The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday evening all. Currently 9°C and sunny.
    I had a very productive day at work, got over 32,000 steps and my feet are killing me!
    I'm going to have a good dinner and put my feet up!
    Have a good night all :)

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hope you all are having a pleasant and productive Thursday. I watered some of the vegetable gardens, weeded the beans and onions, and found that some of the squash is coming up! Sugar snap peas are starting to blossom. I love this time of year!

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh Jane—your Sugar Snaps are starting to bloom !
    Holy cow, It is sometimes alarming to be made aware of growing zone differences. My poor little things are only about four fingers high at the moment, soI am once again so purply jealous of your gardening prowess.

4. Shawchert

Shawchert In Flower

It is already 40 and the sun isnt even up! I get to plan out my wildflower garden today (and get the borders for it soon)!

If I'm lucky my pipes will be marked by this weekend and I can start digging a hole for my weeping cherry blossom and my Christmas tree!!!

marlingardener likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. We had some rain overnight, and are expecting more throughout the day. Possibility of a thunderstorm as well!
    I've got a big list of things I want to get done today! I want to get some gardens edged and weeded, there are some perennials that need dividing. I also need to call for a load of soil to be delivered! There are still 4 new raised beds to be filled and all the gardens to be top dressed. The shade cloth needs to be put up in the greenhouse, the fencing put up for the peas, and so many other things! But I also need to go to town - there just isn't enough hours in the day! But first COFFEE!
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, what a great Monday morning--it's raining! The rain started about 6:30 a.m. and has been pretty steady since, with just a break or two so the cats could run to the porch, hit the food bowl, and then go back to their dry places.
    I'm catching up on inside chores (laundry, laundry, laundry!) and thinking of giving myself a treat by baking some bread. The baking is my treat, the eating of the bread is a treat for husband and friends.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hi all! Wednesday, 7°C and dropping. Sorry I've been out of touch for a while but we've had nice weather so I had to work from morning 'till evening to get stuff done before the weather turned again. We've had cold nights but not below 0°C, and warm(ish) days with a max temp of 14°C one day. It's nice in the sun, but with the icy north wind even 14°C feels cold in the shade. The sun sets at 21.30 now, so I've been able to do a lot of plant dividing and digging. We are looking at at least one week of low temps, possibly sleet or snow (hope not), rain, and wind, so it's time for indoors activities. Hope you all have better gardening weather than me.

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Wednesday, or for you who still work, Hump Day! I checked the vegetable gardens today and found that we'll have sugar peas in 7 to 10 days (probably), the lettuce will need picking tomorrow, and the herbs are ready to be put into larger pots and put outside.
    I went into town and did my basic grocery shopping, had a nice chat with the checker and the bagger, and then came home to my dear husband who had trimmed along the front fence. He is such a worker!

Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny.
    What a week! Been SO busy and every muscle in my body is sore.
    Today is the year end skating banquet so that will be a good part of my day. That should give my aching muscles a break haha
    Hopefully I can get the rest of the tomatoes up potted when I get home.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Shawchert

Shawchert In Flower

Good morning it's a beautiful day though only going to be 57⁰ F outside. It will still be a good day

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Like Netty, I'll be potting. It has taken me so long because I have so much "help" from the cats! We are back to watering the gardens--thank heavens for Monday's rain that topped off our water cubes and barrels.
    Have a good day, Shawchert and all the rest of you!

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 6°C and mostly overcast.
    I spent some quality time in my greenhouse yesterday, putting up some shade cloth and then up-potting some peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. The long range forecast looks good so I should be able to start leaving some plants out there. Today I'll continue with the up potting of my tomato seedlings, and hopefully get the welcome garden at the end of the laneway cleaned up - just realized it was missed and it doesn't look very welcoming! Off to the rink this afternoon.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Monday to you all! As I have said before, when you are retired Monday is a good day!
    Cleaning house today and watching the sun peek in and out. After I finish cleaning and doing laundry, I'll reward myself with a bouquet of roses from the front flower beds--mixed colors, but who cares?

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You had better take a foto of those roses, Jain.
    I’ll bet they are gorgeous.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday evening all. Currently 9°C and raining. Thankfully the rain held off until after my workday.
    Came home, walked the dog, checked the greenhouse, then I made tomorrows lunches and todays dinners. In a while it will be time to leave for the rink.
    And that is another full day :)

Sjoerd likes this.