The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. It's going to be a cold one today, and we may get snow later.
    I'm off to do my regular errands and shopping today.
    Have a great day all :)

2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good afternoon all, sunny intervals and light winds temp 11c.
    Too cold to do anything outside only walk the boys. Did a bit of card making and this afternoon washed my hair. Just doing the dinner then walk the boys again. Have a good day all

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Thursday! I did my weekly run into town for a visit with my friends at the hair salon, a stop by the feed store to keep my hens happy and well fed, and get groceries. In a small town, Few people are strangers, and if so, they aren't strangers long!
    I took an asparagus quiche into the salon for one of the cosmetologist's upcoming birthday, was given a new wire egg basket at the feed store (Purina provides them and the store owner always gives me one), and had a nice chat with the grocery manager about his mom--one of the sweetest women alive.
    Now I'm home watching my husband mow and plotting--oops, planning--my afternoon!

Cayuga Morning, Netty and Logan like this.
  4. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, it was frosty last night so can't do any gardening. Vacuum the downstairs and water my seedling plants in the conservatory.
    Hubby's going out to get the groceries
    and wait for him to come back.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 4°C but feeling colder. There is a strong south east wind, so I'm thinking it's going to be warming up.
    I'm heading to the arena shortly, to put the new plates on the trophies for this years winners. Our awards luncheon is on Sunday, and with that comes an amazing pot luck lunch. I look forward to it each year. 2 days to get through first!

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Saturday morning! We are going to get rain, it's even sprinkling now, so it's a clean the house and bake bread day. If you are wondering why I'm sitting here chatting, the house is getting cleaned. My dear husband is dusting and I'm staying out of his way. He is a paragon among men!

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Sunday morning, yesterday went to see my friend Keith, he had a order for his cards so we made them.

Today not doing a lot,just walk the boys.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast.
    Discovered a mama raccoon and brand new babies in my garden shed yesterday... not impressed with that at all!
    I had a little chat with her and told her she had to go (barely any room in there for her!) and I left the doors open all night.
    She was right near the door opening and so I hope she moved them, I haven't checked yet! BUT I need to get my tires out of there this week when I get my snow tires removed.
    Of all the places to go darn raccoon!
    Off to my pot luck luncheon a little later ... can't wait!

Logan likes this.
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Tuesday morning, was woken up by Berry at 4am he wanted to go out he had the runs.

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny.
    I'm not sure where mama raccoon is, but she isn't in the spot I first found her in my shed. Looks like I'll be able to get out my summer tires at least, and then maybe I'll have a better view.
    So not impressed to find her in there!!
    Spring cleaning the bathroom today, it needs it badly.

Logan likes this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Made some jam tarts and a mincemeat pie for Sunday with cream.

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny.
    I'm off to do my Thursday errands and shopping a day early this week. My car is going in for service tomorrow, Friday is a holiday, and I need to get my groceries for my Easter Dinner.
    I look forward to my turkey dinner with family.

Logan likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Friday morning all ... Literally!
    I slept in today, must have been the sound of the pounding rain that made me sleep so well!
    I must have been dreaming about my veggie garden because I woke up thinking about asparagus and noodle beans haha Funny thing is, I have never grown noodle beans and just picked up a packet of seeds the other day because I thought they looked neat!
    Rain is supposed to fall for a few days, which is good as the winter meltdown wasn't absorbed by the ground...April showers bring May flowers :)
    Can't wait to work in my veggie garden!

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Friday morning all ... Literally! Netty, it took me a minute to get that. Wish I were as quick as you!
    It's still breezy here, which means nail everything down that's moveable and lean into the wind. I did manage to harvest three heads of broccoli and pick lettuce again, and none of it blew out of the basket.
    There are still herbs to pot up, and since I can do that in the barn out of the wind, that's this afternoon's entertainment.

Logan likes this.
  15. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good Friday day all!

I took a short hike with my husband, then a lunch out, and then finally headed to the Community Garden to meet a prospective new member. She signed on so this is good.

In addition to trying no-till gardening this year, I am also trying square foot gardening. My husband helped me with the 4x4 foot raised bed and today I nailed hardware cloth to the bottom to deter the dreaded voles. Then I flipped it and filled it 1/2 full of peat and vermiculite. The rest will be compost.

Here are some photos of the walk.

Then my garlic bed (wish I'd planted more!)
    the square foot bed, strawberries

IMG_20190419_113237.jpg IMG_20190419_121915.jpg IMG_20190419_114203.jpg IMG_20190419_114203.jpg IMG_20190419_171110.jpg IMG_20190419_171123.jpg IMG_20190419_171217.jpg

My cherished asparagus bed is still snoring away. I keep eagerly looking for sprouts, but do far: nada.

Have a good day all!!

Attached Files:

Sjoerd and Logan like this.