The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Watching the EK finale. England is leading by one goal at halftime. Good luck Riley.

Logan likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Sunday afternoon everyone! Wimbledon is over, finally. Watching tennis is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
    I froze a gallon bag of tomatoes, made a pasta salad for dinner tonight, and washed cucumbers and squash to stash in the refrigerator. I am rapidly running out of people who are too nice to say "NO" to me when I show up with a bag of vegetables!

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Monday morning all well it's raining again with light winds from the east north east temp 14c going to be showers most of the day.
    Yesterday managed to pick more fruit and put in freezer, then cut off the old stems that had fruited on the blackcurrants because they won't fruit next year.
    Have a good day all.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Monday afternoon! We received 1.9" of rain this morning and early afternoon, but things are beginning to dry out now. A lady who moved here from North Carolina asked, "Does it ever just rain here in Texas?" and we told her it was either drought or downpour--no gentle showers, no even spread of moisture. We are definitely in the downpour phase!
    I made more Marinara sauce this morning. There are tomato seeds all over the kitchen, my dishcloth is stained pink, and the house smells of onions, garlic, and tomatoes. I love this time of year!

Logan and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Tuesday morning all
    It looks like it's going to rain but not forcast it
    Temp 18c with a gentle breeze from the north.

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

No rain today so I picked the usual suspects--squash, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Cut a cantaloupe in half and de-seeded it, and then stemmed and froze a pound of strawberries. We don't grow melons nor strawberries, but a friend does and we exchange vegetables for fruit. The food exchange around here puts most grocery suppliers to shame!
    This morning was so pleasant at 70 degrees that we opened the house. We were trying to remember the last time we could have windows and patio doors open in mid-July. We could not think of even one instance!

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 16°C and cloudy.
    What a busy week! We've had lots of rain this week, and a few tornados touched down not far from here. Crazy weather!
    All the rain has made the gardens explode in growth - as well as the weeds.
    Ontario is starting to open up again and this is good news for my daughter ... she will be able to skate again in just 9 days!
    Today I have lots to catch up on around the house and yard work will have to come second.
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Sunday afternoon all. It's 33c with light winds but not a lot from the west north west. So haven't done much today and for the next week.

9. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

It's been really warm today, at least whilst creating the "doorway" in the side fence for the hedgehog meant that I was in the shade. I did a lot of watering this evening, particularly the many roses in their ceramic pots. They can dry out in a day.
    No rain forecast for the next week. So the fairways well be dry, ideal conditions for golf. There'll be a lot of "run" on the balls if we hit them straight.

Logan likes this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good Friday morning all, lately it's been very hot so not much done just picked fruit and watering.
    Hubby is doing well after his hernia repair operation.

11. Netty

Good Friday afternoon all. Currently 24°C and sunny.
    Another busy week, but it is officially my weekend! I've barely seen my gardens all week, so I'll take the dog for his walk and then we will stroll through the gardens.
    Then it will be time for an adult beverage and putting my feet up!

Logan likes this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I love you Friday plan!
    I didn't do much outside other than petting cats. Tomorrow is husband's birthday, so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, making beef stew Gaston, his favorite. It is best after it sits a day in the fridge so the flavors meld. I do love to cook for that man!

Logan likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast with a nice breeze. I just noticed we are under a special weather statement that says we will be getting a cold front today with heavy rain and thunderstorms. I was out in my veggie garden this morning using my new 'tape tool' to tie up the tomatoes and tomatillos. It was a gift from my grandkids and it has turned out to be very handy! Picked a bunch of zucchini and I'll probably make some zucchini relish this afternoon. But first, my weekly visit with my Dad.

Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Glad to hear that tool is turning out good for you. Good luck with the relish.

Netty and Logan like this.
  15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. We had some rain yesterday, just enough to water the gardens.
    I managed to get the grass cut and trimmed before the rain came.
    The zucchini, onions and peppers have been in the fridge overnight, now they have been rinsed and are draining. In a while I will mix up the remaining ingredients and make the relish and can for the pantry shelf. We just finished the last jar and DH has been complaining so this should make him happy. I also harvested a beautiful savoy cabbage from the garden so I may try a new recipe for the pantry shelf - pickled coleslaw. Hope it turns out as good as the reviews!
    After that it will be out the garden to weed the back flower bed and prune the tomatoes.

Logan likes this.