The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Netty, I hope the ride was okay.

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning, all! It is bright and sunny out, even though the temperature is only 52, so I am going to weed the garlic and do a bit of garden clean-up.
    Remember the saucizen I was making for a lady who had a hard time? Well, she called yesterday to tell me that the saucizen wasn't as good as her aunt's was, and perhaps I ought to change the bread recipe so the bread would be softer, and I could get some better sausage. No good deed goes unpunished:rolleyes:. I have the consolation of knowing I tried, and the determination that I won't do that again!

carolyn, Jewell and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ach, too bad Jane.I can guarantee that my response would have been different.I really do love a good sausage. We have saucizen here although we spell the word differently. I lurve them thangs.
    Yeah, your efforts would not have been wasted on me.

Today we did cleaning—the whole upstairs. Now we are watching speed skating.

Jewell and marlingardener like this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 3°C and raining. I guess all the snow will get washed away by the rain.
    Wow Jane, I can't believe someone had the nerve to say that to you!
    I'm baking a gluten/soy/dairy free chocolate cake today for my grandsons, who are coming for a visit tomorrow. The cake doesn't really sound too appealing at first, but WOW does it taste amazing!! Can't wait to see them! And eat cake ;)
    Have a great day all :)

Jewell likes this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, enjoy your cake! And the visit from your grandsons--you certainly deserve some joy.
    Today is overcast and rain is predicted for tonight, so I'm getting the last bit (I hope:fingerscrossed:) of garden clean-up done. Mostly the amount of work I get done depends on how much "help" I get from the cats!
    I've gotten over the less-than-grateful comment about the saucizen. When I looked at the thank you notes we received from the feed store, grocery store, and the veterinary, I realized that most of my efforts were well received.

Jewell and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Jane, sounds like her problems probably are not just economical.

carolyn, Jewell and marlingardener like this.
  7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    Had a great visit with the grandkids and we ate cake! Well, we had turkey dinner too, but the cake was definitely the highlight. I sent some home with them and got a message this morning that they had asked their Mom to have cake because they had eaten all their breakfast hahaha
    I'm making turkey soup today, then off to Dads.

Jewell and marlingardener like this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, so glad you had cake and grandkids to enjoy!
    It is rainy and gloomy today so, guess what, I'm baking bread! I was freezer foraging yesterday and found we were out of Foccacia bread. It's a wonder my husband doesn't make me live in the barn . . . .
    The dough is rising, the cats are in the shelter, and I'm plotting out the raised beds (on paper) for spring planting. Sometimes a rainy day is relaxing and enjoyable, especially if you can stay inside and look at it without experiencing it!

Sjoerd and Jewell like this.
  9. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and Happy New Year! I, for one, was very happy to wave goodbye to 2020 last night!
    Yesterday, I ordered (some of) my garden seeds for this years gardens. I'm excited to try a few new kinds of tomatoes and some new zinnias, as well as a few new (to me) varieties of vegetables. All I need now is SPRING!
    Cleaning out the fridge this morning, and off to dads this afternoon.

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Good day and well wishes to all. Another beautiful dark rainy windy day. The migratory birds on the lake will love it. My little dog will not be so excited about our walk today. Feel like vampires should be living in this somber daylight. Thankful for a wood fire to dry out clothing and warm the body multiple times. Life is fantastic.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. It is rather gloomy out today, and looks like rain or snow clouds in the distance.
    We got Christmas put away yesterday and today DD is back to her online schooling. A few more weeks of lockdown before we know when/if skating will be allowed to continue.
    I'm planning on cleaning out the kitchen cupboards today before heading back to Dads this afternoon.

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hi Netters, say...does your daughter work out at home to keep her muscles toned? She will need them when she begins training again.
    Great that you are home for a bit then back to your dad’ s.
    We are keeping you in our minds.
    Have you done much planning for next gardening season next year?

Jewell likes this.
  13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Netty, I don't read here often so I had to go back a ways to get the gist of the comments and I am so sorry I haven't read here for a while. I missed giving you condolences sooner. I am so sorry. Prayers of peace comfort and good memories for you, Amen.

Netty, Jewell and marlingardener like this.
  14. Jewell

The weather of rain and multiple layers of clouds creating incredible gloom. Joined the weather again today to walk 2 1/2 miles. Hope to up it to 5-6 miles like I was doing last winter. My little walking buddy is getting pretty old so I got him a carriage this summer after a little health episode. He’s always with me and leaving him home felt wrong for both of us.
    This is my full time walking buddy Max. Have no idea how old he is but he’s definitely more than ten years. He’s a poodle/ Chihuahua mix. 51543953-E76F-42A6-8C4E-44F2FC77353C.jpeg

Here is his carriage. Works great for carrying picnic supplies, masks, lead and leash. I even put in a little foldable stool to sit and enjoy the woodland areas if I choose.
    6F14EDEA-4754-4233-8758-060E29A27988.jpeg

EBA04CB0-ADBC-4C91-9560-F51CBF0F4F88.jpeg
    Am considering how to make a rain fly for Max, that won’t soak the inside of the carriage. Have material from an old umbrella and some Velcro so am playing around experimenting to see out how best to make it work. Of course Max has to have full viewing, sniffing capabilities.

Am not sure who’s crazier, Max or me, but we’re both having fun.:sete_056:

15. Jewell

Great morning. First time in days no pattering (often pounding) of rain on the skylights or windows. Only light rain in the forecast for today. Love that the days are getting noticeably longer. Time for coffee and a read before digging and moving more snowdrop bulbs. It’s so mild that’s the only snow we will see this winter.

Rastagoth likes this.