The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good chilly morning and a good day for eating chili. The temp at 6 a.m.. this morning was around 70f, now at almost noon it is 34f and falling. Should be in the mid-20s overnight. There was almost a half inch of rain in the gauge this morning, which is the most my yard has had since January 3 and that time it was about 3/4ths of an inch. It has been very dry here so far this year.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

[​IMG]everyone,

Well it's cold and very windy here this morning at 8c...i'm in doors today and doing some odd jobs, so what ever your doing have a lovely day and for most of you it's the end of the week :sete_056:

[​IMG]

3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

[​IMG]everyone,
    Well I've woke to heavy rain and the temp at 3c and very cold again...what ever your up to have a nice day :)

[​IMG]

Catdaddy6676 and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, it's another dreary day here with rain and wind. However, we are not dismayed, as we will continue watching the World Championships in speed skating. Today is the last day.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast.
    I was up bright and early, and I already have the dog walked. In a little while we are headed out for another skating competition. This is the last one for this season so I hope its a good one! Have a roast beef with veggies in the slow cooker and so dinner will be ready when we get home.
    Have a great day all :)

6. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

For those who read about our house moving adventure. We have reached the stage where we have signed various papers to do with selling this place. There is still one problem in that the Survey we had done placed a much lower value on the property than what we were intending to pay. Our legal man advised us to ask the vendor is they could move on the price. Waiting to hear from them. If they won't we will still go ahead though. Hopefully they won't take umbrage and withdraw altogether from the sale. All being well we could be moving in about 5 weeks time.

Catdaddy6676 likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. We had some snow overnight.
    Off to an appointment in the big city today, and then a trip to the mall. Home for supper and then off to the rink tonight.
    Never a dull moment around here!

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Still wet and misty this morning. I want to play in the dirt, not mud!
    Last night's weather forecast by a very pretty but vacant lady on TV, "Monday morning visibility will be 1/4 inch". I managed to find my way to the barn, 1/4" by 1/4". Since we can see across two fields, I think visibility is in the quarter mile range, or greater.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sounds like that weather lady studied at the 'Hippy Dippy Weatherman' academy.

Good morning all. Coolish, drippyish, overcastish here this morning. I studied at the 'Ish' academy where their motto is "If you can not be certain of what you are reporting then put "ish" on the end and that will cover every possible translation of what you just said."

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and windy. We had strong winds, snow, and freezing rain yesterday and overnight. Today, the winds are slower, but changing to the North which means colder temperatures. The school busses were cancelled yesterday due to the weather, and are cancelled again today although I'm not sure why.
    I'll be baking and cleaning house today, and hopefully the skating classes aren't cancelled tonight.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have sunshine and no discernible wind, so I'm a happy person! Our temps are in the high 40's, so I'll go out later and plant some lettuce and peas.
    Right now I'm letting beef stew Gaston simmer in the kitchen. It's my husband's favorite, and much better the second day after the flavors have a chance to blend, so I'm making it today to serve for Valentine's Day dinner since he is such a sweetheart.

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. The snow has finally stopped, but not for long. Another storm is in the works for the weekend.
    Hubby got the plow truck stuck last night ... now sure how he's going to get it out. Maybe the neighbor can pull it out with his tractor.
    I'm off to do my regular errands and shopping.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

TGIF, and the wind isn't blowing gale force! I started flats of basil and thyme, and am out to plant more onions later this morning. Our planting season is coming on, and I still have a raised bed to clear and add compost. I love this time of year, and spring, and summer, and fall. There's always something interesting to do, and three cats to supervise and help me.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's to be cold with minus wind chill this morning but the sun is shining and the wind will abate so this afternoon we may go out and ride the bus. dooley

15. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

Nice day here with highs in the 60's... Going to start some seeds to be ready to plant around Easter. Will need to acquire a grow light somewhere, my last ones got gone with the spring cleaning!