The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's finally warming up a bit--above freezing, and the icy spots and snowy spots are slowly disappearing. With temperatures being so low at night, we brought the cats inside. You don't want to see the spare bathroom! We removed everything we could and put a litter tray, towels on the floor, and food and water in the bathroom. When they go back outside I'm in for some deep cleaning!
    We aren't watching the Olympics, but bull riding comes on this morning (a rodeo event, not Olympic ;)) and we'll watch that. We are getting pretty good at giving the rating for each ride.

Netty and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and mostly cloudy.
    A busy day around the house today! Besides the regular cleaning, I'm washing my kids old baby clothing to bring to my daughter tomorrow.
    Tomorrow is the day she is going into the hospital to be induced! My skater girl and I are going over bright and early to babysit my grandsons until Dad gets home from the hospital.
    So exciting! Today I am also making hubby a big tray of lasagna to tie him over until we get home again - my home made lasagna is his favorite!
    Have a great day all :)

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Wow, @Netty! A new baby to love and spoil, how wonderful! Best of luck to them, and you.

Hi all! I'm busy sorting my new office corner. The computer now lives temporarily in a state of no power because I can't place it before getting a lot of other stuff in place. I also have to buy some bits and pieces before I'm satisfied. Problem is I don't know if those bits and pieces exist or if I have to make them. I just had to plug it in today to pay bills so I thought I'd see how you all were doing. We're fine. I saw a snowdrop and heard the male blackbird practicing his song, so I'm spring hopeful despite the weather forecast. Take care!

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good hearing from you. I was wondering how you folks did during that big wind storm that hit you. It caused some damage here, but not much. None in our lottie.

Droopy likes this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Droopy, just think how you'll enjoy your new office corner. Isn't is always that just when you think you are finished arranging/decorating a room, something else pops up that is needed?
    Sjoerd, glad your allotment escaped any damage. That place is so special the storm gods must have decided to give it a miss!

Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  6. Droopy

Thanks for wondering. As long as it hits from some northerly direction we're OK. South-southwest is a different story. Glad it missed your lottie.

I am enjoying it already, lol! Got a couple of big, empty boxes to prove it, too. Yup, that's exactly it, and this time I want it to be properly finished before I put everything in place. The cabinets are done so I can use those. As for the rest, well, I have waited for this for years, so I can wait a few weeks more.

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks mizz Jane. I don’t know for sure, but I also wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I pruned the Clematises early. Could be.

Droopske—please post a piccie when its all done and dusted. Please.

Droopy likes this.
  8. Droopy

Today is Tuesday, and it's a Vivaldi-weather day. I'm gonna be quick on here since there's thunder coming in and I want to disconnect my computer. Thunder forecast for three days, snow, hail, sun, rain, sleet, gales, storm, rising temps, sinking temps, you know. Coastal north-west Norway winter weather. Good days to get my house clean and orderly.

Enjoy your day all, hope it will be full of good things.

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and snowing.
    We are still at my daughters house. No word from the hospital yet. But these little boys are wearing me out! haha
    I had forgotten how much energy kids had, and it lasts all day long! I am definitely ready for a nap!
    hoping for some news soon :)

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    I got home late and wanted to sleep in this morning, but Sargent wanted no part of that. He woke me up at 7am for his walk!
    We added a healthy, beautiful baby girl to our family yesterday! My new granddaughter was born at 6:31pm and was 7lbs. No name yet, but they are working on it!
    Her 2 older brothers cant wait to meet her!
    I am still exhausted from watching the boys yesterday - I had forgotten how much energy they have! :chuckle:

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and snowing.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day, sunny and +5°C. This morning I saw a Robin. Spring is on it's way!
    I ordered more seeds yesterday. I am really starting to think I have a problem :snicker:

12. Droopy

Thursday! Yay! Yesterday was noisy. Obviously Thor managed to get his hammer back from that valkyrie who stole it for a Eurovision song. Either that, or they've hired Zeus as a temp. It's all EU so he should easily get a working permit. Joking aside, we've still got a lot of weather, but I really don't care what goes on outside. I'm in my office corner, I'm sorting through years of papers, filing them, emptying box after box after box, and I play loud music as I work. On my new bluetooth loudspeaker my children gave me for Christmas. Droopy is less droopy than she's been for months despite the fact that spring is a now-show. I wish you all as good a Thursday as mine.

marlingardener likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C with a strong south wind. We had a gorgeous sunrise this morning!
    New baby distracted me this week so I had to change my routine a little. Today I will be doing my usual Thursday morning stuff ... errands and shopping, and then off to the rink tonight.

Droopy likes this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Friday! I started my Valentine's Day baking today with a batch of sugar cookies with chocolate hearts. Next is cinnamon raisin bread for someone who is a real fan. I found a cake mix that is no sugar so I can bake a bundt cake for my husband. It has been so long since he had a slice of cake, and he loves cake!
    There is a cat on the windowsill supervising from outside, and another on the outside door mat letting me know he is available to come inside and get petted, or hide under the bed.

Droopy and Sjoerd like this.
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

The wind is up and the temperature is falling, so I am baking parmesan bread sticks. Haven't made them for a while, but if we are in for a short cold spell, some long bread sticks with pasta will make us feel better.
    The San Antonio livestock show and rodeo is being televised, so I'll get my dose of bull, bareback, and saddle bronc riding. I still don't see the attraction of barrel racing nor of "breakaway calf roping" in which a woman ropes a calf and then lets go of the rope. Absolutely of no use on a ranch. And running your horse hard to go around three barrels without knocking the barrels over? I hope the horse enjoys it because I don't!
    Off to punch down dough.

Daniel W, Droopy and Sjoerd like this.