The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, wish your grandson a very happy birthday from all of us on the Stew. After all, his grandmama is one our favorite people, and our family is su family!
    We are cold here--29 degrees when I got up, and it hasn't warmed up much since then. We've had cold rain and sleet, and the prognostication for tonight means heat lamps on the hens, and making sure the cats' shelter blanket is dry. They do track in . . . .
    Hope you all have a good day and stay safe.

Netty and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -17°C and overcast with an east wind. East winds are kind of rare here, especially in the winter, and so I'm going to assume that we are in for a few days of snow. Watching the national weather this morning and it looks like our typical weather is way down south of the border this week. Hope all the southerners enjoy it while it lasts, and Toni I hope you get some snow!
    Great time at the birthday 'party' yesterday. My vegan chocolate (gluten, soy and dairy free!) birthday cake was a huge success! It really was one of the best chocolate cakes I've had in a long time. Who knew vegan food could taste so good?!
    I'm off to do my errands and shopping this morning.
    Have a great day all :)

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hi Netty, I join Jane with b’day wishes.

Netty likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -17°C and overcast and that east wind is still blowing. No snow yet though.
    Up bright and early, have walked the dog now I'm having a morning coffee. Off to Dad's to hopefully finish the clean out today.
    Hoping to have the house listed for sale by next weekend. I will be so glad when I don't have to drive for hours to tend to the house.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We are in the middle of the WK skating here, so we have been glued to the telly since thursday. It is the only sport we follow and it is a national sport for this small land.

This weekend is also spring cleaning and laundry weekend for us.

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all, and happy Valentines day! :heart:
    Currently -15°C and sunny. We had some beautiful fluffy snow fall overnight an it made for a very pretty dog walk.
    beautiful morning 2.jpg
    And the back garden covered in snow
    beautiful morning.jpg
    Sometimes winter isn't so bad!
    Off to do one more cleanup day at Dads.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Lovely pics, Netty.
    Good luck with that last day of cleaning.

Netty likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -9°c and overcast with light snow falling.
    Today in Canada it is a holiday ... "Family Day". I'll be staying home today and spending time with my family. We are also under a special weather statement for "significant snowfall" (finally!!) We haven't had very much snow this winter so it will be nice to get some.

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -11°C with a strong north wind.
    Winter finally arrived last night, with a significant amount of snow blanketing the province with snow. A lot of school bus cancellations today - and this was to be the first day back for many areas coming out of lockdown today. I guess Mother Nature decided to keep everyone home anyway! My daughter does online learning so she has school today.
    Was looking at my seeds last night, and watching gardening videos on You Tube. I also had 2 calls from clients for the upcoming season yesterday so I know I'm not the only one dreaming of spring! Today I'm going to do some deep cleaning and later my daughter starts back to skating so we are excited about that!

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -15°C and overcast. Lots of snow here now and its finally starting to feel like winter.
    My daughter was finally able to get back to the rink last night. Sadly, there were no spectators allowed so I had to sit in the car. I really hope they change that policy soon as its a little cold to be sitting outside, but I'm just glad that she can skate again.

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -9°C and clear. This is the warmest morning for quite a while and I didn't have to layer up too much for my dog walk. Sargent was mighty feisty this morning too! Well, looks like I'm finally back to my regular routine this morning - I'm off to do my errands and shopping. I guess it really wont be completely back to normal until next week when the other stores are allowed to open up again.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -8°C and snowing.
    Today I want to do a deep clean of my bathrooms. Spring is coming so I want to give every room in the house a deep clean while I have the time. My plan in the fall was to deep clean and repaint a few of the rooms, but then Mom got sick and those plans went out the window. Plus with all the Covid lock downs it has been next to impossible to get paint mixed.
    Stores will slowing be opening up again starting next week.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Friday, all! We have 26 degrees with sunshine :like:! The icicles are beginning to drip and the glare off the snow is almost blinding, but it's warmer now than it has been for a few days.
    We are under a "boil water" notice since there have been water main breaks, and, by reports in the local paper, the grocery shelves are stripped and no new supplies are coming in today. Thank heavens we keep a "stash" and a full freezer. I can't get to friends or neighbors that might need something we have, so I'm not calling them and then feeling guilty because we have beef stew and they don't.
    Hoping you all have a good day, and for those in the storm's path or aftermath, hoping you stay safe and warm.:fingerscrossed:

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -17°C and foggy. I'm not sure how it is so foggy when it is so cold out, but it sure looks pretty!
    Off to see Dad this morning, and then home to continue cleaning. The stores open this week and so I am determined to get the donations dropped off at the thrift store.
    It will be nice to have that space back in my home and be able to finish my spring cleaning!

15. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Finally a sunny day here in the northeast. Although it has clouded up a bit still nice and bright out there. It is 33* F so hopefully some of this snow will disappear.