The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

883466C0-FBEC-495C-BA37-B58BB9A2C0B8.jpeg

Here it is, Growing. I did not include this originally because I did not think that HG products would be available there.
    It is pretty much odourless and does not contain ammonia, vinegar, white spirits. It does work like a charm though—no streaks at all. It is designed for inside use, but can also be used outside.
    HG’s commercial motto is, “It does what it promises”. I have to say that we have used other products of theirs and they do indeed work. They are a company that makes many products that are specific to certain jobs, not a broad spectrum product that corrects many different things.

Jewell likes this.
  2. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Sjoerd, you're likely correct. I haven't seen that product here. Is it
    a product of Germany? The Wasser seems like the German.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Wasser is Dutch, Growing, but HG is an international business.
    Wasser in german means water.
    Wasser in dutch means someone who washes or is washing.

Growingpains likes this.
  4. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

That's why I thought it was a German product. My German brother in law pronounced it Vasser meaning water. Thus the Dutch, meaning someone who washes or is washing, using water/Vasser. A connection there.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and snowing.
    A very stressful day yesterday, and I'm predicting more to come. My parents are elderly, Mom is 88 and Dad is 93. They have been lucky enough to stay in their home of 60 years so far with little help, but that has suddenly changed. Mom has always been the caregiver and now she is not well. Dad is not able to care for himself and his refusal to leave his home is causing stress for Mom, my sister and myself. They are an hour and a half from where I live, an hour from where my sister lives, and in a the city (which is a covid hotspot)
    All that, on top of everything I already have going on, is very stressful and I can't see it being resolved any time soon. I'm just going to have to take one day at a time and hope for the best. I just took the dog for a long walk and it was very therapeutic. I hope the snow stops as I haven't put my snow tires on yet!
    Have a great day all :)

Jewell, Sjoerd and Growingpains like this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I'm not sure how things work in Canada, but if you or your sister can get power of attorney you can have your parents placed in a care facility. You or your sister will be the "bad daughter" but it will be for the good of all concerned.
    Thank heavens for Sargeant--nothing like a good pooch to cheer one up!

Growingpains likes this.
  7. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Dear Netty, my heart understands. I did Home Health Care
    before retiring and I witnessed this situation many times.
    While I understand the difficulty for we who are aging (I am),
    but I also sympathize with the ones who are required to take
    a stand against Mom and Dad. I could write a book.
    It's so true that our animal friends are a great comfort when
    We're emotionally bothered.
    Is Home Care an option?

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. I had a good sleep in my own bed last night, but stayed with Dad the night before and will again tonight. My sister and I are taking turns until Mom comes home tomorrow. We are getting them extra help. Dad refuses to leave his home, but we told him there will come a time when that decision will be made for him. Mom is feeling much better already after being rehydrated and given a change in medication and some antibiotics.
    It is hard for us as we live out of town and both have families that need us home, and regular life things to deal with. Taking things one day at a time.
    I had a nice walk with my pooch this morning, but he is going to mope again until tomorrow when I return home. He's a Mama's boy.

Growingpains and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good morning all.

Today she cut my hair. The Bride is very impressed with that new tondeuse that we got. It was a whole set with literally everything one needs, except the customer...and all for 19 bucks at Lidl. Every time she cuts, she tells me how much she likes that set.
    The Bride has been cutting my hair for years and years, so she has say over the equipment of course. I wonder how much money we have saved since she has been cutting our hair.

After that, I cleaned the leaves of that new tree of a plant. What a job that was. That plant is taller than me and I am 6’3”.

Growingpains likes this.
  10. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Netty, what age are your parents? If that isn't too personal.
    I'm soon to begin my 85th year and I keep telling myself I
    will never be unable to take care of myself (PLEASE GOD).
    Your dog, yes they miss us terribly. I visit my youngest son's
    little dog each afternoon. He expects me between 2:00 and
    3:00. I usually stay about an hour. When that time is near,
    he goes to the door, turns and looks at me as if to say, "OK,
    time for you to leave,"

Sjoerd, it is amazing the $$ saved by having a hairdresser/
    Barber in residence. Mrs. Bride, great job on Sjoerd's hair!

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sjoerd, your bride is so multi-talented! With hair salons and barbers shut down here, We were getting pretty shaggy. Finally, we made appointments at a hair place and got shorn. Best haircut I've ever had, and my husband is darned good looking, too!
    Today we finished up the new chicken coop and then relaxed on the patio with a congratulatory glass of wine. Okay, you caught me--two glasses!

Growingpains likes this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Growing P and Jane—thanks for your complimentary comments. I told the Bride. She chuckled.
    Good that you guys got shorn, Jane. Did you recognise each other? ;)
    TWO glasses...gotcha!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Growingpains likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. We had a good dump of snow yesterday, which made for tricky driving.
    Came home yesterday and made my family some easy meals so that they can feed themselves while I am in the city with Dad.
    Did some laundry, spent time with the dog and did some cleaning, and this morning I will head back down.
    To top it all off, I had my cell phone hacked while in the big city and someone bought dinner on my expense :smt013
    I have since done some security improvements on my phone and will be very careful!

Growingpains likes this.
  14. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

MG, I have a daughter in law who is a beautician. Problem solved. Against her wishes, my hair is usually just a long, straight ? mess?

Netty, bless you for all you do.
    I wasn't aware that even our phones could be hacked! What next?

15. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing.
    Another busy day ahead in the life of Netty, I'm not even going to list the things I have to do before heading back down to the city.
    The stress is getting to me... my house is a mess, my family has been living on mostly processed food, my dog looks like an orphan, I have a shed full of 'empties' that need to be returned for the skaters bottle drive, my bookwork is behind, I still have carrots in the garden that need harvesting and putting up, I missed my daughters birthday, the list of tasks that need doing is piling up .. the list goes on and on. None of this can be fixed until Mom is released from hospital and home care set up. UGH
    But I was happy to have slept in my own bed last night and had a good sleep.

Jewell and Growingpains like this.