The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast with strong west winds.
    Local appliance store was closed yesterday. DH did get my washer working yesterday, but he assures me it wont last. At least I managed to get the laundry done!
    I bought myself some blue light glasses as I've been spending a lot of time in front of computer screens and was getting headaches. So far they seem to be working!
    I also went through my seed box last night, made a list of seeds I need, and started planning my veggie garden. Excited!
    Have a great day all :)

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Today is cloudy but warm--69 degrees so far.
    I went to the grocery, and the dear meat manager had saved beef neck bones for me, which are ideal for roasting and making beef broth.
    I have a seed order partially made out, Netty. I need to decide what varieties of some vegetables we want to plant again, or to try. I'd bet almost everyone here on the stew has a seed box!

3. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. It looks like we might actually get some sunshine today!
    Sat down with my gorgeous Baker Creek seed catalog last night and then right away placed an order online. This morning I got an email stating that my order has shipped!
    Now I just have to watch my mailbox so that my beloved seeds don't freeze. I much prefer to do that than wait until the seed company thinks its time to plant - some of my regular seed companies do that. I've been planning for weeks and so I think my veggie garden is going to be awesome this year :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It's already Thursday, and tomorrow is the last day of 2021. Imagine that! Our day is 9 minutes longer than it was at winter solstice so we have over five hours of daylight. The youngsters are out so I need to do some cleaning while I can actually see what I'm cleaning. Enjoy your Thursday!

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 1°C and a mix of sun and cloud.
    We were at the rink this morning, then I headed into town to do my regular errand and shopping trip. Turns out I really didn't need a shopping trip as the fridge is still full from last week! So I ended up with a bunch of snacks for us for New Years Eve as all our plans have been cancelled due to others having had contact with Covid cases. The case count here in Ontario is at an all time high, even with most of the population getting their jabs. We are going to stay home where its SAFE!

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good day, all! I spent the morning making minestrone soup and husband took down the outside Christmas decorations. We have no plans for New Year's Eve except to cuddle cats, have a nice dinner, and like Netty, stay at home where it is safe. I hope all of you have a safe Eve, and a safe year.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast.
    It's going to be a quiet day. Nothing really planned today except a quick trip to drop off something for my grandsons.
    Then it will be home to nestle in for the night and wait for the count down to 2022.
    I am ready to leave 2021, and hope that 2022 is better for my family.
    Have a great day all, and Happy New Year!

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope that 2022 is a better year for us all.

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am with you, Eileen.
    Happy New Year !

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all, and Happy New Year! I hope 2022 is a good year for everyone
    We spent a quiet night at home, rang in the New Year and then went to bed 12:05 haha
    Up bright and early and have already walked the dog through thick fog. Theres not a sound out there today, was actually kind of eerie.
    We wont be going far from home for a while, the safest place to be these days.

marlingardener and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -18°C and sunny. It was a cold dog walk this morning, but we persevered and went the entire way. We watched the sun rise too ... sure is nice to see the sun for a change!
    It's back to the regular routine today, and back to the rink.

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -5°c and overcast.
    Well 'regular' didn't last long. Our Provincial Government has put us all back in partial lockdown again effective midnight tonight.
    I can't even begin to tell you my anger and disappointment with this decision, and this isnt the place to tell you about it.
    But my anger will probably drive my mood for the next 14-21 days. I'm so beyond trying to look for the bright side of things.
    Having said that, I'd better go out shopping for a washing machine today so I can at least do the wash.

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Its dark, looks like we might get rain.
    I went and bought a new washing machine yesterday and hubby picked it up last night. Today we move out the old one and set up the new one.
    The amazon delivery man also brought my new spin mop last night, so it looks like a cleaning kinda day.
    I live an exciting life! :rolleyes:

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I hope you enjoy your new washing machine, and that it lasts for many years!
    I foraged at the grocery today and managed to get most of what was on my list. I also dropped off a donation of warm women's clothing at the local thrift shop/food pantry. They were very happy to get warm clothing donated--it seems folks are clearing their closets and drawers of tee shirts, shorts, and sandals. Yes, we are in Texas, but it gets cold!
    I fixed ham and potato soup for lunch, and we enjoyed it, even though the temperature was in the 50's. What is so comforting about soup?

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -8°C and snowing.
    Its Thursday, so that means I'm off to do my errands and shopping. I didn't need any groceries last week so this will be a big one.
    Then I'll shovel off the ice patch we have down the front of the property for my figure skater trapped in shut down so she can still skate.

Sjoerd likes this.