The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Or more holidays..Friendsgiving, for example.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. We had snow overnight and will get a little more today.
    I've got a patient to take care of this week ... Hubby was having trouble breathing and so I took him to see a Doctor. Turns out he has pneumonia!
    Antibiotics and lots of rest this week, and probably running me ragged!
    Have a great day all :)

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty--Here's hoping that he makes a very speedy recovery.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, so sorry to hear your hubby is ill. Please wish him all our best, and include yourself in the good wishes. Being nurse is sometimes harder than being sick.
    We are sunny but chilly, so I'm cleaning house today. Not my favorite activity, but every few months it just needs to be done . . . .

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -14°C and foggy. Foggy doesn't seem to be the right word, because it is frozen. But it looks really neat outside!
    I'll just be puttering around the house today, and taking DD to her skating lesson later on.

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. We may get more snow later on.
    I've been online shopping and have ordered quite a few things for Christmas gifts from Amazon. Apparently most of them are arriving this week, but all in separate packages!
    Hubby is home sick ... he's not going to be happy when 9 different packages show up :smt005
    He does seem to be feeling a bit better today, 3 more days until the antibiotics are gone. It's nice to see him getting back to his old self.

Frank and Cayuga Morning like this.
  7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all....I should say Good Morning all....we have been having some wonderful cool weather, just above freezing to low 50's. I would prefer freezing to 30's but I am not Mother Nature and I have complained to her about the heat and drought so many times this year she isn't taking my calls anymore.

Jane you sure to clean your house a lot. I have decided that the dust and cat hair balls will be part of our daughters inheritance...you know...they come with the house.

Netty so glad to hear hubby is on the mend, just be glad he doesn't possess a small bell he can use to get your attention when he needs something. My Dad had one, Mom could never find it to take it away from him so she just turned the volume on the TV up so she couldn't hear it every time.

8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Betty, glad your husband is improving.

9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and snowing.
    It's Thursday, so that means I am off to do errands and grocery shopping today. I'll probably throw in a bit of Christmas shopping too.
    Hubby should be OK by himself with the dog for a few hours. And yes Toni, thank goodness he doesn't have a bell!

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning and afternoon to y'all.
    We have gone through three seasons today. This morning was sunny and fairly warm at 50 degrees--spring. We did outside work--weeding, cleaning the coops, and picking lettuce--early summer. Then mid-morning we developed a slight mist and falling temperatures and about noon we had wind, overcast skies, and temps in the 40's--autumn.
    Our weather may be confusing and unpredictable, but we just go with the flow!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Did the planet flip upside down??? I have 76 deg, full sun and very little breeze. You are a little over 135 miles south of me. Mother Nature is still not taking my calls about our weather problem. :(

But I have been taking advantage of her woeful mishandling of our weather resulting in a return of Spring getting way too close to summer temps today.
    I have been dividing pots of water loving plants and getting the 1st bed out back ready to become loaded with bee/butterfly plants.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and snowing great big flakes. It's very pretty, but we've already accumulated 4 inches or so.
    Today I'm going to start the Christmas decorating. I usually have it up a week already but I just haven't felt like decorating yet. But today the snow has inspired me!

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    Wow, it's been a busy few days! LOTS of skating events, sickness in the family, Christmas shopping ... it's nice to have a quiet morning!
    It wont be quiet for long though ... I'm off shortly to babysit my almost 2 year old grandson for a few hours while Mom takes the baby to his well baby checkup.
    Skating later as well, if my daughter feels up to it...shes been sick for 2 days. School might just wear her out.

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning all! Today I deliver cookie/sweet bread trays to the feed store guys, the hardware store staff, and the grocery store staff. French bread goes to the dentist (considering his vocation cookies didn't seem appropriate) and later a tray to the veterinary (the cats are fine, so I'm going unaccompanied). This afternoon we will get our Christmas tree and decorate it tomorrow.
    This is the most wonderful time of the year!

hummerbum likes this.
  15. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

@marlingardener .... such a nice thing that you are doing there. It is the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

marlingardener likes this.