The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently-3°C and overcast with NW winds.
    I slept in today! I woke to the sound of the door closing as my daughter left for school. The dog was most upset that she left without him (we usually head out for our walk at the same time) and made such a ruckus that I had to get up too. So off we went, me only half awake, on our morning walk. Now I'm back home having a cuppa tea planning the rest of my day, and the dog is napping by the fire.
    Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Not as cool as yesterday and heading into the 70s for the rest of this week so I will be out cleaning up in the back garden and some in the front.

3. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C with NW winds and snow. Could be snow squalls all day.
    Waiting for my packages to arrive so I'll be working around the house. I will have to go out and bring in some firewood at some point too. I hope this snow stops!
    Toni, in the 70's and gardening sounds good to me!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. Wind is finally gone, and so is the snow. For now.
    I'm off shortly to babysit my sweet little grandbaby for the afternoon! I'm rather excited to spend some time with him!
    I'll need to get a few things done around the house this morning before I go. It should be a fun day.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Netty take every opportunity you get to play with the grandson!! Mine are 19 and 23 and lots of good gramma memories of keeping them as much as possible....but the time flies so quickly.

Another day in the 70s here, winter was last month and spring this month...almost afraid of December...some weather prognosticators are predicting a really cold and wet winter and some are saying warm and dry....I have had enough of the latter, I want the WINTER.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We have winter. It is cold here and we had snow last night. Not a lot of snow, maybe half an inch here but enough for parking lots and side streets to have some snow. The main streets are wet and clear of snow. It will rain tomorrow so that will take care of most of the snow. It is cloudy, no sun anywhere to be seen. dooley

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast.
    I had a great day with my Grandson yesterday, but by bedtime he was getting grumpy and looking for his Mommy. Luckily she came home and made him very happy before I had to leave. Today I am off to do my errands and shopping and then hopefully home to get some firewood put away. Temperatures are getting milder but rain again this weekend and maybe even a thunderstorm! This weather sure is a roller coaster!

8. dooley

No more snow but cold so icy spots some areas. Clouds today with low 30's, rain tomorrow and snow again on Sunday. That's the weather report. It's December tomorrow so winter has definitely arrived. dooley

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Finally got the tomato and pepper patch cleaned out! It seems that every time I go out to work on it, someone shows up to "chat". Third time was a charm, and it's cleared and ready for a spread of compost. I picked more lettuce with Buddy the cat's help, and cheered my husband on as he mowed the back yard. We have had a hard freeze, but it didn't deter the weeds nor the grass.
    Dooley, I was in the local hardware store to pick up some heavy duty cookie sheets I'd ordered, and the clerks there inquired about more chocolate chip cookies (from your recipe). They were a hit, since those nice people don't drop hints often!

10. dooley

I was just thinking I may make chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. There are two places here in Oshkosh where we go to eat often and I sometimes make cookies and take them for a treat. I thought before I get busy sewing Christmas stuff I may make them some cookies. They do like the chocolate chip ones. dooley

marlingardener likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 5°C and pouring rain. I just came back from my dog walk and I'm warming up with a cup of tea.
    I was busy yesterday ... after our skating classes I came home and moved the entire wood pile by myself (2 cords of wood!). I filled the woodshed, and the lean to beside it and even brought a few wheelbarrow loads inside. I was a little sore last night but I'm feeling good today, and very happy that job is finally done!
    Today, I'm going to wrap a few gifts and maybe put up a few Christmas decorations and try to get into the festive mood.

12. dooley

We got snow last night and it's supposed to be off and on today. I hope it's more off than on. I'm staying inside and sewing shopping bags. I have a lot of Christmas material to make bags for children. dooley

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°c and starting to hail/snow. Yesterday the temperatures went all the way up to 10°C and the sun came out ... it was wonderful, even if short lived.
    November was a sunless month, and so I am feeling a vitamin D deficiency. I have supplements, but I would so prefer to be out in the sunshine. Weatherman says I should see some sun this week. Today, I am patiently awaiting the delivery of our skating club fundraiser shirts, to be pressed and sorted for delivery to our skaters parents. We promised them delivery before Christmas so I will be really relieved when they are delivered.

14. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

Gonna get pretty cold tonight, about 30° F... My overwintered pepper plants are doing great! Doing a thorough cleaning for the holidays and it needs doing!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    I've been busy with the shirts that finally arrived, and they will be done and ready for the kids for this Saturdays session.
    Today, I'm heading out for some errands and shopping and maybe even a little Christmas shopping.

Gail-Steman likes this.