanksgiving dinner.

Advertisement
  5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

toni I know how you feel..since early this year ours as been going up the wall..had two men out who was supposed to put it right and we're still getting cut outs and we're sure the router is causing the problem but will they have it no way...then it started interfering with the tele so they put blocks on the cable and by the router to make the signal right and we still have it, so we have to unplug the router and keep setting it back up...what a performance but they're quick enough of having your money.

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

gail, we sometimes have to also turn off all computers unplug everything from the jacks and restart the whole works. Sometimes it is the microsoft outlet on the business computer here. one time we had no internet for three days because the phone company flipped the switch at the office... huh? no explanations or apologies... but it finally worked better after that happened, too.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi @carolyn when it looks the wifi my kindle loose it and I always have to set them back up with my main one the kindle hd7 and it keeps saying the IP address is unrecognizable ….hubbies mentioned this and they still won't have it, we've even lost our dialling tone of the house phone with it but like you've had to do, we keep unplugging and resetting it...it does get annoying though when your on your laptop and it goes :mad:

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. We had a good dumping of snow last night and everything is white.
    Haven't been able to start my fall cleaning yet, as other things popped up. Hopefully I can get going on it today.
    Have a great day all :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Our first hard freeze (27 degrees) occurred overnight. That's early for us since it usually happens after Thanksgiving. Luckily my husband and I picked every tomato and pepper in the patch yesterday. I now have a table full of green tomatoes ripening in the laundry room.

Gail-Steman and Netty like this.
  10. Netty

Hmmm ... 27°F is about -3°C Marlingardener. It was only a few degrees colder here in southern Ontario this morning!!

11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Afternoon all,
    Another sunny day here but still cold in the air temp 54F.

Woke early when I needed the rest to a wasted journey to the hospital :mad:

12. Netty

I hope it was nothing serious! I think a 'wasted journey' is probably a GOOD thing?
    Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and snowing. It has been snowing all night, and the snow is really starting to pile up out there. My daughter is off today and so I have set up an eye appointment for her. After that we'll be heading to the rink. Hopefully we don't get snowed out!

13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi Netty thanks for asking I have MCTD and lung disease all been diagnosed but when testing my lungs I can't do the full tests as my lung capacity can't do it and I go dehydrated badly...saw a new rheumo last week sent me up the hospital the same happened again...I get riled about it because the tests I've had have proved the lot and it's like the rhuemo needed to prove it to himself but thankfully got another call this morning finally my legs are being tested as my toes and legs are going black.

Have a nice day and I hope the snow doesn't get to thick to ruin your day :fingerscrossed: :)

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

There was just a dusting of snow this morning and it left pretty fast. It's cold, only in 30's today. It's going to start going downhill one of these days. We went to breakfast and sat and talked to friends. Didn't do too much else today. dooley

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. It's been quite a while since we've seen sunshine.
    We are headed out to watch my grandsons swimming lesson today, and then over for a short visit.
    I finally got my garden carrots canned yesterday, next week I need to do some baked beans.