The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Clay, we are the same with sunshine, above freezing temperatures, and melting snow and icicles.
    My husband was able to go out and replenish the seed feeders and suet feeders for the wild birds, and replenish the water for the hens. They had enough, but we fuss over them!

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The snow is gone here and the temp at 2 p.m. is 70 degrees....so much for winter. But on the other side of this event, we ended up spending about $700 on repairs to the pipes in the back room where the washer is, it was insulated for but obviously not enough for the cold we ended up having. Might have to replace the tile in the kitchen since the water just poured in under the wall between the two rooms...we were unable to use water for dishes, laundry or body needs for two days but our friend next door who was out of town let us use her facilities when needed. Now we are just putting the backroom back in order for the regular life needs and getting back to what passes for normal in our household..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and snowing.
    The last 2 days were sunny and beautiful, giving me spring fever. Today when I opened my window blinds and saw the snow falling I wanted to cry!
    Oh well, good excuse to stay inside and clean and gather all my tax documents.
    Have a great day all :)

4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and snowing. Snow will turn to rain later and we are going to have a mess.
    We are off to the store to buy a new sump pump today. Our current one isn't sounding great and with melt down season coming up we want to be prepared. The last thing we need is our basement flooding! Hopefully the store also has a seed rack to look at haha

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

We are on an upswing in New York high of 39* F and in the 40's rest of the week hopefully a lot of this god forsaken snow is melted away too.

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Wednesday all! We have sunshine and the hens are happy, I have the house clean, and am planning on giving myself a treat by baking bread today. There was so much to catch up on after the snow storm/freeze that today is the first "day off" we have. We are going to enjoy it to the fullest:like:!

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny with a strong north wind.
    I bought myself some grow lights, and I can't wait to set up my plant shelf and try them out!
    Yesterday I cleaned my basement. I'm not finished yet, but I got rid of SO much 'stuff' that I had stored down there. Still a lot to do but I felt great accomplishment.
    Today is the day we begin showings on Dads house. I think it will sell quick.
    Today is also Thursday and so it is errand and shopping day. And also skating night.
    Feels so good starting to get back to "normal"!

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I know it does, Netty.
    I am happy for you that you are feeling the relaxation of getting back to normal. You have had a long road.

Netty likes this.
  9. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Thursday sunny and in the 40's starting see some patches ground in all this white stuff out there

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. I didn't sleep much last night, but I'm not tired today. I think I'm not getting enough exercise. That is something I will have to work on before gardening season begins. I'm very excited for spring ... have all my seeds, some new ideas for my veggie patch, and now grow lights too. Just waiting for warmer days and a foot of snow to melt!

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -1°C with heavy snow. It was lovely when I set out on my dog walk, but all of a sudden the snow started and I could barely see a foot ahead!
    Had plans of going to visit Dad this morning, but I'm not sure if I want to be driving in this weather. He may have to settle for a phone call today.
    Basement cleanout going well. I have someone coming to pick up the last big item and then I will have room to sort and declutter some more. I'm determined to have this house cleaned out before gardening season!

carolyn and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Currently 40* with rain had a little snow this morning but it changed over.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I am so ticked off! We were without electricity for two and a half hours (10 a.m. to 12: 30 pm.) this morning! I'm tired of this incompetence. I had to give my husband a cold lunch--charcuterie platter-- and he didn't complain.
    However, on the good side, we had eggs from the hens, which is unusual in the morning since they usually lay during the afternoon and we collect at sundown.

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

oh Jane... just 2 1/2 hours, thats annoying but at least it wasn't very long. that would have been nice in Zapata two weeks ago.. All of the town went without it for a solid 3 days or more depending on where you were, which made no sense to us at all. we had none but the street on either side of us had it for 3 hours a couple times, the community across the highway (only 200 feet by the way away from us) 4+ days.. no water no electricity no heat and 18* and hardly above freezing during the day for 4 days... we were fortunate to have a wood burner in the livingroom and 3 gallons of drinking water on the counter. we didn't starve.. but food was lean.

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and foggy.
    The snow stopped yesterday and I was able to go see Dad. Then, when I got home, the weather was so nice and sunny that I stayed outside until dinner. That means that today I will have to work on the basement. I'm putting a beef roast in the crock pot and will let dinner cook slowly all day. DH fixed the wall in the laundry room yesterday so I'll have to pick out a color for paint. I'm getting spring fever so I need to get all these jobs done before the snow melts!