The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Netty congrats on new car.. if I my ask..what kind? Haven’t the desire for a new car in years. Just haven’t enough brain cells left to learn new car system . Computers are testing my last brain cell as it is…

In winters I depend on my horses when we get either snowed in or trapped in by downed tree branches across the roads. They have a built in heater just sittin on them.. no chains or gas needed. No lighting needed in the dark ..they see 1000 ‘x’s more from tiny light than humans....the other thing manure or recycled hay makes great compost.

Jewell, Sjoerd and Netty like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. Its very frosty out and I made sure to wear the appropriate footwear on my dogwalk this morning. It was just about this time last year when I stepped outside in my sloggers and the frost sent me flying down the stairs! I had a bruise the size of texas on my back/butt and could barely walk for a few days.
    We went and upgraded our woodstove yesterday, and will pick that up on Monday.
    There is lots to do around the house today. I promised DH a homemade lasagna (his absolute favorite meal!) and I also have a huge laundry pile. I'd like to get some more garden cleanup done and some leaves loaded into my raised beds and watered down.
    @Pacnorwest I bought a Ford Edge. And another job on todays list is to get it vacuumed out.
    Have a great day all :)

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Netty Oh no , sorry to hear the snow sharks got ya. We see so many videos on ‘Shorts’ utube it’s one after another on slips down steps the partner see the fall and runs out to rescue the fallen partner and ends up doing the same fall slide down the stairs. It hard to watch..
    Be careful I can attest to falling like that …a slip on ice literally caused me to do the splits…has put me up in a world of hurt for weeks.
    I’ll look up a Ford Edge.. many moons ago I could ID any car model.. today have no idea what is what.
    What made you choose that make and model?color?

4. Netty

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 15°C and sunny. Another busy day at work and tonight is Thursday so that means its my night to stay home. I'm excited to lollygag around the house, have a bath and just take it easy tonight! Tomorrow is Friday ... FINALLY!
    Have a great night all :)

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate, you deserve a good night in.
    Enjoy it…annnnnd relax in that bath.

Jewell, Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

I agree.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Snowy inside day today. Not terribly cold yet at -5 with a wind - but very dark and snowy. Angus loves the snow and we've been out to sniff out tracks a couple of times today. Always amazes me what is actually around all of the time but I only see when there are tracks. ( heeby jeebies sometimes :) ) Feels like an afternoon movie with some popcorn. :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I always head for the lottie when snow has fallen, precisely to look around the complex for footprints of the various beasts there are here. Really interesting.

Jewell and Melody Mc. like this.
  9. Netty

Good Friday afternoon all. Currently 19°C and overcast. Another busy day, but the weather was so good that I didn't even notice how busy I was! I just got a lot of stuff done outside!
    Off shortly to the rink for a few hours and then tomorrow morning, but the rest of the weekend is MINE to catch up on outside stuff while the weather is warm.
    Have a great night all :)

Melody Mc., Jewell and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Lazy Saturday. Checked in on friend group on Zoom, and reviewing what’s new on the Stew. First blue sky day after hard winds blew the fall leaves down and torrential rains that beat the leaves into the ground as it was happening.

11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

The boys are coming next week… from ….one from across the pond …London, lives in Florida, others from California, Illinois, Colorado, and Hawaii.
    Will be nice to see them all and their dad will be so happy they all came to see him in the hospital.:heart:

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Netty like this.
  12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. Yesterday the temperatures went all the way up to 24°C, which was awesome, but never happens in November. We had a cold front move through in the night bringing gale force winds and rain, but its beautiful this morning! Looks like another unseasonably warm day ahead, which makes great weather for garden cleanup today! I managed to get the trampoline down yesterday, and dug up the dahlias and 4 olclock tubers for indooor storage. Today I hope to get a few perennials heeled in for the winter, and clear out the gardens so I can plant some daffodils. There is also a hydrangea hedge that needs cutting back. It's going to be another busy day!
    Have a great day all :)

13. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

This is good news Pacnor - my heart is happy for you. It is an important time for you to be surrounded by love. :smt049

Pacnorwest likes this.
  14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

- 12 C today without the windchill. Although the 40 k windgusts are cold, they also blow the settled snow off of the trees which is important. Apparantly when I resealed one of the large front windows, I missed the wee spot that hums like a kazoo in the high winds. ( face palm...because now it will be some time before I can attempt to seal it again). So...today is a kazoo band in the house. All I need is some accordian in the background and some bagpipes to make it all merry and bearable. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  15. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

What kind of tracks do you see Sjoerd?

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.