The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -18°c and sunny. It was a cold dog walk this morning for sure!
    Our regular Saturday routine is off today as my daughter competes today. But first, I'm sneaking off to "Seedy saturday" at our local church. I have a bundle of seeds to trade and some $$ in my pocket for the vendors. It's going to be a great day!

adam.ca likes this.
  2. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. It was so nice to walk out of the house and hear birds singing this morning! Put me in a great mood instantly!
    Off to the rink! Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 4°C and sunny. It going to be another beautiful day, with highs expected to reach 12°C!
    It's so nice to step outside in the morning and hear birds singing ... it really makes my day!
    I'm going to get my house work done early and head outside to enjoy my day.
    Have a great day all :)

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Ah, Mondays--laundry and light cleaning. I delayed my chores this morning and nipped out to the garden to plant lettuces and carrots. About half done when it started to drizzle. I planted faster and got inside before it started to rain in earnest. Now I have no excuse to skip my chores. Perhaps I'll bake an apple cake as a reward for being a good girl!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining. We had a very wet dog walk this morning, but now we are home and toweled off and in a dry change of clothing.
    I guess rain is one way I know I'll get my housework done! I'm canning pinto beans this morning, and finishing off the laundry. After that I'm not sure.

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast.
    Kinda of a 'bla' looking day out there, but at least its not snowing haha Most of the snow has melted off now, and the birds are back.
    It's almost time to start cleaning up the yard! :smt041
    I can't wait to have dirt under my nails and blisters on my hands haha

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 2°C and overcast, with strong north winds. We had torrential rains overnight, and just about all the snow is gone. Bring on spring!
    Today is a PA day for my daughter, and next week is March break. And if that wasn't enough time away from school, the Ontario Government has just shut down all public sector schools until April 5th due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Toronto's largest garden show, Canada Blooms, was cancelled the day before they were to open. I feel so bad for all those that had already put up their displays, costing them thousands of dollars, only to be told that the show is cancelled. NHL, NBA, World Figure skating championships have all been suspended, and even our local Maple Syrup festival has been cancelled. I just hope all of this stops the spread and life can get back to normal soon.
    On the happier side ... my daughter has qualified for the Skate Ontario Provincial Championships!! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be able to continue and she will be able to skate!
    Have a great day all, and wash your hands lots :)

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.. Rainy and wonderful here this morning. Rain has been rare as hen's teeth around here lately so the 1.32 inches in the gauge this morning was wonderful. The plants I have been putting in the original First Bed in the backyard have all perked up and are looking very cheerful....me too for that matter.
    As I was typing just now the bottom fell out of the clouds and we got RAIN by the buckets full. Wonderful!!!!

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -3°C with strong winds and overcast.
    Well, all heck broke loose yesterday, and everything that could be cancelled WAS cancelled. Any event over 250 had to be cancelled, which led to hockey leagues cancelling, which led to arena closures, ice show cancellations and also Skate Ontario Provincial Championships. My daughter is so upset. Not only can she not compete in Provincials, but she can't even continue to train for at least the next 3 weeks as there is no where to practice! On the plus side ( I am always trying to see the positive in every thing), I have someone home for 3 weeks to help me with spring cleaning! I'm sure she will be thrilled ;)

10. toni

Same thing happening here too, schools are closed until the end of March. We went to the grocery store last night for wine....we have food and other necessities but not wine...the lines were very long but only one of the sections was empty....the milk section. No body had a cart filled to the brim so there was no panic buying. One lady looked at our cart with just wine in it smiled and told us we were the only smart ones in the store.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's drizzling, so I'm inside this Saturday morning. Want to know a sure way to make it rain? Send me out with a watering can to the garden! I watered the vegetable beds and was thrilled to see our lettuces coming up. Told my husband about the lettuces, and he seemed less thrilled than I . . . .
    If this drizzle keeps up I'll take it as a sign that we ought to take it easy today. Husband mowed for most of yesterday, and I finished the pruning and scrubbed pots to put cuttings in. Thanks to Toni, I now know how to propagate Rose of Sharon.

12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Been watching Star Trek Picard on Amazon Prime
    The story goes all the way through, not a different one in every episode

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  13. toni

Rainy today....inside listening to vintage Tom Jones music at the moment, now The Fifth Dimension/Portrait album....on a record player ,,,the sound is so much better than CD

Logan likes this.
  14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. This is day 3 of my daughter not being able to skate. She is starting to get a little crabby. We have decided that we would do a workout together every day, and today I get to pick the workout. I found an old favourite workout online that I used to do in the 80's (the 20 minute workout). I'm sure she'll be able to do it, me not so much haha I have been wanting to get back in shape and lose some weight so I guess this is the day I start.

Logan likes this.
  15. toni

Good morning all. Our weather is to be rainy for at least the next week, it has been either feast or famine around here for the last 2-3 years. But I like the rain much better than the 100+ temps and no rain for months.
    On the way home we stopped and wandered through an almost empty grocery store but did manage to find 6 boxes of kleenex.

Logan likes this.