The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 21°C and overcast.
    I've been for my morning dog walk and watered the garden. Now I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee pondering the rest of my day.
    When we got our new windows put in, I saved our old ones with hopes that hubby could build me a window greenhouse. He starting framing it in yesterday! So excited!
    Lots of laundry and cleaning to do before I can go outside and play in the dirt.
    Have a great day all :)

Logan likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh Netty, if anyone can make good use of a greenhouse, it is you! Please tell us all about it, and post photos if possible.:like:
    Our hens are laying lots of eggs, so I made deviled eggs this morning and am eyeing a quiche for tomorrow's lunch. My husband is living proof that real men do eat quiche!
    The gardens are slowing down, so instead of canning tomatoes, I'm freezing them for future use. Just not enough of a picking to fill a canner.

3. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny.
    Just realized I didn't post in this thread all week! It was a very busy week, not to mention hot and humid. Our weatherman had promised us rain every day since last friday and we haven't gotten a drop! A busy week of trying to keep gardens nice and keeping cool. Also at work they must have decided that I didn't have enough to do in all the gardens so now I get to cut the grass too! Thankfully they purchased a brand new super speedy zero turn mower and I get it done quick!
    Busy at home too ... DD is back on the ice again, so 2 days are spent driving to the rink. I also have a veggie garden in high production right now and I'm trying to get things canned - mostly beans and cucumbers right now. Also tomatoes are finally starting to ripen.
    Hubby is slowly working on the greenhouse - he is busy at work too so its slow going, but hes got the frame built and yesterday he started on the roof.
    Trying to enjoy the busy-ness of this month as before you know it the snow will be flying!
    Have a great day all :)

Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Wednesday morning everyone! We received 1 3/8" of rain yesterday and overnight, so no gardening today unless I want to be covered in mud. Luckily, we picked tomatoes and cucumbers yesterday, so getting back into the vegetable gardens isn't urgent.
    I'm making quiche for dinner, so the dough is chilling in the refrigerator, and we'll have a pear salad with it (with our own pears!) This has been an up-and-down year for gardening, but overall, we are pleased with our harvests. Hope you all are, too.

Logan and Doghouse Riley like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 28°C and sunny. It is very humid too and we still haven't had rain in August.
    The heat has a way of sucking the life out of me and here it is, not quite 6:30pm, and I'm ready for bed.
    I'm going to relax a little and watch the news.
    Have a good night all :)

Logan and Doghouse Riley like this.
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all it's been drizzling here and 16c
    not trying to do much because I hurt my right foot but still doing the walks.
    Have a good day all.

7. Netty

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 28°C feeling like 37°C. Still no rain in sight!
    So apparently doing all the gardens and all the grass at work still doesn't give me enough to do, so tomorrow I get to paint a room too!
    I sure hope they hire some staff soon!
    Tonight its Bacon and Tomato night! I'm heading out to the garden shortly to pick a few varieties of tomatoes and we shall do a taste test. Not all the types are ripe yet, but the new varieties are! Can't wait to try the 'Kelloggs breakfast" and "Cherokee Purple" tomatoes! And see how they compare to my 'Paul Robeson" tomatoes. Oh such garden fun!
    Have a great night all :)

Sjoerd, Logan and marlingardener like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I like these sorts of tests, Netty.
    Please post your results.
    It sounds like you may be a work-a-holic, meid. If it is more work you need...look no further than my lottie. I can arrange for lodgings and food if you want to become a migrant worker and come this way.

Logan likes this.
  9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Our day started out lovely. We sat at the dining room table with our coffee and watched four hummingbirds dance and spin around the feeders. It was quite a show!
    Today is predicted to be pretty hot, so I'll pick tomatoes and harvest herbs before the sun turns the produce, and me, into baked goods!

Logan likes this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

It must be nice to have hummingbirds, a few years ago i saw a hummingbird bee it was very interested in the penstemon flowers, haven't seen one since.

11. Netty

Good Monday afternoon all. Currently 29°C feeling like 36°C. Another hot, humid day and no rain.
    I took my daughter to work today, so she could help me paint. She is a good painter, very clean and a perfectionist in her work. My boss was impressed that an 18 year old girl was more proficient than the full grown fella we usually have do the painting. I told her to watch it or they would be calling her back to paint again!
    We bought dinner on the way home as it is too hot to cook. Now we relax!
    Have a great evening all :)

Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Evening all, just found out that Charlie Watts has passed away, he was the drummer of the rolling stones. He was recovering from a procedure that went well and that's all that they would say.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I just wrote a blog, and found I have a patch for being a Stew member for 11 years! My, time does fly when you're having fun, and the Stew has been a joy from day one. Thank you all for putting up with me!:stew1:

Frank, Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Don’t kid yourself, Jane—-you are the one that perfumes our lives on here......so no—thank YOU.

Eleven years, what an accomplishment. You ought to take your man out on a date and celebrate somewhere safe.

This gardening website is unique and such a pleasure to to be a member of. Did I say how glad my Bride and I are that you’re on here.

Logan and marlingardener like this.
  15. Netty

Good Saturday afternoon all. Currently 27°C and sunny. There is humidity too but also a breeze so its ok.
    I have a canner going on the stove full of tomatoes, and the next batch on the counter. I've been sorting and putting away all the produce that has been sitting on my harvest table ... onions, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and I am thankful that despite the strange weather this summer I have a bountiful harvest. Heading out when it cools a bit to pick the beans and peppers.
    I'm also getting laundry done, so this kind of frees up my Sunday :)

Logan and marlingardener like this.