The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hi all. I have nothing interesting to report. Our winter weather is chaotic as always. I wish I could export our surplus downpour to somewhere it would be appreciated. I stay inside too much, take care of my houseplants, pine for some dry weather and plan how to organize my office corner once it's built. I have been grocery shopping a few times for people in covid quarantine who can't do their own shopping. It's nice to feel useful to someone else and not just family. Wishing you a nice Wednesday!

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Droopy, you are so useful to so many people, and not all are under quarantine and need you to shop. I love your posts, which never fail to cheer me up!
    I grocery (foraged) shopped today, and had great luck. It seems one link in the supply chain has been repaired, and there were several of our favorites available. I confess to buying more than immediately needed of non-perishables that we use.

Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  3. Droopy

Awww, @marlingardener, you're such a nice person! Glad you got some of your favourites today. I hope you over-indulge, just a little.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I started a batch of pizza dough. It's a refrigerator method. Just flour, water, a little salt, and yeast, combine together, let rise a couple hours then put into fridge. Can use any time in next two weeks. I thought would try a bread loaf that way but in a loaf pan. I took Rufus for a walk and on return it was already completely risen so I sprinkled on bagel seed topping and baked it. That turned out very good so I was happy.

Sjoerd, marlingardener and Droopy like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -12°C and overcast.
    I'm up bright and early to get going on my day! It's just after 7am and I'm ready to go do my errands and shopping, and I've already walked the dog.
    I have several stops today, I hope I have luck getting the items on my list today!
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd, Daniel W and Droopy like this.
  6. Droopy

Thursday already? Yes, it is. We have +4C and heavy rain showers. I read the weather forecast for this week-end and they threaten with hurricane force wind gusts again. I won't take them seriously until the warning turns from yellow to orange. My morning walk was dryish, and now I'm doing housework and laundry. Enjoy your day.

Daniel W likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -25°C and sunny. Another dog walk I could barely move because if all the layers of clothing haha
    I had a very successful shopping trip yesterday, despite all the supply chain issues and trucker convoy.
    Shout out to all of our Canadian Truckers ... the ones keeping our store shelves stocked and gas in our cars, as well as the thousands of Truckers who are protesting at the Capital fighting for our freedom! You are all amazing!!

Droopy likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. It's the coldest day of the winter so far at -30°C - that is just about -21°F
    I came home from my dog walk a human popsicle despite the many layers of clothing. Sargent is laying by the woodstove now and I am having a cup of coffee covered in my blanket on my chair. Brrrrrrrrr!! I was thinking about how cold it is for our Truckers Freedom Convoy today and noticed there are posts of donations of hot beverages and meals being donated and that makes me so proud to be Canadian! The Go Fund Me page has raised over $7.7 MILLION towards the fight to freedom!
    I got my last seed order yesterday so I am ready for the gardening season. Now we just need spring!

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -14°C and lightly snowing. It felt so much warmer than yesterdays dog walk!
    Today we are going to pick up my daughters new skating dress! Just in time as she has a competition in a few weeks.
    We may stop in at the mini mall on our way home or stop and see the grandsons. We'll see what happens!

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. After the recent frigid temperatures, this feels tropical haha
    We stopped at the mini mall yesterday. Ever since I found out my newest grandbaby is going to be a girl I just can't stop buying pink stuff! We have had 4 years shopping in the boy section and its so much fun finally looking at pink stuff!
    Today many of our restrictions end and we finally get to go back to the rink! We are both overjoyed to get out of the house again!

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°C and sunny. Its going to be a beautiful day today, the high hitting above the freezing mark!
    I thought it might be a good day to sweep out the new greenhouse and move some pots and trays from the garden shed. But the show is still very deep and that might make it tricky. I may just have to settle for sweeping out the greenhouse and dreaming about the seedlings to come.

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing.
    I am off to babysit this morning. My daughter has an appointment with her OB and so I get to spend some quality time with my 2 grandsons.
    Then off to the rink later on.
    Its a full day :)

Frank likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast.
    We had a decent dumping of snow, I think about 8-10 inches. Just waiting for the plow to pass by and I'll head out on my regular Thursday outing of errands and shopping.

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Ohhhh, the storm has arrived! We don't have snow plows around here, so everyone is staying home if possible. We are prepared for power outages, there is a large pot of ham and beans simmering on the stove, and the cats and hens are safe and warm. French onion soup for lunch--the ultimate comfort food.
    I'm tired of winter, and we probably have six or seven days of it left (spread over six weeks).

Netty, MIKE ALLEN and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast.
    We have already been to the rink this morning for some extra training time, now home to clean house.
    DD is watching the re-runs of last nights Olympic figure skating event. The Canadian womans skater is an acquaintance of hers so she is watching with great interest. Wow, those Russian woman sure can JUMP!