The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 15°C and cloudy. We had an unexpected shower yesterday.
    I'm so happy for you Toni! were you outside dancing in the rain?
    Another day of pruning today, should be the last day of this. Then its on to dead heading all the Hostas and Ladys Mantle.
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 15°C and clear.
    TGIF! My alarm must have been going on for a while before I woke up this morning.
    I'd better stop for a coffee today haha

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning to you all! Today will be warm and muggy, so I'll harvest herbs early, along with more cucumbers. Pork roast for pulled pork is in the slow cooker and will get pulled later this afternoon, so I'll be having a "culinary Friday." As soon as anything cooking gets fragrant, I have kitten faces lined up at the patio door with noses twitching!

Henry Johnson likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 16°C and raining. It has been a slow, steady rain most of the night, exactly what we needed!
    Rain will continue through the day today, giving me some much needed time to get some work done inside.
    But first, a cuppa tea!

Henry Johnson likes this.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Just another hot and humid day here. I would do my gardening around 3 a.m. to miss the heat but then there are the mosquitoes that would be very happy to make meals of my blood. When the temp is in the mid 90's as early as 5 a.m. you know you can sleep late without feeling guilty of being a failure as a plant Mom.

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. It is dark now when I walk the dog at 5am, so we don't go too far.
    Off to work on this holiday Monday. No doubt in my mind all the gardens are well watered after yesterdays all day rain.
    More rain in the forecast today.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 15°C and clear. We had a few days of heavy rain, and now a few cooler days with sun and things in the garden are looking so much happier! And the grass is growing again! I have found 12 tomato horn worms on my tomato plants this week :smt087
    Off to work, where I am in the thick of dead heading Hostas and Lady's Mantle.

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hang in there Netty.:)

Netty likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast.
    I got to babysit my 2 grandsons yesterday! They are 2.5 and almost 1 years old, and boy they kept me hopping! And this morning I slept in!!
    Lots of work to do around the house today, and grass to cut.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Monday! Since we are retired we can say that with a straight face. I'm baking French bread today, which is another reason it's a happy Monday. The cats are lounging on the porch, the hens are fed and content, and it seems that the humans are the only ones with ambition, and are working!

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 21°C and cloudy. It is already very humid at 4:30am, and I think I am in for a very hot day.
    Off to work, mother nature watered the gardens last night so I won't have to!

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is a good day--the nicest thing happened to me today on my weekly trip into town. I stopped by the feed store to get chicken feed, and drop off a cookbook I assembled for the owner. He likes to cook, and finds it stress relieving and fun (bless him!). He was so appreciative.
    Then I went to the grocery to return and get a refund on some skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I grilled one, and it was spongy in texture. I contacted the grocery company headquarters, they were very apologetic and asked that I return the unused portions and get a refund. I took them in, still frozen solid, and there was no question about "how did you cook them" or "how long were they in your vehicle?" The manager came out, told me to do my regular shopping and he would take care of it at check-out. He did!
    I was so happy with the customer service! I came home doing the happy dance, feeling that there is good customer relations in this world, you just have to seek them out.

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast. Thunder woke me up last night so I thought I would wake up to watered gardens. Storm must have passed to the south as things were dry as a bone this morning. And even though there is a chance of rain this evening, I watered the garden so I wouldn't have cracked tomatoes.
    I got the veggie garden weeded yesterday, and the grass cut so it looks better today. Some rain would be a good thing!
    Today it's laundry and canning tomatoes. That should keep me busy :)

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 13°C and clear. I'm up extra early today because I am leaving work early. Today is the day that my daughter finally gets to skate again! 5 months since she was on the ice! We are very excited to get back to skating, finally getting a wee bit of 'normal' back into our lives. Today, however, will be far from a 'normal' skating day... only 15 kids allowed on the ice, lots of rules to follow, and no spectators. But we will take it!
    But first, off to work!

Sjoerd and Doghouse Riley like this.
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's Saturday and promises to be warm, surprise! We do have a chance of rain in the forecast, which would be most welcome. Today I'll finish the housecleaning I didn't do yesterday (dusting, and you wouldn't believe the amount of dust here in Texas!) and perhaps a little cat petting (you wouldn't believe the amount of petting three cats require!).
    Hoping to hear from Netty soon.