The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Went into town to do my weekly shopping--got everything on my list and then scurried home. Husband is putting pine bark mulch on the path to the workshop and doing a fine job of it! I'm so lucky to have a hard-working, competent husband!
    Tomorrow is predicted to be rainy, so I'll find indoor chores to do, most of which will jump up and hit me over the head--do me, do me!

Netty and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday afternoon all. Currently 16°C and sunny. It rained all morning, and then the sun came out this afternoon.
    Spent an hour up-potting tomatoes in my greenhouse after work today. Its finally starting to feel like a greenhouse!
    Off to have a shower and then relax.
    Have a great night all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Friday to you all! I've been bumfuzzled all morning, thinking today is Saturday. I think I have it straightened out now (at least I didn't think it was Monday!). It was quite foggy this morning, both outside and in my head.
    We got 3/8" of rain yesterday afternoon, much needed and much appreciated. The rain was predicted to arrive about noon, so we hied ourselves to the gardens and husband mowed the back yard while I weeded and picked sugar peas.
    I prepared and froze a quart and a half of peas as thunder rumbled in the distance. Who would have thought the sound of thunder would be so welcome, so melodious?

4. Netty

Happy Friday All! Currently 16°C and sunny!
    Had another busy day at work, then came home to up-pot some more tomato plants. There is only one variety left to do tomorrow, 'Barry's Crazy Cherry'.
    When I got home my daughter declared that "today is Mothers Day!" as we are at the rink on Sunday. She cleaned the house, watered my plants, folded the laundry, baked peanut butter cookies and bought me a new thermometer for the greenhouse/hallway. What a great way to come home! Lucky me, I have 2 more kids :smt005
    Off to relax and watch some you tube!
    Have a good night all :)

Droopy, Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats. I laughed until tears came to my eyes at that dry comment that you have two more. What a chuckle.

6. Netty

Dry comment? Oh gosh, that's not the way I meant it to sound at all!!
    Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny. Today is the annual compost giveaway in town, where the efforts of the green bin compost program throughout the year pay off. I'm going to go and claim my free compost! Hopefully I can get the back flower gardens whipped into shape today - I have barely spent any time out there at all this year. My focus so far this year has been the veggie garden. I also have grass to cut and trimming to do. I guess its another busy day!

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh shucks Netty, and I had such a good laugh. That’s the trouble with only writing, you miss the intonations. Oh well, glad you had such a good and deserved Mothers’ Day.

Netty likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all, and Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there!
    Currently 7°C and sunny, with a high of 17°C expected today.
    I had such a busy day yesterday! Started out at the compost giveaway in town, filling our little trailer up. When I got home with the compost I realized that nothing was prepped so I began edging and weeding the back flower beds. Once I got the first large bed done, I was too tired to begin shoveling dirt, so I kept going with the edging and weeding with 2 more beds. (I did actually stop at this point for a cold drink) Then the dog demanded attention so I took him for a walk, which also helped to straighten my back, and then headed to my greenhouse. I figured for once and for all I would get the last of the tomatoes up-potted, and so that is what I did! Then I headed inside to find that the rest of my family had already eaten random dinners and so I made myself a big old sandwich on some fresh rye bread, cleaned everything up and then lay down with my laptop to watch my vlogs. I woke at 10:37 pm to the laptop still on my lap and the screen turned off haha I was exhausted! I have lots to do today too, but I'm going to try not to work so hard. It is mothers day after all ;)

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty, I just love reading reports like this.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Wednesday afternoon all. Currently 27°C and sunny.
    As much as I've been waiting for warm weather, I'm not sure that I enjoy it getting so hot so soon! This heat is going to fry all the early blooms before their time! We don't even have any leaves on the trees open yet, and there is no rain in the forecast for the next week or two. Such weird roller coaster weather!
    DD starts a new skating session today at a different arena. Should be interesting to see the competition haha

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I agree about the weird roller coaster weather! We have been trying to compensate for early heat and lack of rain, and so far have managed to keep everything alive and producing. Keeping fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:!
    Went into town to do our weekly grocery shopping and found everything on my list, to my great relief. During the "sneezin' season" my allergy kicks up and I really need tissues!
    May all your Thursdays all be good!

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Thursday evening all. Another hot day ... it reached 29°C today! I am melting as I am not ready for this heat yet!
    Off to the rink, where I will suck up all the cold I can get from sitting in the arena. I will enjoy it too!

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's Friday the 13th, which means most people will be blaming witchcraft for their usual stupidity.
    And, Friday the 13th is better than Monday the whatever.
    Just thought a little levity might help get you through the day!

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. Netty

Good Friday afternoon all. Currently 29°C and sunny. It sure is HOT
    Just finished my work week and drove straight home, where I promptly poured myself a cold adult beverage. What a week!
    Sargent is sitting here staring at me wanting his walk, but it is just too hot to be going out for a walk right now. We will go a little later when it cools down.
    I just need to sit and rest a little.
    Have a good evening all :)

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hi all! Saturday, 8°C, cloudy, rain showers, some windgusts now and then, but we're enjoying ourselves because our California girl arrived today. She's staying for 5 or 6 weeks this time, and we get to show her the May 17th parade that she's so wanted to see for years. The national costumes have been aired out. All that's left is to iron the linen blouses and polish the silver brooches and the shoes, and we're ready to go. Tonight is the Eurovision Song Contest finals. I'm rooting for Serbia this year. My favourite American Song Contest candidate won, so I guess my luck is used up song contest-wise. I've started the celebration already. Just popped a can of cider. Cheers!