The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -12°C and sunny. It's one of those pretty winter mornings that the trees are all covered with frost and the sun is making everything sparkle. I love winter mornings like this! We went to my grandsons 1st birthday party yesterday, he was so cute.
    Today, we'll be doing some work around the house this morning and then off to the rink this afternoon.
    Have a great day all :)

Catdaddy6676 likes this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@Netty so nice to read such a cheerful message this morning!

3. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -10°C and snowing.
    Today is Family Day here, a statutory holiday. With my family spread so far apart, it will be hard to spend the day with everyone, but I will spend it with some and make sure to call the rest. But first, I'm off to the skate sharpener this morning.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, happy day! My husband came home from his marathon Monday shopping trip with five pounds of Yukon Gold seed potatoes, and the Red Salad Bowl seed and the Marjoram seed I couldn't find locally. The basil seed I planted inside in cells on the 15th is peeking through, and the hens have given us four eggs so far. If life gets much better I may not be able to stand it!
    However, it is chilly, windy, and I won't be chitting potatoes today. According to the long range weather report, I won't be chitting until next week, if then. I can be patient, I just don't like to be . . . .

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -14°C and cloudy. The sky was a beautiful shade of red this morning ... makes me wonder what the weather is going to do later. Sure was beautiful!
    The daylight is getting longer, and even though the days are still mighty cold, I am getting spring fever. Seed swap this weekend should help.

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast. Warming up later,changing to freezing rain and then some rain expected. That should knock down some of these snow piles!
    Off to the big city today to see my parents. Hope the weather holds out for my drive home.

7. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

Woke up to a light rain and 38°F... Bracing for a winter storm for the next day or two, but we may be on the southern edge of it so my fingers are crossed!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. We had freezing rain overnight and everything is coated in a nice layer of ice.
    The school busses are cancelled because of this and my daughter is thrilled about it. She had math homework meltdown last night and will use the day to work on math.
    I'm already grumpy, so I might as well learn it too haha
    But first, my regular Thursday errands and shopping.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Jane-----Yukon Gold seed potatos.
    I really liked them the two years that we did them. "Liked 'em A-LOT", my Bride chirps.
    ...Ever the corrective school marm.
    Today we will clean house, as its tipping it down outside.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast.
    I'm not feeling the greatest ... I've picked up a nasty head cold somewhere and was feverish overnight. Forced myself to take an extra long dog walk this morning ... Sargent had tons of energy and I figured I could sweat it out. Drinking lots of water today. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hope you are feeling better soon Netty.

I was going to work a bit in the backyard today, sort of nice temps out but the wind is there too. So I will be knitting and watching 2 NASCAR races today (Truck and Xfinity) and knitting while watching one NASCAR (Monster Energy Cup) race tomorrow.
    We do have a couple of 60+ temp days in store this week so I will get out then.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I wish you better health, Netty. Colds are so annoying, and so debilitating!
    We have 60 degrees now at early afternoon, so I am going out to chit some potatoes which will be planted tomorrow, Mother Nature willing.
    This morning I made 16 French rolls, vacuumed (the baking was more fun) and tried to convince the three cats they didn't need to come inside.

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 2°C and raining. It wasn't actually raining until half way through my dog walk, but then the wind picked up and the rain started pounding. Came home soaking wet, which wasn't good for me trying to recover from my cold. I'm all changed and cozy now and drinking a hot cuppa tea. I'm going to roast a turkey later and I look forward to that! Have a great day all :)

14. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

Hello! I have been learning about various perennials and annuals in flower catalogs. There are so many different colors available.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -10°c and overcast.
    Yesterday was an absolutely horrible day weatherwise ... we had snow and wind gusts of 100 km/hour. No school, and the roads were all closed around here due to zero visibility. The plow trucks were even pulled from the road for a while. All better today ... roads are clear, snow has stopped and wind has died down.
    More snow is in the forecast for tomorrow! I'll be so glad when spring gets here ... wake we when winter is over!