The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Cool, overcast and sometimes a drizzle of spit coming from the clouds.....at least I hope it's coming from clouds.
    Lazy day here,I am going through my garden decorations idea folder and planning for next year. Randy is making us a late breakfast/early breakfast for lunch.

Logan likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. It was very dark this morning when the school bus came and my dog walk happened. I'm happy to think that by the end of the week the days will start getting longer again!
    So for the first time ever, I finished my Christmas shopping a week before Christmas! All I have to worry about now is the ingredients for my Christmas dinner and maybe some baking.
    Its a good feeling :)

Logan and carolyn like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good evening, been busy making mince pies for Christmas, walking the dogs/boys. We had a frost this morning, but not so cold and cloudy now. Posted some Christmas cards to the neaghbours, still got to do 7 more. I did it when i was walking berry, he enjoyed going into everyone's driveway and having a sniff around.
    I've put all the mince pies away, finished the walks, had dinner now sitting down and maybe watch tv.
    Have a good evening all.

4. toni

Good afternoon all. I have been going through my gardening books, junque books and garden decor books to get a head start on next years garden. Last year my gardening days were very limited since Summer kicked in with a vengeance in early April and didn't let up until October. We have some decent temps coming up next week along with rain so my plans are to be out in the garden every day the temp is above 60 and there is no rain.

Netty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was in the 30's today but is supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow and then some more 30's and maybe 40's for Christmas. They said NO white Christmas this year. dooley

Logan likes this.
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, mild and wet today
    temp 9 down to 8c.
    Don't know about white Christmas yet, who knows it might all change buy the time the day comes.:)

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast.
    Big spaghetti supper and skate with Santa at our skating club last night which was a great success.
    Today, I will be finishing my Christmas crafts and wrapping them for delivery on Thursday. A few other things to do and the rest of the day I'll be cleaning the dining room.
    Have a great day all :)

Logan likes this.
  8. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

We are finally seeing the sun shine yesterday and today! We had about 7 days of rain in the last 10. Hope everyone is getting good weather.

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and clear. A beautiful sunrise this morning means that we should actually see some sunshine today! We have seen very little sunshine for the past month and my vitamin D levels are suffering. I'll be sure to get outside today! Also woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose so I'll be fighting off a cold for Christmas - how wonderful. Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Netty, start on doses of Vit C, Echinacea, Sambucus (Elderberry syrup) and Mucinex ....build your immune system back up and clear out the cold or whatever very quickly.
    We are having a lot of pollen this fall and are living on Mucinex....pretty much year round lately with the lack of rain and cold weather.

Good morning all. Cloudy here today with a chance of rain later, not as wonderfully cool as a few days last week.
    Still working on garden plans, a lot of re-doing to be done next Spring. I have a seed/plant list a mile long....so far...will have to pare that down to realistic numbers soon. One of the places we are going over the coming holiday weekend is https://www.wildseedfarms.com/ not much in bloom right now but they grow for seeds and always have those at this time of the year..... and their own winery ;)

Logan likes this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, not much to do today. Got the sausage casserole in for later. Wash my hair this afternoon. Hubby did the full shopping before the weekend and just get a few things on Saturday. Because it gets busy with Christmas coming up, that's what he likes to do and go early.

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C and clear. We had the most beautiful sunrise again today, so another great day is on the way!
    I'm off to do my errands and shopping this morning, and then tonight my daughter has a dance test. It's going to be a long day!
    Have a great day all :)

Logan likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Monday morning all! Currently -3°C and light snow is falling.
    It's Christmas Eve! This day has always been the real Christmas to me, and my entire family will all be getting together today for gift exchange and a fabulous meal. Tomorrow is just a bonus, because I'm making another feast for my immediate family - kids and grandson- and we'll do it all again :)
    Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Gail-Steman, Catdaddy6676 and Logan like this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Like Netty, I love Christmas Eve!
    From our little farm to the whole wide world, I wish you all peace, contentment, and wonder filled holidays.
    2013 Christmas house.jpg

Frank, Gail-Steman and Logan like this.
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

For us it's christmas day that's the best one.:)
    Merry Christmas everyone.:setf_056:

Gail-Steman likes this.