The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny. So nice to see the sun shining ... we have had the most glorious sun rises this week!
    Snow is still melting and I am patiently awaiting the day I can go outside and start raking! I will have to go buy a new rake ... Just looked at mine and realized I lost a few 'teeth' last fall.
    Have a great day all :)

Lilthisnthat likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Checking in late now, but the weather was good today with temps in the mid 60's and no noticeable wind so we were outside most of the day.
    I weeded the peas and then fertilized them; raked over one of the raised beds and put manure in to get it ready for the cucumbers; fertilized the onions and lettuces; husband mowed the paths to the pond and took the walk-behind mower around the back of the barn, bagging the grass trimmings. He filled the garden cart and I tossed the trimmings into the inside coop, making the hens very, very happy!
    We are planning on a trip to a nursery tomorrow--I'll try to be good, but I'll likely bust the budget with plants and seeds. I just can't help myself!

Lilthisnthat likes this.
  3. Netty

Sounds like a very productive day MG!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast with light rain.
    I passed 2 skating dance tests last night! I guess you really CAN teach an old dog new tricks haha
    Off to do my errands and shopping and hopefully a stop at my favorite garden center.

Lilthisnthat likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Had another 6 month checkup at the Oncologists office yesterday and got another all clear and coming up on 6 years of all clear. I slept really good last night, didn't realize just how nervous I had been as the appt approached. I think after the visit in Sept, he will be putting me on a yearly schedule.

Lilthisnthat and Netty like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

That's awesome Toni, congratulations!!
    Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast with light snow falling. Weatherman says we are getting a 'nor-easter' today and so the temperatures are going down again for a day or two, and more snow will fall. Back into the plus temperatures after that. Hopefully spring will be here for good then.
    Off to an appointment this morning and then maybe a bit of shopping. My regular grocery store was rather empty yesterday for some reason.

6. Lilthisnthat

Lilthisnthat Seedling

A mighty fine morn to all ?

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's Saturday, so that means "plant the squash day" is upon us. You know the old joke about tossing squash into passing cars? Well, I don't have to. There are several ladies of a certain age at my hairdresser's who love squash, but can't plant a garden. I hit the mother lode of squash accepters! This is my little secret, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't share the news.
    If it doesn't rain I'll do some perennial pruning. If it does rain, I'll make cinnamon rolls. Always have a Plan B ready.

Netty likes this.
  8. toni

Some days I have to have Plans C - Q ready to move to, very seldom do Plans A and B suffice.

Good morning all. Very foggy earlier this morning which means humid but now we have intermittent light rain which is pretty much all we have had once in a while since January 3rd with very little helpful accumulation at all. All the plants in my gardens are either native or very well adapted to our weather so they will be fine.

marlingardener likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and clear.
    So I went into Canadian Tire the other day only to discover a fully loaded garden section! I must have been more than a little excited as it didn't take me long to fill my cart with potting soil, seed starting medium, trays, seeds, a rake, some bulbs etc What a great trip! I am now waiting for the temperatures outside to warm up so that I can start my garden clean up. I did very little garden clean out last fall and so there is lots to do this spring. It looks like later this week will be a good time.
    And I can't wait!

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I am so envious of your "haul" at the garden section! I'm with you on the clean-up since I didn't do nearly as much as I should have last fall.
    Today is rearranging trays so I can start hardening off some of the herbs. The transplants will spend the day on the garden table in the shade, then go into the barn for the night, and tomorrow a morning in the sun. If weather cooperates, I should be able to plant them directly into the gardens by week's end.

11. toni

Morning all. Have the day to myself...might get out and get something in the ground....might just sit and watch movies....but since there is a race on this afternoon and the temp will be around 80 deg with humidity close to 70% I think I will be much happier sitting inside knitting and watching the race.

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny. It's a beautiful day ... the sun is shining and the birds are singing.
    This morning on my dog walk I filled a large bag with garbage out of the ditches. I can't really say it was garbage as it was all recyclable and so into the blue box it went.
    It got me to wondering if the 'blue box' program was something that only happened in Ontario, or it it is something that happens worldwide?
    Today I have some work to do inside, but if it warms up enough I may not be able to keep myself inside...It will be out to the garden with my new rake :)

13. toni

Netty we have a recycling program too. Our trash (green) and recycle (blue) containers are pretty large. The recycle program started several years ago with small blue boxes about the size of a news paper and they accepted only paper, clear glass and tin cans, I still have one that I use in the back garden as a planter. When the city went to the really large containers on wheels, they let people keep or recycle the old bins. I had two of those where most people in our neighborhood had only one that they rarely put out on the curb for pickup. Our trash is picked up weekly on Wednesday, the recycle container is emptied every other Wednesday and mine is always filled to overflowing. Most people in our neighborhood do not know the difference between recyclables and trash so their containers are filled with their extra trash.

Netty likes this.
  14. Netty

Nice to know that they use recycling boxes in Texas! I know people who don't use them as well, and it's one of my biggest pet peeves.
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -6°c and sunny.
    I'm off to a doctors appointment this morning, and then to the rink to help paint the ice for our ice show this weekend.

15. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Hi all, cherry trees are starting to look good.
    DB65F751-9B50-4441-AC9F-6896EF2AE4DA.jpeg

Lilthisnthat likes this.