The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny.
    You can always tell when spring comes because I am always in a hurry! So much to do, and today I'm taking my vehicle back to the dealer for 2 recalls. It's not going to cost me anything but time ... today they said it would take 3 hours. That means I get to spend 3 hours shopping at the mini mall and the Garden Gallery! Should be a fun day :)
    Have a great day all :)

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is an especially good morning! Our national public radio station plays a "march of the day" daily, and of course with this being the month of March, they had a play down of listeners' favorite marches.. Today the third most favorite march was played, Scotland the Brave. That is the only march I like!
    Now the day is off to a good start and I'll be humming that tune all day, I can get some needed yard work done with a smile on my face!:D

3. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°c with lots of wind. It's also starting to rain. I suppose rain could be a good thing ... after all the snow melted we didn't even have our sump pump come on. It always works hard during spring melt down, so that means the ground didn't absorb any water.
    All I bought yesterday was a few packets of seeds for some climbing vines. Not really a lot going on in the garden centers yet.
    Off to do my errands and grocery shopping today.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Checking in late today--again. The weather was good, so we watered all the vegetable beds and while husband mowed the paths to the pond, I weeded one of the flower beds. By mid-afternoon we were both exhausted, so we sat on the patio, holding cats on our laps, and discussed how sweet and happy life is on our little patch. The cats agreed.

Cayuga Morning and Catdaddy6676 like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. We had some light snow overnight.
    Yesterday was a great day ... got in my last skate before the ice comes out and also got in my first day in the garden! Raked out a couple gardens and cut back some perennials ... it felt great!! Today we will be spending the day at the rink for the year end ice show. A lot of preparation for a 2 hour show, but it's gonna be great!

6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

It is 45 degrees now, with a high of 65 projected!! It is beginning to feel like spring here. I am eager to begin gardening but it is still too soon. I stopped at my community garden plot to peek under the mulch & everything is frozen solid still.

Today I plan on picking up my sewing machines that have been in the repair shop. I have been making mittens out of old sweaters and been having a lot of fun with it.

Have a good day everyone!

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Well, today was "dump day" in our county. The local landfill is opened to the public two days a year for residents to drop off junk/trash. I was first in line at 7:55, eagerly awaiting the 8:00 opening. I was still eager and still waiting at 8:30. Fortunately, the man in back of me saw several items in my truck bed that he wanted, and asked if he unloaded my truck could he have them. Didn't take long for me to say "Yes!" Nice man, we chatted a bit and I have his phone number if we have other things to get rid of. God provides, but not watches for the county crew . . . .
    I got home at 9:00 and my dear husband had finished cleaning a flowerbed that was on my to-do list. If the weather holds I'll get some weeding done, cut a bouquet of Old Blush roses, and cuddle a cat or two.

Netty and Cayuga Morning like this.
  8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing. We got 6" of snow overnight much to my surprise! 2 days ago I was out in the garden!
    Spent all day yesterday at the rink setting up and having the year end ice show. We had a great turnout and we were exhausted - it was an 11 hour day there!
    I've already had my dog walk and shovelled the porches off, now I am having a coffee and the rest of the day will be a quiet one.

9. Cayuga Morning

I hope to get outside and begin the spring clean up. Early this AM a very large black bear took down our bird feeder pole. We had just been talking about how we needed to take it down before the waking bears discovered it! Aiicchht! I saw the bear & did my best to scare it off....all from the supposed safety of the house of course! We now have a very bent steel pole. We are not strong enough to bend it back.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cayuga, I liked your post, just because it gives such a different perspective about feeding birds. I also applaud your bravery in trying to scare off a very large black bear! Do be careful--some bears are grumpy when they first wake up :smt106.
    It's chilly today, so I'm in the kitchen doing some recreational cooking. I have chicken and sausage cassoulet on the stove and Sally Lunn bread dough rising.

11. Cayuga Morning

Recreational cooking? I have never heard that term before!

12. Cayuga Morning

Today I am picking up both of my sewing machines. They have been is the repair shop.

My husband & I have been rehabbing our bathroom ( it is taking forever) & today we go to talk to a cabinet maker about making the vanity.

I also hope to set up my mini greenhouse (it's a cheap plastic & pole thing, but it works!) and mini cold frame.

If I get all that done , it will be amazing .

13. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

Cooler than expected this morning at 38°F. I should have guessed this as I set my peppers outside yesterday when it was 70°.

The day is very sunny otherwise and should get up to the low 60's. Hope you all have a great day!

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. I do hope the sun comes out and melts the rest of the snow. I am ready to get back out into the gardens!
    Today, I am making myself do some heavy duty spring cleaning ... the kitchen needs it! When it gets a bit warmer I want to clean the windows inside and out.
    When spring finally hits, I want to make sure all this inside cleaning has already been done so I can play outside :)

15. Cayuga Morning

Sounds like a good plan @Netty